Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Drakensang Online > Drakensang - Archive > Archive 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 27.01.2012, 22:46   #1
georgelitle
Forum-Noob

Default Dragon knight skills make no sense

Ok then, what I have basicaly noticed so far with the DK and his skills is that thay make no sense at some point.
first the DK has a base dmage whitch he is soposed to deal at a target with his simple, basic attack, that is the angry strike. But the angry strike causes 75% of that damage and builds up rage in order to execute other skills that inflict more damage.
And here comes the part that makes no sense. This skills do not actually inflict more damage <exept one>. They just compensate for the 25% les damage that is caused by the angry strike.
For example in order to execute the mighty swing skill once which causes 175% of base damage, you have to hit a target 3 times with angry strike which causes 75% of base damage. so the extra 75% damage that the mighty swing causes, just makes up for the minus -75% of the damage that you missed by executing 3 angry strikes.
The mighty wild swing goes even further because it doesn't even compensate for the damage that you lose in order to execute it. it causes 200% damage but you have already inflicted more than 225% less damage to the target in order to execute that skill. which makes this skill totally useless.
EDIT wild swing is even worse because while it causes just 105% of basic damage in total it eats up rage point as well. and as for the slowing the opponent down it doesn't really mater because the DK can not hit a target that is on the move. whether the DK is faster than the target or the target slower than the DK.
And that brings us to the only skill that is decent but yet unefective against PVP or in battle arena. Scream of rage while it takes long to build up rage to execute it it rewards with the result. But only against npc, in battle arena or in PVP only a stupid player would seat around to get hit continuously by mighty swing. The moment that they see you execute that move they have already teleported or jumped over a lake or something.
while the paralyzing onslaught is a decent skill half of the times it ether takes you back at your starting point or in the other side of the screen. and by the time you reach the target he is already on the move.
so the DK 90% of the times goes around inflicting at best his basic damage points by use of skills. there is no extra
to close the subject i have to point out that the DK is a character that chases down the enemy most of the time. so it would make sense for them to be able to hit the targets that are on the run.
I hope this will make some people to rethink the skills of this character.
I

Last edited by -=DeadSoul=- : 27.01.2012 at 23:18. Reason: foul language/fixed spelling to make easier to read
Old 27.01.2012, 23:19   #2
-=DeadSoul=-
Forum Commissioner

Interesting topic ... however keep it clean please there are young ones that use this board as well

thanks

-=DS=-
Old 28.01.2012, 00:57   #3
georgelitle
Forum-Noob

While i do agree in keping it clean i must say that i used the coresponding name for that skill. this is how it is named in the game . Just to make it clear.
Old 28.01.2012, 02:26   #4
googlesam
Forum-Greenhorn

i stongly agree with you
to be a decent dk in PVP you basicly HAVE TO buy adamant and get the best essence you can buy to do 300% more dmg, which will make you hit around the same as a decent mage

dmg wise the class is total waste of time, but when it comes to tanking its the best
dks have the most hp and def in the game and its easy to solo things
and i think it is rather the point of dks BEING the tanks in pvp while spellwavers and hunter just facerape the opposing team
Old 28.01.2012, 02:47   #5
georgelitle
Forum-Noob

Yes but the skills of the DK do not really improve neither his atack nor defence. they just compensate for the 25% handicap of the characters basick atack. making it in the end a character with no handicap but with no skills either. in that case maby they should give him a defensive skill.
Old 28.01.2012, 10:30   #6
=VaL=
Advanced

Thank you for well presented feedback.
As you probably read in Patch notes R039, the skills are in the works, and team is working on expanding them.

Others are welcome to join in this discussion with their thoughts on the matter.

=VaL=
Old 28.01.2012, 11:03   #7
Tekai
Someday Author

Enemies only in front (180°) :

MS deals 150% for 20r = 7.50% dmg for 1 rage
BWS deals 75% + 50% over time for 30r = 4.17% dmg for 1 rage
MWS deals 200% for 60r = 3.33% dmg for 1 rage

Enemies all around (360°):

MS deals (150%)/2 for 20r = 3.75% dmg for 1 rage
BWS deals 75% + 50% over time for 30r = 4.17% dmg for 1 rage
MWS deals 200% for 60r = 3.33% dmg for 1 rage

To get the more dmg possible, you use the highest dmg abilities worth the smallest amount of rage.

While MWS is a high-dmg ability, it isn't really worth using in terms of damage. Now you should also consider that to get to their maximum potential you should be surrounded and in most situations this is bad and you'll die soon so you'll probably consider fleeing (PR or 3x MS to kill some and move out) which only lowers their value even more.

I think BWS is fine as a utility ability, but it's missing something like being able to slow the melee attacks of big-bosses and its slow can seem quite short which in the end make it no-so-desirable to use.

Last edited by Tekai : 28.01.2012 at 20:25.
Old 28.01.2012, 12:03   #8
dem201
Forum-Greenhorn

I belive it's just temporary solution for the skill system since they are already working under new skill system. I would really like to see some Fire skills on dragon knight since it would suite for him. Something like exploding slash maybe

Old system was a bit more clear about the damage and calculations will see what will we have at the begining of the march.

About the mighty swing i agree upon that this skill itself do a bit low damage for the speed and cost. But still you need to notice that angry strike is doing 75% of base damage while both SW's and Ranger basic attacks do 50%. Offcourse it's all more twisted but even so it's just angry strike which is pretty much cost-efficient against single target.

Last edited by dem201 : 28.01.2012 at 12:08.
Old 28.01.2012, 15:06   #9
Tekai
Someday Author

My point was that MWS was lacking when compared to other abilities, I'm a bit lost about what the OP is trying to say though, I guess most of it was from a pvp standpoint. You use AS to build some rage and then consume rage to deal even more damage.

Quote:
This skills do not actually inflict more damage <exept one>
What you seem to be ignoring is the fact that AS only hits one target and all other abilites can hit multiples. Otherwise I don't think you calculate correctly, using any ability but PO after you have built your rage overcomes the dmg "lost" using AS.

AS + AS + MS = 300% dmg if you only hit one target

You "lost" 50% dmg using AS and "won" 150% dmg using MS, using it was worth +100%. You "win" 150% for each additional target hit with that MS.

AS*6 + MWS = 650% dmg

You "lost" 150% dmg using AS and "won" 200% dmg using MWS, using it was worth +50%. You "win" 200% for each additional target hit with that MWS.

AS*3 + BWS = 330% dmg (pvp, you mentioned 105%)

You "lost" 75% dmg using AS and "won" 105% dmg using BWS, using it was worth +30%. You "win" 105% for each additional target hit with that BWS.

Quote:
to execute the mighty swing skill once which causes 175% of base damage, you have to hit a target 3 times with angry strike
MS requires 20 rage and deals 150% dmg. That's 2 AS.

Last edited by Tekai : 28.01.2012 at 15:29.
Old 28.01.2012, 19:08   #10
georgelitle
Forum-Noob

[quote=MS requires 20 rage and deals 150% dmg. That's 2 AS.[/quote]
you are right i calculated +75% dmg in comparison with basick attack isted of AS dmg
but that makes the damage output even weker.
but my main point was to show that the other characters have abilities that compliment and enhace their role in the game.
the main reason that the DK can take on multiple targets is because of the high drop rate of healing orbs that keps geting him healed all the time. and not because he can deal or recive great damage.
and you can se this diference in batle arenas or pvp. he might have more HP and armor but still gets killed by a SW in a single hit. ofcourse not always but still prety often. his skills have yet to determine what type of character he is. if he is a defensive char he has no def skills, if he is a attacing char his skills are lacking in output.
Closed Thread