Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Drakensang Online > Drakensang - Archive > Archive 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02.11.2012, 14:26   #1
eatsouls
Forum-Greenhorn

Default Nebula3 Application Error

Every time I try to complete the first quest in the tutorial area I get this Nebula3 Application Error when I click the wagon.. Anyone know a way around this or if it's just some bug for the tutorial?

Edit: I get this error when opening objects too such as chests.

Edit#2: When I pick up Gold too.

Edit#3: And items.

Edit#4: Can't even leave the tutorial area lol...

Edit#5(Last): Full error report:

Nebula3 Application Error

***NEBULA ASSERTION ***

programmer says:NULL pointer access in Ptr:: operator->()!
expression: this->ptr
file: C:\nebula3\code\foundation\core/ptr.h
line: 252
funcsig: class Game::GameActor *_thiscall Ptr<class
Game::GameActor>:: operator->(void) const

Thread: MainThread

When I press OK it shows:

app.n3app - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x01668f60

Click on OK to terminate the program

Last edited by eatsouls : 02.11.2012 at 14:50.
Old 02.11.2012, 17:51   #2
Dward
Forum Freak

Sorry to see you are having this problem. Sometimes files can become corrupt and get in the way of valuable game time. One way to address this is to clear out the old DSO browser download by emptying the DSO Client Folder. You can find the folder in...

User > AppData > Local > Temp> DSOClient

or... Start > Run/Search > write "%temp%" and press "ok" or "enter"> DSOClient folder opens

It is also good if you use Windows Disk Cleanup. You can find the cleanup from your windows menu. Click 'Accessories,' then 'System Tools'. This will delete all temporary files from your system. Afterwards, reboot and try again.

You may also need to update your device drivers (audio, graphics, Java, Direc3D, etc.). To clear Java, visit this site: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Whether you are successful or not, please let us know what happened so we can refine our procedures. Thanks
Old 02.11.2012, 18:08   #3
eatsouls
Forum-Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dward View Post
Sorry to see you are having this problem. Sometimes files can become corrupt and get in the way of valuable game time. One way to address this is to clear out the old DSO browser download by emptying the DSO Client Folder. You can find the folder in...

User > AppData > Local > Temp> DSOClient

or... Start > Run/Search > write "%temp%" and press "ok" or "enter"> DSOClient folder opens

It is also good if you use Windows Disk Cleanup. You can find the cleanup from your windows menu. Click 'Accessories,' then 'System Tools'. This will delete all temporary files from your system. Afterwards, reboot and try again.

You may also need to update your device drivers (audio, graphics, Java, Direc3D, etc.). To clear Java, visit this site: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Whether you are successful or not, please let us know what happened so we can refine our procedures. Thanks
This only happens with the test server. The regular game works flawlessly. I have updated everything and cleared both Java and the folder. Nothing.
Old 02.11.2012, 19:27   #4
Dward
Forum Freak

This is the first report we have had with Test Server issues on many months.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem (test server only)? If so, please give us as much detail as you can, including what you've tried that either worked or did not.

Thank you.
Old 03.11.2012, 17:12   #5
eatsouls
Forum-Greenhorn

Thank you for looking into this. I really want to help out the team.
Old 04.11.2012, 00:09   #6
thisdude157
Banned!

Hi,
I had the same problem yesterday with the test server.

As far as detail, I can't remember exactly what I was doing. but it happened when leaving an area to go to the next.
What normally works for me is to do the command prompt, ipconfig/flushdns thing
Closed Thread