Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Drakensang Online > Drakensang - Archive > Archive 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23.02.2012, 05:49   #1
raistorange
Forum-Apprentice
 
Join Date: 23.08.2011
Posts: 54
Default The value of a Surprise Chest

Hello, everyone,

I've got one question about the surprise chest, which can be purchased from the merchant in this game.

Here's its description below--


It costs 40 andermant to buy a surprise chest, and this chest may contain items such as Amulet of Enlightenment, potions, buffs, cots, ESSENCES, so on and so forth.

Today I opened 3 surprise chests, which were supposed to be a compensation for players on Heredur server, and 2 out of 3 turned out to be "300 ammo of Mighty essence"; as for its value, since it costs like 40 silver coins (4000 copper) to buy 999 ammo of this essence, 300 ammo of those should be like 13 silver coins. However, it costs you 40 ander to buy such a chest! I wonder if it makes sense to other players, but it surely doesn't make sense to me.

I suppose the content inside a surprise chest would be more or equally valuable as the chest itself. The third item I got from it was 10 cots, and this makes sense to me, for 10 cots is worth 45 ander.

Unless, I got green essence from surprise chest only because it's a compensation given by the game company? If so, will I get better item from a surprise chest if I "actually pay ander" for it? Perhaps anyone who ever bought the chest may want to share your experience?

Thanks for any reply.
raistorange is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 11:41   #2
Tekai
Someday Author
 
Tekai's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24.01.2012
Posts: 91
Default

Surprise chests
23 feb. 2012
  • Surprise chests openedAl 78 A100%
  • EssencesAAAAAAAAAAAA25 AA32% (22x green with 56 average , 3x blue with 77 average)
  • Crystals of TruthAAAAAAA17 AA22% (14x 10 and 3x 100)
  • MiscellaneousAAAAAAAlA 11 AA14%
    (2x armor protection, 3x spirit stone, 1x blessing of speed, 1x fruit of insight, 1x blessing of might, 3x fireworks)
  • MoneyAAAAAAAAAAAAAA10 AlA13% (on average 16 silver)
  • PotionsAAAAAAAAAAAAA 10 AlA13% (8x healing, 2x rage)
  • GemsAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 AAlA0% (expected, not found)
  • Armor & WeaponsAAAAllA 0 AlAA0%
  • KeysAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlA0 AlAA0%
  • AndermantsAAAAAAAAAaA0 AAlA0% (not found during the test, does happen)
  • ===========AAAAlAA73 AllA94% (6% empty)
I used level 1 DK to get this, the quantity of essences found depends on the level of the player, the quality and level range of potions and essences also depends on the level of the player.

The higher level you are, the more you get out of those chests.

Now, if you want to give an average value to those chests :

Probability to get item * average quantity looted * price per unit = average value

Green essences : (22/78)*56*(500/999) = 7.9 copper
Money : 0.13*1600 = 2.1 silver
Blue essences : (3/78)*77*(300/999) = 0.9 and
Crystals of truth : 440/17 = 26 cot average => 0.22*26*(45/10) = 25.7 and
Potions : (8/78)*1*20+(2/78)*1*80 = 4.1 and
Misc. : (400*2+3*40+400+600+400+3*0)/11 = 211 and average => 0.14*1*211 = 29.6 and

Total = 2.18 silver, 60.3 andermant

Assuming my 78 samples gave me a somewhat close-to-reality result, surprise chests on average give you more andermant than they are worth, still, sometimes they give you nothing.

Side note : If you could resell andermant items for 66.67% of their value or more, surprise chests would become a viable way to make some andermants.
__________________

Last edited by Tekai : 23.02.2012 at 16:18.
Tekai is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 14:40   #3
raistorange2
Forum-Noob
 
Join Date: 16.02.2012
Posts: 2
Default

First of all, I wanna thank Tekai for gathering these magnificent stats and putting so much effort in it.

However, I figure that there might be some kind of misunderstanding about the surprise chest that I'm talking about.

According to the information that you've collected as below:
  • =========== 73 94% (6% empty)
and one of your sentence as following:

"surprise chests on average give you more andermant than they are worth, still, sometimes they give you nothing."

I assume that you mix the "shabby treasure chest", which can be found in a dungeon, and the surprise chest, which can be bought from a merchant, together.

