Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Rising Cities > Rising Cities - The Game > General Questions
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 18.04.2013, 12:45   #1
skb13
Board Veteran

Default Rent collector

Ok, I appreciate that the FAQ contains all the information the moderators have, but if they expect us to pay money for this on that much information then they must think we're bonkers. I daren't even click the button to see if it explains a bit more about it, because the way some buttons in this game work, it could just deduct the 5MM and 'start work'. And then when the veg stands empty after 10 minutes I'll know whether or not it keeps them topped up, etc. But what's the point in spending MM only to have to monitor the game anyway, to make sure the rent collector does it's job properly?

Has anyone tried it? Is anyone going to?
Old 18.04.2013, 12:58   #2
Thomb
Forum Inhabitant

I just looked up the cost of Metro Money and for £1. 59 you can collect rent for 40 hours (or there abouts) which isn't that steep? LoL. The rent button should be free though all features should be free. She'll make it.

Last edited by Thomb : 18.04.2013 at 13:03. Reason: typo
Old 18.04.2013, 13:11   #3
-Wizz-
Board Admin Rising Cities

The rent collector does exactly what its name says, collects rent automatically, without having player click on the house while online. It does not move products into commercial buildings, that is still player's job.

I am sure devs would like to hear your ideas about this feature, but this is not the right place to do so. An Official Discussion has been started HERE.

As for this feature's FAQ, it does explain what the rent collector is and how can you use it, and that is what a FAQ usually does...

Please keep questions on topic.

Remember to Always post your ID.
Official Announcements -- Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by -Wizz- : 18.04.2013 at 13:15.
Old 18.04.2013, 13:17   #4
kerykeion
Forum Expert

If you don't like it, don't use it. Nobody is forcing you. The button is not big, or intrusive. You people love to complain about everything and anything.

Here's a productive post : 6 hours is far too short to really make use of the rent collector. I would suggest raising the time to at least 12 hours. Also, allow people to buy rent collector time in bulk and let them turn it on and off at their own leisure.
Old 18.04.2013, 13:19   #5
ElHombre
Forum Commissioner

Daumen hoch

Purchase the collector for 5 MM and you can collect your rents for 6 hours.

You must wait until the 48 hours are over to purchase more time

What does that mean? You collect for a 6 hour period, and then wait another 48 hours before clicking again?

Last edited by ElHombre : 18.04.2013 at 13:21.
Old 18.04.2013, 13:25   #6
kuroyany
Regular

Agreed it might be a tad steep for 6 hours but like it's been mentioned before you pay to make life easier

Issue I would like answered which the FAQ doesn't (or make clear) is whether it collects rent every time it is due from a particular type of home i.e. every 5,15,30.. minutes or is it collected once every hour? Obviously, collected when it's due would be beneficial. Would love for the veg stand,diners & bread baskets to be auto filled too but it might be asking too much..why not make it an automated city whilst the mayors lay about on the beach with a cocktail in hand for a few weeks
Old 18.04.2013, 13:28   #7
skb13
Board Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerykeion View Post
If you don't like it, don't use it. Nobody is forcing you. The button is not big, or intrusive. You people love to complain about everything and anything.

Here's a productive post : 6 hours is far too short to really make use of the rent collector. I would suggest raising the time to at least 12 hours. Also, allow people to buy rent collector time in bulk and let them turn it on and off at their own leisure.
Kery - I agree, the button is way off to one side on my big screen, in full-screen mode - not intrusive at all. But for those of us that still have prefabs, the 6 hour time limit might be ok, IF we could keep the veg stands stocked up. If we can't, then spending 5MM to collect rent (eg overnight) but being online anyway seems a bit pointless. Equally, for those like yourself with buildings with a minimum refresh time of 2 hours, the 6 hours is far too short, as you've pointed out.

So in short, I'm not going to pay for it, because it won't fill up my veg stands, and you won't pay for it because it's too short. I'm not griping for the sake of it, but trying to ascertain what I would get for my money before spending it. I don't go into a supermarket and pick up a plain cardboard box and hope it has chocolate biscuits inside....
Old 18.04.2013, 13:30   #8
-Wizz-
Board Admin Rising Cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHombre View Post
What does that mean? You collect for a 6 hour period, and then wait another 48 hours before clicking again?
Yes that's what it means, rent collector has a cool-down of 48hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyany View Post
Agreed it might be a tad steep for 6 hours but like it's been mentioned before you pay to make life easier

Issue I would like answered which the FAQ doesn't (or make clear) is whether it collects rent every time it is due from a particular type of home i.e. every 5,15,30.. minutes or is it collected once every hour? Obviously, collected when it's due would be beneficial. Would love for the veg stand,diners & bread baskets to be auto filled too but it might be asking too much..why not make it an automated city whilst the mayors lay about on the beach with a cocktail in hand for a few weeks
For a period of 6 hours when you click the collector it will take all the rents that are done at that moment. It does not check whether your markets are filled or not.

Remember to Always post your ID.
Official Announcements -- Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by -Wizz- : 18.04.2013 at 13:36.
Old 18.04.2013, 13:33   #9
skb13
Board Veteran

Even the way I've got my Energy Efficient Row Houses laid out - I have 8 around a single diner/bread basket. The diner and breadbasket contain 15 lots of stuff, so I collect rent and then top them up, because if I collect rent a second time without filling them up I lose out on PP on the last house. But that means I'd have to log on every 1.5 hours to top up the breadbasket/diner and so I might as well log on every 1.5 hours to collect rent.

It does, I suppose mean, that it will collect rent on the dot of 1.5 hours, but I get up to an extra 1.4 hours to top up the stalls, but it really doesn't seem worth it.
Old 18.04.2013, 13:33   #10
kuroyany
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wizz- View Post
IT collects the rents for a 6 hour period every time a house rent is due, it does not check whether your markets are filled or not.
Thanks Wizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerykeion View Post

Agreed on both points

Last edited by kuroyany : 18.04.2013 at 13:36.
Closed Thread