Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Drakensang Online > Drakensang Online - The Game > General Questions
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2013, 01:09   #1
PalomarMrV
Forum-Apprentice

Default What do you mean bots?

Sorry to be ignorant on this, but all this discussion on bots has me thrown off. In other games when "bots" became a problem they were talking about automated programs that completed a somewhat simple series of activities without continuous input from the user.

Is this what we mean when we say bots?

If that is what we are talking about, then what is the point of changing any programming or drop rates or any of the other R111 stuff that is making people furious? Why not just make Ander a manual pickup item like Cots? Are the "Bots" that sophisticated?
PalomarMrV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.10.2013, 02:41   #2
crimsondeath90
Advanced

Location: I''d tell ya, but u probably won't believe me, it's Utopia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalomarMrV View Post
Sorry to be ignorant on this, but all this discussion on bots has me thrown off. In other games when "bots" became a problem they were talking about automated programs that completed a somewhat simple series of activities without continuous input from the user.

Is this what we mean when we say bots?

If that is what we are talking about, then what is the point of changing any programming or drop rates or any of the other R111 stuff that is making people furious? Why not just make Ander a manual pickup item like Cots? Are the "Bots" that sophisticated?
Yes that is the bot that is being talked about here.

Because there is the premium account that auto pick up gold and ander. There are those who are sentimental to this issue since level 40+ dungeons and areas often don't provide good drops and even lower ander drop rates. The issue really gathered momentum when the word "reward accordingly" was dropped. For ex., there are shabby chests in the Andrakash dungeons that drop level 37 items for level 40+ characters that opened them. And ander drop isn't really that much since the mobs are tough to kill. (too many to list here but that is just one of many examples that grind the gears of some people).

And when you provide these kind of questions:
Also what is the direct effect of lowering ander drop (quantity) with bot users? These users use bot for a reason, and that is to farm endlessly. Even if drop quantity is lowered, how is that going to affect a program that will just continue what it was programmed to do in the first place? It will just encourage more use of it. And what about if this is done on a higher level dungeon/s by high level character/s? What about then? Lower the quantity there too?

And that is why some have gripes with this issue (note: this are just few of it, but certainly, others have more or different reasons).

Level 40 SW Crimsondeathmist (SKOTO)
RoboNinjaSamurai Guild GM (Come and join the motley bunch!)
Former Pinoypride, Bandila, PvPinoy, UniqueXHunterII, HighCouncil Guild Member
crimsondeath90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.10.2013, 03:23   #3
ZionCrest
Old Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsondeath90 View Post
Yes that is the bot that is being talked about here.

Because there is the premium account that auto pick up gold and ander.
i remember many of the old players saying premium accounts would be the downfall of DSO. looks like they were right. BOTS brought about by premium shows that greed breeds more greed. killing the F2P farming for BOTS brought about by P2P BOT users? i don't blame these paying BOT users, they are just taking advantage of something they paid for. BP greed bought this upon themselves.
Old 04.10.2013, 04:39   #4
-phoenixmaster-
Forum Great Master

Ander IS a manual pick up item. -_-

Bots can pick up items manually. You don't have to be premium for it to work. Each and every item in the game has a different ID number, the bot can look for these IDs (I assume the bot maker would have to study the game and its files for quite a while to find them) and determine whether or not it should pick the item up. The same way it moves rather precisely around a map using coordinates that the game itself uses to function. It can carry out successive tasks such as killing specific monsters along a specific route and picking up specific dropped items. Even add a 'randomness' factor which causes the bot to change its actions slightly to avoid patterns and detection. Of course, I know this from RSBot. The bots that they make are extremely well designed and complicated. But they've been around for a long time... I don't know how experienced the makers of edit are... but since its causing such a fuss, I think they probably know what they're doing. Thats why steps have to be taken to prevent bot usage. Such as a perma-ban when detected.
Until Mortis becomes possible for my main, I'll play on alts.

