After biological warfare and nuclear catastrophes, the Earth's surface is no longer inhabitable and the survivors were forced to build a new domicile for themselves beneath the surface of the ocean. Only a few individuals still live on land in the arctic regions of the North Pole, residing in reinforced domes which protect them against the toxic atmosphere. The ice caps, however, continue to melt rapidly and the polar inhabitants are compelled to seek refuge at the bottom of the ocean as well.
Welcome to Deepolis! Let the underwater battle begin: log on and dive into your adventure at the bottom of the sea. Enter your information in the registration form provided in the browser window.
Please note that it doesn't matter if you use lower case or upper case letters for your username, and that special characters such as commas and hyphens are not allowed. Please enter your e-mail address and read our Terms & Conditions, which you can open with a simple click of the mouse. These Terms & Conditions must be accepted in order to play the game.
The login page
If you've already registered at Deepolis, you can enter your username and password directly and then click on "Login" to start the game.
After you have registered, you'll have to select a Deepolis fraction that you'd like to join. In the first 5 levels, you can change fractions freely without having to pay anything. Starting with Level
6, however, you'll have to pay a small fee in Helix
to change fractions, and a small percentage of Honor Points
will also be deducted from your in-game account. The longer you stay in a fraction, the less the cost of Helix
will be for changing fractions and the higher the deduction percentage of Honor Points
will be. After 30 days it won't cost you anything in Helix
to change fractions.
The Nauts are the neutral fraction, who have the great advantage that they can navigate their Subs
close to the other two fractions without fear of having tor****es launched at them. Their Subs
are the most balanced ones, if compared with the other 2 fractions. They use their neutral position to their advantage to Trade
on a regular basis with the other fractions. Scions
The fraction of the Scions is a group of scientists who live close to the surface of the water and have perfected their defensive systems. Their main advantage is that their subs have more room on board for Armor Plating
as compared to the other two fractions. They can only navigate their subs close to the stations of the Nauts; the Jafnhar, however, shoot first and ask questions later. Jafnhar
The Jafnhar are a tightly organized, militaristic group. Their big strength is that they have more storage space on board for their Sonic Cannons
as compared to the subs of the other fractions. The Jafnhar have built themselves a home in the deepest reaches of the ocean. The Jafnhar normally avoid Scion stations since the Scions shoot at them without warning. For this reason, they can only trade
with their own stations or with the Nauts.
You're now on the homepage. At Deepolis, there are two very important windows: One of them will open when you click on the "Start" button, and will show the Game Map
. The other window is the main homepage for the game which is important for upgrades, information and buying equipment items.
Above the navigation bar, you can view information about your account in the status bar: Your User ID, Ranking
, current Level
and Jackpot points can be seen here so that you're kept up to date about your status. Other than that, you'll also see how many users are logged in to the game at the same time as you.
The navigation bar at the top of the homepage shows you a number of different buttons: As soon as you move your mouse over top of one of them, you'll see a drop-down menu for that area. With the help of this navigation bar, you can enter all other sub-pages of the game and begin your journey through the unexplored depths of the ocean.
On this page, you'll see your account and sub information in a clear and convenient overview.
Take a look if another user or your Clan
has written to you, or send a message to other players or your Clan
This is where you can edit your account information such as username, password and e-mail address.
You can get help here.
You can change your fraction
This is the spot where you can create your own avatar.
Take a look if another user or your Clan
has written to you, or send a message to other players or your Clan
Are you the best Sub
commander of all time? Find out in the rank list. Here are the existing rank lists:
- Experience Points: Here you can see who has collected the most EP.
- Bounty Hunter: Here you'll see who has blown the most Subs out of the water and which players had their sub set to "Bounty" mode. The top 10 will receive a special Rank Designation which will be shown in the ranking as well as on the Game Map next to their username
- Honor Points: Here you'll see the players with the most Honor Points.
- Level: Here you'll see who has reached the highest Level.
- Distance: This shows the users who have traveled the longest distance in the game.
- NPC kills: Here you'll see the users who have destroyed the most NPCs.
- Player kills: This rank shows you the users who have shot down the most players.
- Gross Registered Tons: Here you'll be shown the players who sunk the most Gross Registered Tons.
- Resources: The players who have collected the largest amount of flotsam will be shown here.
- Account: Here you have an overview of the items wich you have bought or sold.
- Events: Here you'll find an overview of the latest underwater events.
Found your own Clan or join an existing one – united you are strong and a Clan will provide you with protection and offensive power.
Use the search function here to find the right Clan for you!
Just enter a Clan tag or an "*" in the search field in order to get a list of potential Clans. Once you have found the right Clan, you can send them an application to join!
With a little bit of luck, you'll be accepted into your desired Clan!
WARNING: The clan application will cost you 10,000 Cel!
Found a clan
You have the chance here to found your own Clan to conquer the oceans of the world!
To do this, just fill out all the fields in the form and confirm your information by clicking on the button "Found Clan"! You can change the information you entered at any time.
That's how easy it is. You're now the owner of your own Clan, and together with your friends you can stir up the waters at Deepolis!
