Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Skyrama > SkyRama - The Archives > Archives 2011 > Speakers' Corner
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07.10.2011, 17:37   #1
squalho
Forum-Apprentice

Idee CashCow best way to make money?

Hi all!

I did a little experiment. I needed coins to be able to buy a few things to complete quests, and I wondered what was the most efficient way to do it. So I compared the most common types of planes. Here's what I found:

CashCow: timed with a stopwatch. The complete turnaround time is about 1 minute and 15 seconds, which includes landing, servicing, sending it back, waiting for it to show up again and landed again. So that makes 20 coins every 75 seconds, or 3.75 seconds per coin.

Quickie: for this and the other planes finding the time and the money is trickier, because it depends on how quick one is to find a buddy, availability of duty free and whether the buddy actually services your plane. Anyways, one can find an ideal best case scenario. For the quickie, ignoring completely the servicing time, the flight time is 6 minutes. A quickie makes at most 31 coins per trip (25+6 duty free). That means you need at least 11.6 seconds per coin (actually more, because I'm not counting servicing time).

XS Turbo: again, without counting servicing time (which is pretty long for this plane), you make at best 90 coins (70+20) per hour, that is 40 seconds per coin. Counting servicing time, more than that.

M Turbo: 410 coins every hour, which is 8.7 seconds per coin. But again, it will actually be less than that, because of servicing time.

M super Turbo: 640 coins every 4 hours, makes 22.5 seconds per coin.

M Super Steady: 620 coins every hour means 5.8 seconds per coin. This is the only plane that gets close to what you can make with the cash cow, but this number needs to be adjusted to account servicing time, and to buy this plane you need to spend air cash.

The ramacopters give you so little coins that is not even worth doing the math.

Now, of course you can service only one cash cow at a time, while you can send 10 M Turbos at once. The cash premium goes up significantly. But then, how much money you need to invest in structures to generate passengers, in order to support that type of economy of scale? The most efficient way to get passengers is the bus station, so one would have to time how long it takes to get passengers, to estimate how many bus stations you need to support 1, 2, 5 or 10 M turbos. It turns out to be a whole lot of bus stations. But if the main point is to get money because I need it, it means that I probably don't have coins to spend in bus stations.

In conclusion, if you need to make money fast, and you can spend a lot of time online, just keep servicing the cash cow around the clock. You simply can't beat that! For the long run, spend money in bus stations and send a bunch of M turbos at once.

Cheers!
Level: 21
Old 09.10.2011, 06:48   #2
DanzFarm1
Board Veteran

Hello,

That is way too much math for me grasp but I will say, CashCow isn't the best way to spend your time making coins, especially if you have alot of time to spend. You realize how boring that would get if you did that all the time? I make tons of coins in a giving day, 300,000+, and I have "fun" doing it. Servicing that CashCow all the time would make me wanna leave this game and never return. I'd be so bored. Plus you'd be playing by yourself instead of with others and your buddies! If that's your way, I can understand that completely, everyone has their own gaming style. But, I totally advise you to look into another option to making your coins, that's maybe alittle more fun I personally used the cash cow until level 2 or 3. Never looked back since!

Take care!

P.S. I couldn't stop laughing when they changed the CashCow from 19 coins to 20. What a huge benefit there. Who really use's the Cashcow after level 3? Except maybe if they send out too many quickies and get their coins lower then 100, then maybe a quick way to get back to 100 coins to send quickie out. Well, I can't really say that either, there is one person who obviously uses it......
Old 09.10.2011, 10:23   #3
mac40612
Junior Expert

The flaw in the OPs reasoning is that there is only one cash cow active at any one time. So it may have the best coin/sec rate, but get 10 regular aircraft up and you better that rate overall. I have 64 aircraft/copters, so I can do six times the cash cow rate if I could only keep them all airborne :-)
Old 09.10.2011, 13:12   #4
sgk2
Board Analyst

I think CashCow is the worst way to make coins. U dont get buddies at all, who can send u their planes to service for which u get hearts, XP, and more coins, while u wait for your own planes to land. This is just unbeatable for "long" term.
After Lv5 cashcow is useless. u are better off picking countries 1by 1 and sending your quickies there to find buddies, and do a back and forth service.

2nd objective to level up is to get the goals done as soon as u can, u level up, get some coins, and a lot of XP, and occasionally items to move forward in the game.

