Heroes of Duria,
We are pleased to announce that release 040 will introduce the “Loxley Caverns,” which includes three new areas in the Shorfolk region, a new type of monster, a new mini boss, three new NPCs and 11 new quests for levels 30-38. In addition to these features, release 040 includes improvements in the PvP area and several bug fixes.
Foxariffic Burrow of Investigation
- All has been still of late for Arachnas’ band of thieves, who had been terrorizing travelers through Troll Canyon. Yet in the dark corners of the cursed caverns, there is treachery afoot as a new evil is rumored to lurk and spin silken webs in the cover of darkness. Can the suspicious merchant in the Resistance Command Center unravel the cryptic secret?
- Accept the “Archnas Thieves” quests from lady ranger Brana Kallos in the Resistance Command Center (Level 30-37).
- There is plenty of excitement in the Resistance Command Center. An enemy spy has been captured! And not just any spy, but a sly and cunning monster like never seen before. Now it’s of the utmost importance to locate the base of the furry snooper and counter their clandestine plans. Perhaps a discussion with the prisoner could shed some light on what they are up to…
- Accept the “Foul Mission” quests from Ruthina Flint in the Resistance Command Center (Level 32-38).
- The inhabitants of Shorfolk have been telling tales of fright and horror about the old mill on the island of Stonekeep near the old cemetery. But lately the Miller has been rumored to have gone completely mad – and no one dares set foot on the island. However, the shortage of provisions has forced the Prince to exercise every option available to provide for his subjects.
- Accept the “Other Flour” quests from Prince Aldred in the Resistance Command Center (Level 31-38).
- New PvP arena for one-on-one competition
Selected Bug Fixes:
- In PvP mode, you can now register for more than one battlefield at a time. If you engage in battle, all the other battles you have registered for will be nullified as soon as you accept an invitation to fight.
- An exploit with King Heredur has been removed.
- The distribution of items that the boss Sigrismarr drops has been corrected.
- The inventory preview of dyeing two-handed weapons has been revamped.
- The animation when adding a new quest item to the inventory now only plays once.
- After joining a guild or a group, you have immediate access to the group or guild chat and do not have to first change areas.
- The degree of difficulty in dungeons will be determined for the entire group by the first player that enters the dungeon. The bug that prevented the degree of difficulty from being changed after the first player had entered has been fixed.
- Essences that are above your level can no longer be equipped in the essence slot in the quick slot bar.
- Equipment from newly registered retail boxes can no longer exceed the level of the legendary items. However, all equipment that was erroneously improved will retain its current values.
- Several crash errors have been fixed.
- You may miss the information about the starting PvP Arena Battle. This issues will be fixed within the next patch releases.
- Rejoining the queue for an arena battle is not working correctly at the moment.
- The armor tooltip sometimes displays the wrong text, showing wrong level requirements / crystal of truth amount after buying
- You can look forward to significant changes starting in March. Bit by bit, we will be increasing the amount of skills available, with a set target amount of 12 skills per character type, and by May the skill system will be expanded via the talent tree.
- Sometime in summer, we will be implementing the next large-scale land expansion pack and a new character type. But have no fear, in the time leading up to that we have all sorts of new features planned and mid-scale content updates in the works.
- Quest line "The Feathered Foe" has been delayed to R041 or R042
May the Gods be with you on your quests in Duria,
Your Drakensang Online Team