Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Farmerama > Farmerama - Game > FAQ > Game FAQs
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 23.03.2011, 11:05   #1
Shokena
Boardadmin Farmerama

Pfeil {FAQ} Coloured Animals: How to make them

How to make Coloured Animals
~at a glance~

The breeding feature is available to all players who reached level 21 for the farm animals and/or level 8 for Bahamarama. It involves using your normal animals to attempt to get higher level animals, that can be used for various things.* Why does it need 4 animals, nature only needs 2 to make a baby?
Very good question!
In fact it's simply a question of balancing. To get the higher values for the higher varieties of coloured animals. Maybe one day they'll only ask for 2 animals, and give them 4 power-feed?? Who knows??
Whatever the reason may be, at this moment, it requires 4 animals to make 1 coloured one.
We strongly recommend using 4 animals of the same colour.
Mixing colours in the Breeding pastures very rarely gives good results

NOTE: You will not get the 4 animals back - they go to retirement, and you must then replace them with 4 more animals if you would like to continue breeding
* I need Power-Feed to produce coloured animals. How can I get some?
  • You can make Power-feed in the Farm mill, click on the "Power-feed" icon in the Mill to see the required ingredients, and the time it will take to make 1 unit. At this moment, power feed cannot be produced in the Bahamarama mill.
  • You can maybe win some by spinning the FarmWheel
  • Depending on your farm level, Fuzzles can send you some in his daily gift.
  • As a chickadee, your mentor can send you Power-feed as a gift
  • Mentors can buy some from the Mentoring shop
  • You can buy some with BBs by clicking on your water tank (sales pop-up).
  • You can buy some in bulk quantities during "Power-Feed Savings Events"
* Can I speed up the time of the Breeding Pastures?
Yes!
  • One way to speed up the production time is to add pheromones.
Each pheromone will half the production time remaining:
  1. pheromone will reduce from 6h -> 3h
  2. pheromones will reduce from 3h -> 1.5h
  3. pheromones will reduce from 1.5h -> 45m
  4. pheromones will reduce from 45m -> 22m
Pheromones can be gifted to/from neighbours + buddies
They can also be bought in the Shopping Center in the City (under: "Farm Supplies"). Gold and Diamond Premium users have one free pheromone set by default in the breeding pastures. Please note that this pheromone will take 5-10 second to appear in your pastures.
You can add pheromones to each pasture manually by clicking on the pasture and then the pheromone button:

or automatically using the Farm droid (one pheromone will be added to each started pasture in that field).
  • Another way to speed up the time is to open the SkillTree Rune that reduces production time from 6h -> 5h for all future coloured-breedings.
  • The artisan product Pink Jelly will also cut the breeding time in half when consumed BEFORE starting your breeding process.
All 3 options can be used in the same time, if available (rune, pheromones and pink jelly).
* Will the Harvester actually harvest the Breeding Pasture?
Yes!
The harvester will harvest your pastures, each pasture giving 50 EP and you'll see a pop-up with your new coloured animal.
Of course, you can also choose to harvest the Pastures manually
NOTE: the Harvest Bonuses do not work for the Breeding Pastures.
* What happens if I delete a breeding pasture?
  • When deleted, it will vanish.
  • If you delete after placing animals and feed, you will lose all the animals and feed.
    The breeding pasture will return to its dormant state in the Field tab.
    see also: {FAQ} Deleting items (link)
* What are single/romantic pens and group pens?

Holding Pens (also named Romantic pens in the Skilltree) can be built in the City Workshop, to display your best coloured animals, and get some EPs from them! Find more details in this {FAQ} Coloured animals: Placed in Holding Pens (Romantic pens)

* What else can I do with the coloured animals I produce in the Pasture?
Find out more here: {FAQ} Coloured Animals: how to use them
* Is there anything else I should know about colored animals?
You may want to take a look at the breeding runes in the SkillTree, that offer breeding animals, power feed, pheromones and single pens. Please note that no rune will unlock the special breedings: Bats and Crows. {FAQ} Magical Glade, Tree of Wisdom
This FAQ is informative and may be updated at any time. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and don't forget to refresh every now and then to check for updated info.

Last edited by .salt.n.pepper. : 27.04.2013 at 13:28. Reason: updated info
Old 23.04.2013, 16:15   #2
.salt.n.pepper.
Commander of the Forum

Breeding in the Farm

* How do I get started with coloured breeding?
Once you get to level 21+ you'll see an extra icon appearing on the "plot tab", like this:
You can then click on it, and place a "Breeding Pasture" on an empty area 2x3 squares.

* Then what?

When you click on the Breeding Pasture, you'll see a pop-up where you can select:
  • The type of animal (from the top ribbon - move uround using the sliding cursor)
  • Which 4 coloured animals you want to breed (knowing that 4 of the same colour give the next best breed)
  • And at the bottom, a button to "power-feed" the animals.
* Why can't I see bats and crows in my Breeding Pastures?
Bat breeding and Crow breeding can only be unlocked during periodic Moonlight Mania events
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Each of the following species of animals have new coloured varieties

* Why can't I buy Classic I/II pens for the breeding animals quoted above?
For animals who have "coloured breeding" it will no longer be possible to buy Classic I/II stables (because these are "replaced" by the Yellow + Orange upgrades: see FAQ: Coloured Animal Stable Upgrade . This doesn't mean that you cannot use the Classic I & II stables that you already have in your farms.
Animals that have breeding will no longer award tese stables in the Farmer's Society quest: Noah's Ark.

Last edited by teddy.bear : 22.08.2013 at 12:40.
Old 23.04.2013, 16:26   #3
.salt.n.pepper.
Commander of the Forum

Breeding on Bahamarama

* How do I get started with Bahamara breeding?
Once you unlock the Monkey Breeding statue in Chamber 3 of the monkey temple, you'll see an extra icon appearing on the "plot tab", like this:
You can then click on it, and place a Tropical Breeding Pasture on an empty area 2x3 squares.

* Then what?
When you click on the Breeding Pasture, you'll see a pop-up where you can select:

• The type of animal (from the top bar) - Monkeys in this case
  • Which 4 coloured animals you want to breed (knowing that 4 of the same colour give the next best breed)
  • And at the bottom, a button to "power-feed" the animals.
* What else can I do with the coloured animals I produce in the Tropical breeding pasture?
Find out more here: {FAQ} Coloured Animals: how to use them
* Can I place the single pens on Bahamarama?

At this moment, it is not possible. However, you can use the pens normally on your farm to display your monkeys and collect EP from them.

Monkeys have now new, colored varieties:
* Colored monkeys

* Why can't I buy Classic I/II pens for the Monkeys?
As these animals now have the colored breeding available, it will no longer be possible to buy Classic I/II stables (because these are "replaced" by the Yellow + Orange upgrades.

Last edited by Neon-Lights : 22.10.2013 at 21:28. Reason: updated temple statue