Damoria GE2: sgk2, England: sgk2. Skyrama: UK:sgk2, Lv53.
Service time:GMT 7-8am, 19-23pm, or weekends - "anytime"
Old 09.10.2011, 16:50   #5
squalho
Forum-Apprentice

Thanks for the comments. Of course mine was a purely math reasoning. I don't actually use cash cows all that much because yeah, it is REALLY boring.

The only reason why I posted that is because I needed 10,000 coins to beat a challenge. I had less than 100 coins and passengers. I have a bunch of Rama-M-Turbos, but I just couldn't generate passengers quickly enough to be able to send them regularly. So I did the math and I found what I found.

The reasoning was also a proof of concept. It would be interest to give weights to XP stars, coin profit, and passengers needed, and using the same reasoning one could find the plane that you can use to "beat" the game. No other combination of planes would do better than that, and you could use the coins received to buy whatever is needed to finish the quests.
Old 09.10.2011, 16:53   #6
squalho
Forum-Apprentice

And by the way, for what I can see, ignoring the planes that you buy using aircash, I believe that plane is the Rama-M-Turbo
Old 10.10.2011, 03:57   #7
DanzFarm1
Board Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squalho View Post
And by the way, for what I can see, ignoring the planes that you buy using aircash, I believe that plane is the Rama-M-Turbo
I'd have to say the SuperTurbo. And alot of em!
Old 10.10.2011, 17:12   #8
squalho
Forum-Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzFarm1 View Post
I'd have to say the SuperTurbo. And alot of em!
The Super Turbo takes too long to turnaround. In a 4 hours period for each Super Turbo you get 420+220=640 coins and 45 XP. In the same time span you can turnaround about 4 Turbos (approximately, without counting servicing time), and that would give you (200+160)x4=1440 coins and 15x4=60 XP. That means 225% more coins and 133% more experience in the same time. This assumes that you have the necessary duty free. If you don't the Turbos makes "only" 191% more coins than the Super Turbo.

Moreover, with the coins you spend for one Super Turbo you can buy 2.5 Turbos, so you can grow faster! It's math, you can't beat it.

The only drawback could be the passengers required. 220 every 4 hours for the Super Turbo and 640 every 4 hours for 4 Turbos. That would translate in about 3 times as many bus stations to generate passengers. But those are so cheap that every 4 hours with the 4 Turbos you would make enough money to buy one (and have 240 extra coins). With one Super Turbos you would have to wait 8 hours to be able to buy one.

By the way, in 4 hours with the CashCow you would get approx. 3840 coins (and probably become crazy, but that's another story), so you need to send at least 3 Turbos or 6 Super Turbos at the same time to beat that.

Last edited by squalho : 10.10.2011 at 17:17.
Old 10.10.2011, 22:29   #9
DanzFarm1
Board Veteran

SuperTurbos are a good plane to send and forget for a while. You can literally send Superturbos at 10am one day, most will always service them, and return 10am the next day to be able to land them and get 90ep each (not 45), and some nice coins as well. They don't require you sitting in the game for hrs on end trying to make what you could easily make, sending and forgetting for a while. Turbos are a better plane if you have alot of passengers to spare, and you wanna sit in the game for hrs on end. I personally play more then 1 game of bp's, as I'm sure many others do to. So Superturbos would be good for those that don't wanna spend hrs on end in the game. Each of the medium planes work to your advantage depending upon the situation.

Overall, out of the Turbos, SuperTurbos,Steady's, I like the SuperTurbos the best. Next runner up would be Steady's, and Turbos would be 3rd in my ranking list. I guess different players label different planes "best" for their gaming style.

Go Superturbos!
Old 11.10.2011, 00:53   #10
squalho
Forum-Apprentice

Well, I can't argue with that. In the end all of these browser games reward the people who can spend a lot of time online actually clicking on stuff all the time. So if one sends only one or two rounds of planes per day the Super Turbos makes the most sense.

By the way, regarding the XP points, I'm a bit confused. In the planes "description", when you hover with the mouse before buying a plane, it says 15 XP for the Turbo and 45 XP for the Super Turbo. Nonetheless when you actually service them, you get 30 XP for the Turbo and 90 XP for the Super Turbo. Why is that? Does it have to do with the other player servicing your plane or not? Same for the coins, you actually get more than what the description says.
Closed Thread