Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2012 > Speaker's Corner 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.12.2012, 05:48   #1
bobmyself
Board Veteran

Location: Where the grass is greener, the stars shine brighter and the cup is full..
Default Winterfest 2012

Since the event is going to be around for awhile we might as well have a place to discuss it..

Ammo: JOB-100 (first seen at Halloween this year) back in store. Good for the quick slaughter of NPCs if you don't of tonnes of other elite ammo at hand.

Quests: From the description in the quest FAQ, I don't like the way it's planned out. So far the quests seem to require travelling between uppers and lowers (easy & hard) and pay out pretty average. I foresee the waste of many jump credits As the 'Super' quests are rolling in it's obvious to see we are being ripped off. The rewards offered are simply not good enough for the requirements we are expected to fulfil. The hard quests require an overly excessive amount of travelling and the rewards aren't worth the work (we are only up to the 3rd day and the quest already requires you to go from uppers to pirates to lowers). The easy quests are however, are worth doing since you are only expected to travel around your lowers maps and continue to offer fair rewards. Compared to the Halloween quests the easy quests are about the same in terms of WORK:REWARD ratio and the hard quests are simply not up to this standard. Extremely disappointing.

NPC: The Santa bots shoot lightning at you (extremely long distance) which screws up your controls (opposite direction) and can deal a significant amount of damage (depends on map). There is a chance however that you get turned into a little snowman (as well as all the NPCs/ships) which looks really cool ^_^ They aren't worth the ammo it takes to kill them. After awhile though these Santas do become annoying and you're better off steering clear of Santa :L

Graphics: There are these little igloo things scattered around the maps (several in each) which look pretty neat but aren't of any use. The sparkly snow at portals isn't all that realistic but it was a fair idea. NYX is dressed in red as I'm sure you've noticed. The backpage looks really icy and all the graphics this year have followed traditional themes

*NEW* Advent Calendar: First time this has appeared in Darkorbit history. During the lead up to Christmas you will be presented with a different gift (ranging between 150-7500uri) everyday.

Boxes: Look the same as previous years. As far as I can tell they seem to have the exact same content as Halloween, apart from WIZ rockets. I don't like how they're only out during select times, leaving some players that don't play on those times in the dust. All in all they are worth picking up while you are travelling from places or boxing but you shouldn't go out of your way for them when your doing something more important, such as hunting.

Will keep this updated during the event when additional stuff unfolds so players know what to look out for.

Closed.

Last edited by bobmyself : 08.12.2012 at 00:25. Reason: Updated
Old 01.12.2012, 09:40   #2
Okapi32
Forum Demigod

I think the quest system sounds alright, just got to see the rewards of the big 31st ones I suppose.
The calendar isn't a bad idea either:

[removed image]

That's the contents of it, can't complain it is free after all.

Last edited by Ddraig : 01.12.2012 at 11:42. Reason: image removed
Old 01.12.2012, 09:45   #3
bobmyself
Board Veteran

Location: Where the grass is greener, the stars shine brighter and the cup is full..

Regarding the calander, what exactly is the white thing on the right that has a X500?

Closed.
Old 01.12.2012, 09:50   #4
pinkpig74
Forum Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmyself View Post
Regarding the calander, what exactly is the white thing on the right that has a X500?
Its pet fuel and n1 to the guy for posting the contents of every window for the next 24 days thats really kept it all a surprise for the kids that play this lol . I can imagine what his xmas claender at home looks like aready .
Old 01.12.2012, 10:22   #5
Okapi32
Forum Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpig74 View Post
Its pet fuel and n1 to the guy for posting the contents of every window for the next 24 days thats really kept it all a surprise for the kids that play this lol . I can imagine what his xmas claender at home looks like aready .
Oh dam I completely forgot they wake up every day wetting themselves in excitement to see whats they're going to get on a DarkOrbit virtual calendar ...
I really don't think they will care.
Old 01.12.2012, 10:27   #6
pinkpig74
Forum Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi32 View Post
Oh dam I completely forgot they wake up every day wetting themselves in excitement to see whats they're going to get on a DarkOrbit virtual calendar ...
I really don't think they will care.
Just cus thats how your mind works it dont mean there isnt people who would of liked it to be a surprise thats the whole point of advent calenders or else they would not bother puting windows on them would they lol it would just be a calender .
Old 01.12.2012, 10:30   #7
Okapi32
Forum Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpig74 View Post
Just cus thats how your mind works it dont mean there isnt people who would of liked it to be a surprise thats the whole point of advent calenders or else they would not bother puting windows on them would they lol it would just be a calender .
They also hide upcoming updates but people still look for them because they want to know what they are. Seriously on the scale of it I really didn't think it would cause trouble; it's not like we were leaking the CBS info for weeks before it came out, nobody complained then.
Old 01.12.2012, 10:43   #8
pinkpig74
Forum Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi32 View Post
They also hide upcoming updates but people still look for them because they want to know what they are. Seriously on the scale of it I really didn't think it would cause trouble; it's not like we were leaking the CBS info for weeks before it came out, nobody complained then.
Im not saying it causes trouble lol im just saying advent calenders are for the kids and each window is meant to be a surprise , theres not much point in having an advent calender if when you get it home you open all 24 windows within the first 5 minutes lol

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Last edited by pinkpig74 : 01.12.2012 at 10:45.
Old 01.12.2012, 11:25   #9
Varoid37
Forum-Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmyself View Post
Since the event is going to be around for awhile we might as well have a place to discuss it..

Ammo: JOB-100 (first seen at Halloween this year) back in store.

Quests: From the description in the quest FAQ, I don't like the way it's planned out. So far the quests seem to require travelling between uppers and lowers (easy & hard) and pay out pretty average. I foresee the waste of many jump credits

NPC: The Santa bots shoot lightning at you (extremely long distance) which screws up your controls (opposite direction) and can deal a significant amount of damage (depends on map). There is a chance however that you get turned into a little snowman (as well as all the NPCs/ships) which looks really cool ^_^

Graphics: There are these little igloo things scattered around the maps (several in each) which I've been trying to find out of boredom for the past 30 minutes The sparkly snow at portals isn't all that realistic but it was a fair idea.

*NEW* Calendar: First time this has appeared in Darkorbit history. During the lead up to Christmas you will be presented with a different gift each day. (Items are shown in post below)

Will keep this updated during the event when additional stuff unfolds so players know what to look out for.
I think the quests are completely ridiculous.

I mean, if you could be destroyed without having to start over the quest, that'd be one thing, but come on!

20 lords in x-2 and x-3, then terbium in x-2 and x-3... No way is anyone but an FE goli going to be able to not be destroyed by VRU or EIC like that.

Unless I see either a quick one or one that doesn't require not getting blown up (Or unless FTH2, my clan, get a big enough hunting group together to do it anyway... For lordakias), I'm not doing them.

I'll find some other way to get more credits and stuff.
Old 01.12.2012, 11:44   #10
Ddraig
Chat Admin Darkorbit

Hi there,

Okapi, i have removed your image of the advent calendar with all windows open. These advent calendar gifts are meant to be surprises each day, and as you already know, we on the English team like to maintain those surprises.

By all means, when the whole event is over, feel free to post the image.

Kind Regards,

Support | Chat Rules | Darkorbit Bible | Clearing Cache
Always Post Your User ID