Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Drakensang Online > Drakensang - Archive > Archive 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 28.05.2012, 20:04   #31
thisdude157
Banned!

Hi Sidedrip,
I don't understand your question mate.
On this thread We are attempting to give advice on how to find certain items like Cyrstal of truth, Anderment, Gems and the like.
As far as leveling goes, you want to try to kill in areas that are your level or close. Best case is if you can solo higher level monsters.
Old 28.05.2012, 22:10   #32
Ludak021
Someday Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisdude157 View Post
Hey Ludak,
Thanks for that advice. That's why I do hagastove and catacombs is for speed.
One day maybe I can kill fast enough to do prison of souls for farming.
I just hit 34 btw I know my way is slow and probably not the most efficient way, But I am getting results and that's all I care about.
Hope this forum is helping some folks out there and good luck and happy hunting
Please keep the advice coming
hagastove on hard will give you pretty good XP if you are lcl 34 and can handle it (you should be able to). Lot's of mobs there. Later you will want to farm wilderz cave (normal) and exploit the deers and their wolves near the end of the cave. People say they get much CoT there but I get very few. I do get good loot on hard (when I was lvl 34/35 it was very good loot, quite a few purples and tagan's suit of armor (unique lvl 35 armor, 350 armor and 100 hp, 110 durability,needs 1008 CoT thou.)
Old 28.05.2012, 23:29   #33
thisdude157
Banned!

Hello
Yeah I agree hagastove does give good loot. Even on normal it does, if I was still that level I'd have all purple now
This suit you are talking about is dropped in wildherz cave you say? Is there a particular monster who drops it?
Old 29.05.2012, 06:56   #34
sidedrip
Forum-Noob

whats the way of leveling here??? just questing??? or u can level without getting quest just killing mobs...
Old 29.05.2012, 09:12   #35
gamunity
Board Veteran

imo the best way to farm is to head to the end of the wildherz cave where all the 'dog dudes' are and kill an endless stream of dogs (don't kill the dog dudes themselves; let them spawn dogs). I only did this with my DK long ago, and he didn't die although arrows rained down on him. I just hit the button for one of those 360ies once in a while and picked up the loot. I guess you could do the same with a ranger or SW if you hide behind a rock or something.

I stopped when i realised that doing that for hours just to be able to identify some legendary piece, was really quite a waste of time ;-)
Old 29.05.2012, 14:21   #36
Ludak021
Someday Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisdude157 View Post
Hello
Yeah I agree hagastove does give good loot. Even on normal it does, if I was still that level I'd have all purple now
This suit you are talking about is dropped in wildherz cave you say? Is there a particular monster who drops it?
I read somewhere that you get random uniques at random places (someone got tegan's suit of armor in prison of S. if I recall). I think I got it from the boss in north west, one with iron chest/gold chest (depending on difficulty). Come to think of it, it might have been on normal difficulty. I was lvl 35 when I got it.

"imo the best way to farm is to head to the end of the wildherz cave where all the 'dog dudes' are and kill an endless stream of dogs"

it's not really endless since your gear wears down. I don't know what exactly happens when durability reaches 0/xxx, but I barely managed to get to portal once with my gloves and shoes on 1/xx durability. This was on hard difficulty. On normal difficulty I wore my sword down to 3/xx :P

"I stopped when i realised that doing that for hours just to be able to identify some legendary piece, was really quite a waste of time ;-) "

And on top of that, I always end up with either more CoT (CoT+ander combined) when I run hag's on hard then on normal again while spending considerably less time and gaining at least one stack of blue essence.
Old 29.05.2012, 20:49   #37
thisdude157
Banned!

hello
Well I finally hit level 35 tonight. So I'm assuming it's time to upgrade to a higher area for farming. I'm thinking that now that I have the wolves I might go ahead and switch from master shortbow to master at longbow. And start going for eq my level or higher.
I'm thinking the best area for me now would be the prison of souls because it loops and repops I think abit faster. Also on hard mode, If it still exsists there, will give me the eq pops I'm looking for. Any suggestions, Advice for this?
Cheers
Old 29.05.2012, 21:05   #38
Dward
Forum Freak

Please note that most of the HARD dungeons are NOT being removed. Mainly, it is the ones that did not have a Hard version that will be affected by the Parallel World alteration. The following dungeons ONLY will be Parallel (note: this may change in the future):

Grimagestone
Hagastove
Wildherz
Dragonkeep
Crypt of Kings

Thus you will still be able to play, for example, Prison Of Souls on hard.
Old 29.05.2012, 21:13   #39
thisdude157
Banned!

Ok thank you Dward.
I will give it a shot later today. Got abit of paperwork to finish for the school.
Cheers
Old 30.05.2012, 14:21   #40
Ludak021
Someday Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dward View Post
Please note that most of the HARD dungeons are NOT being removed. Mainly, it is the ones that did not have a Hard version that will be affected by the Parallel World alteration. The following dungeons ONLY will be Parallel (note: this may change in the future):

Grimagestone
Hagastove
Wildherz
Dragonkeep
Crypt of Kings

Thus you will still be able to play, for example, Prison Of Souls on hard.
I am not sure I u nderstand this change, for example Hagastove will have 3 mods now? Or 2 mods as it used to have but hard mode will be harder or? Patch info is wrapped in some fancy-shmancy lore-like format so I can't figure out what this change really does. Sorry. :/