Last edited by Biztart : 05.10.2013 at 06:38. Reason: removed name
-phoenixmaster- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.10.2013, 08:46   #5
crimsondeath90
Advanced

Location: I''d tell ya, but u probably won't believe me, it's Utopia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -phoenixmaster- View Post
No one here is saying that it isn't. But the premium accounts do make it quite easier to do so. Plus, if it's available in-game, bot makers could use it. But... this is where it all dives down to ethics, game mechanics and programming-know-hows.

All-in-all, bot users are outright unfair to those honest players out there, which I assume consists of the general populous. I've already posted above what I wanted to say and, I don't want to sound like a broken tape. Hopefully, the OP of the thread now understands the issue about bots just a tad better.

Level 40 SW Crimsondeathmist (SKOTO)
RoboNinjaSamurai Guild GM (Come and join the motley bunch!)
Former Pinoypride, Bandila, PvPinoy, UniqueXHunterII, HighCouncil Guild Member
crimsondeath90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.10.2013, 12:34   #6
bryansladek
Forum Great Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by -phoenixmaster- View Post

Bots can pick up items manually. You don't have to be premium for it to work. Each and every item in the game has a different ID number, the bot can look for these IDs (I assume the bot maker would have to study the game and its files for quite a while to find them) and determine whether or not it should pick the item up. The same way it moves rather precisely around a map using coordinates that the game itself uses to function. It can carry out successive tasks such as killing specific monsters along a specific route and picking up specific dropped items. Even add a 'randomness' factor which causes the bot to change its actions slightly to avoid patterns and detection. Of course, I know this from RSBot. The bots that they make are extremely well designed and complicated. But they've been around for a long time... I don't know how experienced the makers of DSOBot are... but since its causing such a fuss, I think they probably know what they're doing. Thats why steps have to be taken to prevent bot usage. Such as a perma-ban when detected.
All they need to do is make reporting very selected user information part of the EULA. Then program Thin Client and the Java applet to detect the bot running in the player's background and report it to BP and then--insta-ban!

Presumably, the dev team has people competent to handle the coding. Then again, we are talking about BigPoint.

But seriously speaking, bot programs come with viruses--the angle is ultimately to steal the bot user's account if it is worthwhile to the hacker/bot-provider. BigPoint should be making itself part of the solution by quashing bot programmers, not punishing by and large its free-to-play audience, which is an intergral part of the business strategy. Without free-to-play, the game sucks for pay to play, and everyone leaves. So keep up the good work BigPoint. Between this and variable-stat Ammons gear, and continually screwing over the various classes, you can if you try, successfully kill this game.

On a side-note, I love how die-hard free-to-play (especially ones that can afford a $13 a month subscription) complain about premium. What a bunch of dorks.

Last edited by bryansladek : 04.10.2013 at 12:44.
bryansladek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.10.2013, 01:21   #7
-sara28-
Padavan

Bots are like flu spread very quickly ,i'm not gonna name it but i know that no single players but the entire guilds use bots ,speed hacks
why on earth they are still in the game ?
-sara28- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.10.2013, 03:45   #8
-phoenixmaster-
Forum Great Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsondeath90 View Post
No one here is saying that it isn't.
Here ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalomarMrV View Post
Why not just make Ander a manual pickup item like Cots?
Until Mortis becomes possible for my main, I'll play on alts.
-phoenixmaster- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.10.2013, 10:36   #9
ZionCrest
Old Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansladek View Post
On a side-note, I love how die-hard free-to-play (especially ones that can afford a $13 a month subscription) complain about premium. What a bunch of dorks.
lol. sorry to burst your bubble bryansladek. i'm not complaining about premium. im complaining about the way BP is driven by greed. i wouldn't think twice about getting premium if i know BP intentions are not to rip me off.
Old 05.10.2013, 10:51   #10
-LordVital-
Forum Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionCrest View Post
i remember many of the old players saying premium accounts would be the downfall of DSO. looks like they were right. BOTS brought about by premium shows that greed breeds more greed. killing the F2P farming for BOTS brought about by P2P BOT users? i don't blame these paying BOT users, they are just taking advantage of something they paid for. BP greed bought this upon themselves.
-LordVital- is offline   Reply With Quote