WARNING: Founding a Clan costs 500,000 Cel!
If you're the member of a Clan, you can be assigned different rights from Clan owners!
With this option you can manage the members or ensure that there is always enough money in your Clan treasury!
As Clan founder
, you have the ability to manage your Clan. This means that you can accept or reject applications, send messages to Clan members, answer Clan messages, oversee the treasury, upload a Clan logo, etc.
You can equip your Sub
with several extras too. Super-effective weapon systems and extremely powerful Sub Turbines
can all be bought from the Merchant
. The Merchant
also has highly sophisticated Subs
and heavy-duty battle cruisers up for sale. The Currency
used at the merchant is Cel
and the valuable Helix
You can purchase the following from the merchant:
Under the option "Show all" you can jump to a view of all the items you'd like to buy.
Using the + and - buttons, you can adjust the number of items you'd like to buy or just simply enter the number desired using your keyboard.
Note: When you buy something other than Sonic Ammunition
, Naval Mines
, Depth Charges
, the items will land in your storehouse first, which can be accessed through the option "Equipment". You can equip your Sub
for deep-sea battle here.
On the left-hand side, you'll see the sub you currently own. Here you can read all the data and values about your sub as well as repair or sell your Sub
. At Deepolis, you can own up to 5 Subs
and choose between these Subs
using the "Next/Back" buttons.
On the right-hand side, you'll see the current status of your Sub
. The 5 bars show you how much more equipment your sub can take on board.
- Equipment: All equipment items which you have bought can be seen under equipment status. To bring items on board your Sub, you have to click on the button "Equip" and your crew with be equipped to the teeth within the amount of time specified.
- In the storehouse: If you don't need an item anymore, just click on "In the storehouse" to store it there.
- Sell: If you'd like to sell an item, you'll have to put it in the storehouse first and then click on the button "Sell".
The Marina is an alternative source for your elite equipment. This is where auctions take place in which high-quality items are sold. Current bids for the items being offered can be found on the left-hand side. You can bid on these items and pay for them with Cel
. Or you can buy them immediately with Helix
using the "Buy now" option – then you can use the items right away.
Important: As soon as you make a bid, your offer will be deducted from your in-game account immediately - it doesn't matter if you've won the item in the auction or not!
In the Bank you can order Helix
, a Premium membership, Starter Kits, Advantage Packs and/or Savings Packs.
Further information can be found under Payment
From here you can go to the forum where you'll find a bunch of helpful information.
This is where you have to click to log out of the game.
Important for starting the game is this button at the bottom of your screen:
Start – with one click on this button you can start your deep-sea adventure at Deepolis.
Now that you've opened the game window with the start button and are submersed in the underwater world of Deepolis, what's next?
is located in the center of the current map. You can navigate your sub around by clicking your mouse on the map. On the top of your Game Map, you'll see your current coordinates (L= Longitude; LL= Latitude; D= Depth). Under water lurk all different kinds of items, enemies and other players. The reaches of the ocean are gigantic!
Different than in other games, there is only one map
On the bottom right, your EP
will be shown
Left mouse click on the underwater map:
Move under water Left mouse click on the enemy / item:
Mouse wheel / Up and down arrow keys:
- Target / Shoot enemy
- Collect items
Surface / Dive Sonar
On the top left, you'll find your sonar system which can be used to get information about enemies in your proximity. The gridlines on the underwater map indicate your Sub
, the blue dots on the sonar indicate nearby Subs
or sea bases and the red dots indicate NPCs
Game Map functions
On the top of the Game Map, you'll find a couple of tabs which are important for the game and for underwater navigation:
- Merchant: You can buy weapons, equipment and other equipment here which will come in handy on future adventures. You'll be brought to the Merchant's main page when you click on this tab.
- Game map: This shows you the entire map and all important locations of the vast ocean. With one click on the map, you can reach far-away locations without having to actively navigate your Sub there yourself.
- Quests: Show you what you're made of and list the different challenging missions that await you.
- „?“: This is where you can find the Help guide.
- Sound symbol: Turn the sound on or off.
- Music note: Turn the background music on or off.
- Logout: Use the logout tab to go back to the homepage.
At Deepolis, there are four types of attack possibilities:
Weapon Effect Sonic Cannons
Activate your Sonic Cannons
and take your enemy under fire Tor****es
Hit your enemy even from far away Depth Charges
Destroy your opponents beneath your Sub
with a Depth Charge Naval Mines
Drop Naval Mines
which explode when another player sails over them Defense
Try to protect yourself from enemy attacks with the help of these two functions:
Defense Effect Decoys
to divert enemy Tor****es Camouflage
Sneak by other Subs
The offensive and defensive weapons menu can be found on the bottom your screen. Every weapon has its strengths and weaknesses. You can choose different types of ammunition by clicking on the arrow symbols for ammunition at the bottom of your screen on the [[Main_Page#Game_Map|Game Map. Every type is different and will damage your enemy corresponding to its purpose. In these ammunition menus, you can see how much damage each type of ammunition will cause and the number of rounds that are available in the storehouse. Select the appropriate type of ammunition before you make an attack. Target your enemy with a mouse click and click on the weapon symbol.
