Dear forum reader!
If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
|FAQ||Members List||Mark Forums Read|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: 04.12.2010
How to play Drakensang Online on Linux!
I write a little guide, how to play Drakensang Online to Ubuntu Linux. (I use the latest build, 11.10)
1. install the latest wine in software center. (1.3)
2. install PlayOnLinux (best wine frontend)
3. download the Drakensang Online thin client.
4. Open the playonlinux, and click to "install" button.
5. click to "install a non-listed program"
6. click to "Install program in a new virtual drive"
7. Add a name like "Drakensang Online"
8. click next
9. open the downloaded installer.
10. Install the thin client. (if write a error message, simply click the "OK" button)
11. If install is finished, add a shortcut icon (thinclient.exe) the name is "Drakensang Online"
12. click "I don't want to make another shortcut"
13. In PlayOnLinux window, click once the "Drakensang Online" icon.
14. Click "Settings"
15. Click the "Install packages" tab.
16. search and install the "tahoma" package.
17. Close the window.
When You play this game, simply click the PlayOnLinux icon, and start the "Drakensang Online"
Known problem: the cursor flashing, if you move and not push the mouse botton. I don't find any other errors.
The game runs the same way as Windows. (same configuration)
I hope help a little!