Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Drakensang Online > Drakensang - Archive > Archive 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03.06.2012, 17:24   #1
equakejr
Forum-Greenhorn

Default Ranked PvP

Hi there, I figure someone down the road has suggested this but I would like to bring it up. I believe that there should be a ranked PvP system for more reasons than one.

First off it would greatly increase the competitiveness of PvP game play, having your own personal team to gain ranks gives people something to work for. It allows people to make goals with themselves and there friends and makes for alot more fun PvP when you know your "reputation" is on the line. This also makes losing a match more self accountable which makes for a more competitive game for the more hardcore players.

Also it would increase the strategy and tactics of the game. People could make there own set teams that they play with where they could utilize the strengths and weaknesses of certain classes, and build "chemistry" with other players that they play better with making the DoS community closer, which is another thing I have noticed lacking in F2P games, people are almost never brought together to do anything and it makes people far less social and people far less interested to come back and play.

Also with that I have noticed this constant debate between people who want experience from PvP matches and those wildly opposed to it and wanting to twink, and I understand both sides for sure, so I have a solution, make ranked matches give no experience while public matches will. That way people can deck out there characters and twink at lets say level 19 and enjoy not getting taken down in 2 shots and being on fair playing ground, while still allowing non-hardcore PvM heavy players to enjoy a more light hearted PvP in public matches while still working towards there PvM goals.

With this I also think the game should become more PvP heavy, while I am a big fan of the questing, environment, and monsters that the game has so beautifully detailed, PvP is definitely a strong suit that could be taken far. And with that there should more available, more obtainable items (not as good as the harder to obtain, but middle ground) such as gems, potions, armors, etc. for those who want to be causal PvPers and still enjoy the benefits from it.

My ideas could definitely be tuned but I think that's the jist of it.

P.S. Off topic I would LOVEEEE to see larger scale PvP on more open world. So the combat doesn't feel so forced, to give it a more roaming feel and to fall into battles unpredictably, also there'd be more of that strategy thing I was talking about earlier.

Last edited by equakejr : 03.06.2012 at 17:27.
Old 03.06.2012, 21:25   #2
WhiteUnicorn
Junior Expert

Hello equakejr

I am not sure if you currently play on our dedicated PVP server Balor or not. Regardless, I just wanted to give you some feedback on your suggestions.

We have already implemented a Ranked PvP system. Everytime you battle another player you are awarded Badges of Honour, these count towards your Rank in the PvP section. You can find out how many you have by looking off towards the top right of your screen, however if you have "spent" any they will not be shown there. So you can hit "C" on your keyboard and go to the second tab on this section. You will see how much honour you have, what level you currently are, and how much honour you need to get to the next level.

You can spend your honour on new and exciting PvP Skills by hitting N on your keyboard if you have gained enough honour you can improve your character much like your enhanced skill sets on the talent tree.

Also you can get "dishonourable" Kills and Lose badges of honour if you kill someone who is more than 5 levels lower than you.

When you log into the game you can look at the PvP ranking's as well. This shows a long list of the players and there standings in the PvP rankings. This isn't just for the Balor server where the whole server is dedicated to PvP but also to those that chose the PvP mode on the other servers - If you feel like you would like a try at the more open world PvP as was mentioned in your PS you should try creating an account on the Balor server where it is open PvP.

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your suggestion and just explain that we already have this in place, and how you can go about looking at the rankings and your own standings.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 03.06.2012, 23:55   #3
equakejr
Forum-Greenhorn

Thank you for your reply, while I am very new to the game (and you just opened up a whole new aspect of the game to me ty) I still feel as though teams should be implemented and rated together, as well as a controlled large scale PvP environment that still brings players to fight, but I see a different aspect to the pvp in this game and i appreciate your reply.
Old 04.06.2012, 02:12   #4
WhiteUnicorn
Junior Expert

If you do go into the Arena and select the 3 v 3 (most popular ) or 5 v 5 option you do play as a team and your wins and losses are shared together. Although you do get most honour for performing best on your team, killing post people, dealing most damage, least amount of deaths, if your team wins, you get the most honour overall.

If you have a few friends that you want to go into the Arena with and be on the same team with, create a group with them before registering for the 3 v 3 , then when you get put into the arena you will be on the same team and can co ordinate tactics etc and will know who you are fighting with.

This isn't essential obviously as you will be put into a team when you go into the arena, but if you want to ensure the group you are in is top notch, you can create a group of friends or people you have come know etc.

Hope this helps a little in your quest to improve knowledge on the PvP side.

Feel free to keep posting any more questions.
Old 04.06.2012, 02:23   #5
equakejr
Forum-Greenhorn

na i think you about summed it up for me thx man, uve been a big help
Closed Thread