PDA

View Full Version : Mark

Kahath1
22.02.2012, 16:02
Rangers Hunting arrow and Hunting traps mark enemies for 8s (4s pvp) and all rangers abilities does double damage on marked target, but mark doesn't get refreshed each time you hit again Hunting arrow or Hunting traps. IMO if you hit hunting arrow on marked enemy the mark debuff should be refreshed to its full duration (8s pve 4s pvp).

Dward
22.02.2012, 18:26
Kahath1 -

Welcome to the DSO boards.

You raise an interesting point, one that I have noticed, but ignored. Thank you.

xvynka
22.02.2012, 22:02
I would like this but only on PvE, because I think it would be a little unfair on PvP.

Kahath1
22.02.2012, 22:09
Unfair? It's annoying waiting for debuff to end to apply new. What's the point of those spells then? Especially in PvP where it's even harder to hit and pvp debuff lasts less.

ajsi999
23.02.2012, 17:36
I posted the same thing about refreshing the hunting arrow but got none attention, would be awsome that the refresh rate works, u did cast an magic on a enemy player or creture so refresh it, the same thing should work for mages when casting fireball and the frost ball to eaven out every thing.

daytora
23.02.2012, 18:35
i agree and disaggree on this, being a 37 ranger.

the refresh would be a bit op in pvp, as it would be an easy way to keep a traget on perma slow lockdown, allowing you to pretty much never miss nets and easily be able to take them down with precision shots.

on the other hand, hunting arrows main feature is the mark for the slow.in general hunting arrow is weak, your mellee swing does more base damageand more damage to marked targets.our precision shot deals more damage to a marked target and also pireces through them..hunting arrow does not deal extra damage to a marked target.

something needs to be reworked with hunting arrow.its weak damage makes us depend on precision shot too much, which in tern also needs a traget to be marked to really deal damage.its like a catch 22.

the base damage for hunting arrow needs to be slightly increased..or it needs to deal slightly more damage to a premarked target(your other attacks deal more damage on a marked target, hunting arrow does not)

as far as traps i only have one real complaint.its frustrating when you have a big group of mobs,u toss your trap down andd it goes off on them, and that one guy hiding in there or who jumps infront unmarked screws up you presicion shot pierce.spellweavers on the other hand have their one lighning attack that just chains through everything not needing any sort of mark or debuff on the target.

ranger so far i feel is very strong in many aspects, but these 2 isssues to me are its biggest weaknesses.

Ansariy
23.02.2012, 18:48
I agree with daytora in regard to keeping the mark from refreshing it is not needed. What I feel is needed is to remove the concentration from the marking arrow to allow for proper regeneration of concentration for precision use. On top of that, all creatures and players hit by net should be marked and ready for precision arrow. Both issues have been discussed before but have not been implemented for whatever reason.

I can also understand that changes to classes are made discretely and with much consideration. If the devs happen to overpower a character without proper testing, it would be detrimental for the other classes and even more detrimental for that class if the change has to be reversed. .

daytora
23.02.2012, 19:05
I agree with daytora in regard to keeping the mark from refreshing it is not needed. What I feel is needed is to remove the concentration from the marking arrow to allow for proper regeneration of concentration for precision use. On top of that, all creatures and players hit by net should be marked and ready for precision arrow. Both issues have been discussed before but have not been implemented for whatever reason.

I can also understand that changes to classes are made discretely and with much consideration. If the devs happen to overpower a character without proper testing, it would be detrimental for the other classes and even more detrimental for that class if the change has to be reversed. .

if your using a shortbow this could be your issue with concentration.
shortbows are great once you learn how to master your concentration control.theyre great for kiting, quick marking in pve and pvp.its cast animation is short due to its fast firetime,allowing you to move faster after a shot and avoid incoming damage.the #1 issue however is its quick firerate using concetration fast.you cant just stand there firing off hunting arrows one after another and expect to do well if you need conc for jumps/nets, exc.it took me a bit of time to master the shortbow.longbow is grat for big dps burst.its slower firerate allows you to keep a decent conc pool going all the time.its downside is its speed.slow fire speed makes it ahrder to keep targets marked in pvp or to hit them in general if theyre a good runner/kiter.its longer animation time makes it ahrder to dage attacks after you fire.

and another thing.are you using a shield or quiver?.shield is great for defense.its major drawback is lack of crit.you lose around 24% crit when running a shield vs a quiver.when using a shield and shortbow combo in pve, your going to have some conc issues.your lack of crit will require you to fire more shots for the kill, and more shots means more conc drain.due to the low base damage of the shortbow, this is where your conc. is going.shortbow/shield is good for pvp, but i find it not so good pve.

i would suggest if your using a shortbow then try a longbow and you shouldnt have any issues with concentration.if you still ahve a conc. issues using a long, u just need to practice pacing and sing your skills properly.i honestly never had any issues with conc. till i switched to short, which took some time to adjsut to but once i did i fell in love.

now jsut to stay on topic regarding the refresh on the slow. im pretty good with my shortbow now, and if they did make it refresh in pvp it would jsut ake it too easy for the ranger to keep people on lockdown.youd see full groups of rangers all using shortbows and everyone would constantly be slowed/netted/prec.shotted/boom dead.

xvynka
24.02.2012, 01:28
Unfair? It's annoying waiting for debuff to end to apply new. What's the point of those spells then? Especially in PvP where it's even harder to hit and pvp debuff lasts less.

Yes, like someone said in another thread about this. Would you like to be iced or flamed forever? Or stunned over and over again? The other players need a chance to make their moves too. If you keep doing that for example to a DK, the poor guy will never reach you.

daytora
24.02.2012, 11:57
Yes, like someone said in another thread about this. Would you like to be iced or flamed forever? Or stunned over and over again? The other players need a chance to make their moves too. If you keep doing that for example to a DK, the poor guy will never reach you.

mentioning the dks i think they ahve a hard enough time in arena vs a ranged class let alone if they were constantly slowed by a hunters arrow always refreshing.

Kahath1
24.02.2012, 21:19
Then it would be best to remove slow and refresh mark every hit. And about fireball and frostball it's ok to be refreshed especially fireball. I don't get point of shooting fireball then if it doesn't refresh additional flame as spell info says. But not refreshing it may be game breaking :S. Hit the arrow put traps he comes on trap with mark already... profit. You can't be hit that easy in pvp even with slow. Every class has some sort of escape ability. Just my opinions.

daytora
04.03.2012, 07:42
the only thing i see as an issue is net.net does not add lights/mark. it definately should imo but it doesnt.this would solve a lot of the hunting arrow slow refresh/trap refreshing issues imo.

update

my idea of adding lights to net is even more now with bird.bird makes net feel really weak now.

bird of prey
no concentraiton cost, stuns target, marks target, does 100% weapd amage to target, single target cc

net
20 COCNENTRATION.stuns target, NO MARKS,20% WEAP DAMAGE, multitarget.

net just feels weak compared to bird cause it does not add marks, the only bonus is its multicc use.

factor in the new skill :adenaline" using this for the run speed burst and conc regen i find my self not even using net most of the time anymore.i can sue the speed to kite/run away or the extra conc to burn targets down.

all of this makes net feel very weak.