Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Drakensang Online > Drakensang - Archive > Archive 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 24.05.2012, 09:05   #1
thisdude157
Banned!

Default My guide to farming

Hello,
I read the boards quite often, and I've noticed some folks having the same frustrations I did when first starting out. That is the inspiration behind this guide.
Now, For starters, I'm not claiming in anyway that this is the best way to do it, It is my way, and it works very well for me.
I'm now a level 32 ranger on the agathon server. My main goal is not to get to level 40, but more to have what I need when I get there.If your main goal is 40, then this might not be for you.

(Also keep in mind there is no magic area for drops that I know of the key is killing fast, so find an area you can kill fast in)

Ok, what I look for when farming is speed. Meaning I want one to two shot kills on most things in the area. Basic math, the faster and more you kill the more chances of getting drops.
I start at the first dungeon, Clear it out and then walk to kingshill killing everything in my path. I then go into the catacombs and crypts on normal and clean that out.
When finished I run over to hagastove grove and clear that out. Now on the way back I take a sweep thru the pastures outside kingshill leaving death and destruction in my wake. (kill everything you cross)
By this time the crypts should have repopped and That's where you will find me for the next run. I don't bother to run back to the first dungeon, I just start there for a different flavor. The same ole area can get boring fast and that's why I prefer to move around,.

The things I pick up are, gems, blue essence, ander,cot, and copper. If I have the inventory space open I will collect necklaces and rings because they seem to give the most coin for sell.

I never buy the green essence. My indicator that it is time to go get experience is when I have at least 2 stacks of blue essences. Once they are gone, I go back to farming.

This is mainly based on alot of soloing in game. Learned to play this by adapting some of the other players ideas they have posted on the boards, and making it my own. There are alot of players out there alot more seasoned in this game than me and I'm sure they have their way they could help as well. Hopefully some of them will chime in and give more advice.
I hope this has been helpful to some,
Thank you
Gurgle Agathon
PS, if your on agathon and stuck, I don't mind helping with my little bit of knowledge that I have
Cheers

Last edited by thisdude157 : 24.05.2012 at 09:26.
Old 25.05.2012, 00:08   #2
DungeonReaper
Forum Pro

I have found that if I continue to run the dungeon that I am comfortable with over and over I get plenty of drops and experience. If you want to continue to gain experience as well as drops try to run through the highest level dungeon you can handle. At say lvl 28 to 33 you can run Eternal Watch and still get exp as well as the drops. Where you will not get exp from the Catacombs at Kingshill or Hagastove.

Hope this helps
Old 25.05.2012, 02:58   #3
deathmage27
Forum-Greenhorn

I have ran eternal watch a bunch of times and maybe sometimes i get one or two drops of ander and sometimes i get none i always get cot drops. The two best places i have been that drop the most ander and cot are catacombs/crypt and wilderz cave just farm there one run gave me almost 100 ander and over 100 cot but maybe it was just a lucky day. Also you seem to get more ander and cot drops if you solo so if your running dungeons in a group and are expecting ander and cot drops dont because they arent going to happen well maybe but rarely so do it solo.

And thisdude my goal is to make it to level 40 but thats just my first goal i have many others but right now its 40 and getting all the inventory space so this guide really helped me out thanks.
Level 34
Old 25.05.2012, 09:02   #4
thisdude157
Banned!

Hey guys thanks for Giving input.
I'm hoping this can turn into a thread where newer people who are struggling with getting anders and cots can get different ideas and options.
What I did was read the boards alot and took into account alot of different people's preferences and styles.
Mine, like I said isnt so much to get to 40. Doing my method here I have managed to buy 2 of the inventory expansions, a multitude of cots. I have over 1000 cots on hand right now in fact. Also I'm not lacking in any gear. My whole outfit is blue and purple which seems to be correct from most of what I've read on the boards about staying away from legendary til level 40. Oh, and I opened the spiderbow as well.
I did try running higher level dungeons, but I couldnt kill fast enough to really get the drops I wanted. So what I've done is seperate the 2 goals of mine, Loot VS EXP
Oh, and also what I do is if a lower level is needing help with quests and wants to follow me around I let them join, Warning them first of course they won't get experience, but they will get drops and completed quests
I took a smaller player thru the catacombs and crypt last night and he said his inventory was stock full of good loot by the end

Oh, and one other thing is. When I have gathered enough blue essence to run an experience run. I just go into catacombs and crypts on hard mode. I know the place like the back of my hand now.
Cheers.

Last edited by thisdude157 : 25.05.2012 at 09:06.
Old 25.05.2012, 16:37   #5
deathmage27
Forum-Greenhorn

Maybe u should make a guide on how to get good gear and craft it into better gear because i could really use that lol and im also workking on my 3rd inventory expansion
Level 34
Old 25.05.2012, 17:50   #6
thisdude157
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmage27 View Post
Maybe u should make a guide on how to get good gear and craft it into better gear because i could really use that lol and im also workking on my 3rd inventory expansion
I wish I could friend. Fact is I know nothing about crafting yet.
The gear that I have is all close enough to my current level.(33 now). I havent crafted anything yet.I've only collected drops that I've found when leveling in certain areas where it's worth while to pick up.
Loxley was a good place for leveling/gear for the bow and certain other drops at levels 30 to 32 I want to say. Crypts and catacombs is good as well for drops hard mode.
But as far as anders and cots I am not struggling at all. Do your quests as they come open and do abit of farming is all I can really recommend. Maybe some bigger folks with more experience can chime in with more detail on crafting and stuff. Sorry, Wish I could help with more
Old 25.05.2012, 18:01   #7
thisdude157
Banned!

One more thing Deathknight. I have a character on tegan server who is close to your level. He's not really my main anymore, but I still play him. I'm in Thailand and my hours on game vary from day to day.
But if you see Character name Armpit online that's me and give me a whisper we can do some stuff together.
Cheers again
Old 25.05.2012, 18:14   #8
MikeyMetro
Count Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisdude157 View Post
...There are alot of players out there alot more seasoned in this game than me and I'm sure they have their way they could help as well. Hopefully some of them will chime in and give more advice.
Fantastic post! You nailed it.

I have six chars, been playing since last december, do tons of farming but have never posted in a farming thread before because everyone wants to talk about the "best place"

There is no best place. They key is speed. Drops are random and the only way to beat random is to get as many drops as quickly as you can.

Luck be with ye,
Mikey,
Tegan
Old 25.05.2012, 20:24   #9
thisdude157
Banned!

Nothing from your guide or information found here is useful for me from very long time! But it is a good and helpful information for all new players and some with little or a bit more experience with the game. So, hopefully all of my efforts helped you out! Happy grinding! Thank you for the time and Good Luck!

Exactly why this is in the newbie help part of the boards.

And Thank you Barawar for giving your advice

Also Thank you to Mikey for your praise of this post. I was feeling abit silly for writing it. I'm not alone in my way of thinking

My way is not everybody's way. There needs to be more input like that you gave on the boards and thank you again

Last edited by thisdude157 : 25.05.2012 at 21:29.
Old 25.05.2012, 20:39   #10
thisdude157
Banned!

I would like to add one thing.
I just formed with a new person who had no clue what to do. I told him repeatedly to follow behind me while I led the way. He was very gung ho! and kept dieing.
When I run these areas that I mentioned before. I have a specific pattern, I do not mind helping at all, but please do follow my lead if you want my help.
Closed Thread