If you navigate to a sea base, the button "Trade items" will appear on the top of your game-map screen.
Click on the button and a window to trade items will appear. You can buy or sell valuable commodoties. To do this, you just need to specify the number of commodoties you'd like to sell or buy and click on the corresponding button "Buy" or "Sell" in the middle of the window. These buttons also indicate how much these commodities are currently worth. Trading items essential to boost your account balance. Certain items can be sold at other stations at an inflated price, thus making you a hefty profit. In addition, you'll also see your Sub's
bay volume" at the top of this window for further items. Note: Trading on the game map has nothing to do with trading items on the other window.
Further information about the Trading System
You can join together with others and work together to form a group, so that everything you collect and all points that you gain in experience (EP) will be divided between all group members:
How do you create a group?
: You can open the group window by pushing "G" and then selecting a player who you would like to invite, or you can write the name in the field at the top of the group window and then push the "Invite" button (upper left). That's how you invite another player. An invitation can also be retracted if you hit the "x" at the bottom of the group window.
How do you accept the invitation?
By pushing "G" you open the group window; on the bottom you'll see the name of the player who invited you, and you can then select if you'd like to accept or decline their invitation:How do you change the group leader?
The founder of group is the leader to begin with. Only the leader of a group can invite new members into a group or kick them out of the group. The founder can also make another group member the leader of the group. Behind the names of the group members are two buttons: With the left button you can make that member the leader of the group. How do you remove the player from the group?
Behind the name of the player there are two buttons: With the right button, you can kick that member out of the group. How do you leave a group?
On the upper right of the window is a button to leave the group. Can you be in more than just one group?
No, you can only be in one group.
- If a player kills another player who is significantly below their own Level, a bounty will be put on this player's head.
- The Level difference between two players can be a maximum of 15 Levels.
- If the player with the lower Level attacks first, the player with the higher Level, since they are acting in self-defense, won't
have a bounty put on their head.
- If a player with a higher Level kills a player who is more than 15 Levels below him, and that player has a bounty on their head, the higher-Level player is safe and won't be penalized with a bounty.
- Players who are in "Bounty Mode":
- lose more EP when hit than in a normal PvP battle (depending on how many players below Level 15 were shot down.
- cannot lose more EP than what they collected on the current Level.
Baryon Particle Field
- Players set to "Bounty" mode will be marked with a skull-and-crossbones symbol next to their name.
- Whoever is in bounty mode won't receive any EP for PvP battles during this time! They will receive EP for shooting down other players again only after the bounty mode has been suspended.
- There is an extra Ranking for the best Bounty Hunters. The top 10 bounty hunters will receive a special Rank Designation, and this will be shown on the Game Map next to their names.
- A Baryon Particle Field is located in the middle of every level's underwater territory.
- A Baryon Particle Field is always active for a period of one hour.
- There is always only one Baryon Particle Field active at a time.
- There is no set order in which the fields are activated. This happens randomly.
- If a Baryon Particle Field is active, every player can shoot at it.
- The damage will be added together, and the fraction with the most damage points will get a bonus.
- Damage by Sonic Ammunition, Depth Charges and Tor****es counts.
- The bonus is 25% more EP for NPC kills.
- The bonus is only effective in the area where the Baryon Particle Field is located.
- The bonus will expire when a player leaves the level, the Baryon Particle Field is deactivated (after 60 minutes), or another fraction causes more damage to the Baryon Particle Field, therefore stealing the bonus away.
A player's level shows their current progress in the game and their strength as well. It is displayed in square brackets right behind a player's name. Example: Opponent
In order to advance to the next level, a player needs to collect Experience Points
). Leveling up has many advantages; every player causes 1% more damage per level with their Sonic Cannons
, and by reaching higher levels, a player can purchase new and improved items.
It is forbidden to exploit bugs and/or use programming mistakes for your own personal gain. If you spot a bug, please report it as soon as possible in the Bug Forum using IRC (Internet relay chat) or by e-mail. Pushing
A player is forbidden from willfully allowing another player to destroy their sub in order to receive experience points in which to advance in position in the rank list. Real-life threats
Real-life threats or blackmail will be tracked down by us and will lead to immediate explusion from one or all Bigpoint games and sites. All entries with a clear intention of finding other individuals or players in order to cause harm to them or any related third parties will be treated as a real-life threat as soon as they show up in the in-game message system or as a forum entry. Insults and spam
All insults and spam in any shape or form are strictly forbidden. External programs and automation
External programs which influence the game as well as the automation of game processes are not allowed. Violations of the above-mentioned rules
Violations against the above-mentioned rules, depending on the severity of the violation, will result in a ban of at least one day to a complete expulsion from the game. Please contact the Deepolis Support team to report any violations. Terms & Conditions
The rules listed here are an extension of the Terms & Conditions and should be respected as such. General
If there should be any irregularities with your account, please report them immediately to the Support team by e-mail. There will be no compensation for existing bugs. Exception: The admin decides to grant one. The decision will be made on an individual
this should answer alot of things that is being ask