If there's any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

Still thanks again for your enthusiastic reply.
raistorange2 is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 16:09   #4
Tekai
Someday Author
 
Tekai's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24.01.2012
Posts: 91
Default

There is no misunderstanding, I've had surprise chests that contained absolutely nothing.

There are a many, many ways to look at it :

1. This is intended, a surprise is a surprise even if it means nothing added
2. This is a bug, it should have dropped an item/thing but such item doesn't exist at my current level
3. This is intended, It should have dropped an item/thing but such item doesn't exist at my current level
4. The loot table of the surprise chest is not yet complete
5. These chests contained something I couldn't see (direct few coppers to my pocket? honor?)
6. These chests contained items not yet implemented
7. These chests contained items for other classes
8. These chests contained items that no longer exist
9. Some items were removed from these chests and the probabilities not adjusted
...

I would say it's probably 1 or perhaps 3 or 4. Maybe some mod knows.
__________________

Last edited by Tekai : 23.02.2012 at 16:21.
Tekai is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 17:40   #5
Duova
Forum-Greenhorn
 
Join Date: 06.02.2012
Posts: 21
Default

I believe that a lot of the items that come out of chests are dependent on the level of the person who opens them...so it's important to note that the cost of a chest is flat across all levels while the value of items you get increases substantially. Thus the loot data posted from a level 1 DK is is the WORST possible returns based on andermant put in. It'd be interesting to compare with loot from a level 40 account. I'll try it out later if I have some free time and will post my results.
Duova is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 18:20   #6
raistorange
Forum-Apprentice
 
Join Date: 23.08.2011
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekai View Post
There is no misunderstanding, I've had surprise chests that contained absolutely nothing.

There are a many, many ways to look at it :

1. This is intended, a surprise is a surprise even if it means nothing added
2. This is a bug, it should have dropped an item/thing but such item doesn't exist at my current level
3. This is intended, It should have dropped an item/thing but such item doesn't exist at my current level
4. The loot table of the surprise chest is not yet complete
5. These chests contained something I couldn't see (direct few coppers to my pocket? honor?)
6. These chests contained items not yet implemented
7. These chests contained items for other classes
8. These chests contained items that no longer exist
9. Some items were removed from these chests and the probabilities not adjusted
...

I would say it's probably 1 or perhaps 3 or 4. Maybe some mod knows.

Again, thanks for your patience and reply. I was really shocked when I read the paragraph about getting nothing from a surprise chest lol.

Option 1 looks pretty much convincing in that sense lol.
raistorange is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 18:29   #7
-Evilshot-
Forum-Greenhorn
 
Join Date: 07.02.2012
Posts: 26
Default

To answer some of the questions about the Surprise chest more clearly, I would like to add that.

1. You should always receieve something from the surprise chest.
2. As far as I have noticed and been aware, the items from the chest DO scale with your level as you play. As to them getting "Better" in such quantity it is completely random to my knowledge.

Hope this has helped a little

-Evilshot-
-Evilshot- is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 18:29   #8
raistorange
Forum-Apprentice
 
Join Date: 23.08.2011
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duova View Post
I believe that a lot of the items that come out of chests are dependent on the level of the person who opens them...so it's important to note that the cost of a chest is flat across all levels while the value of items you get increases substantially. Thus the loot data posted from a level 1 DK is is the WORST possible returns based on andermant put in. It'd be interesting to compare with loot from a level 40 account. I'll try it out later if I have some free time and will post my results.
For the record, my character is a LV33 DK. But still, even if I were a LV40 DK, getting 300 ammo of Potent essence would still be too....frustrating.

When I realized that there might be chances to get some essence from a surprise chest, I was thinking about some blue ones, but it turned out to be....you know....

And I'd appreciate if you are willing to collect some data from a LV40 character; I believe it would benefit all of us players. Really looking forward to your experimental result.
raistorange is offline  
Old 23.02.2012, 18:33   #9
-Evilshot-
Forum-Greenhorn
 
Join Date: 07.02.2012
Posts: 26
Default

I have gotten multiple +200's and around 500+ Each time I receive them. As I said, it is all random

-Evilshot-
-Evilshot- is offline  
Old 26.02.2012, 16:03   #10
raistorange
Forum-Apprentice
 
Join Date: 23.08.2011
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evilshot- View Post
I have gotten multiple +200's and around 500+ Each time I receive them. As I said, it is all random

-Evilshot-
Well, I understand that they are all random. It's just that I expect them to be more "valuable".

Still thanks for your reply.
raistorange is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.