Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2012 > General Questions 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 19.11.2012, 18:48   #1
†..çняιş•¢гøsş..†
Forum-Apprentice

Beitrag Upgrading

Hi,

I've upgraded all my drones from 10 to 16 and i noticed that i still have the same damage as before, and my drones are full of lasers, so why hasn't my laser damage gone up yet? - Does the upgrades take a few days to take effect or something? or does it really not make that much difference?

I spent a lot of money on upgrading, hope i didnt spend so much just so i get 2k more damage

Thanks!

-={ Forum Apprentice }=-
* Ship stats/external profile * || "Sentinel is coolest"
Old 19.11.2012, 18:55   #2
rooster12
Living Forum Legend

work it out

6 % off 200 if it is an lf 4 = 12 extra damage , x by a max off 20 =240 (without anything extra added like boosters etc)

so a max off 960 for x 4 .

or in other words yes you did ,

I TOLD YOU SO

DO in a years timejjj
Old 19.11.2012, 22:44   #3
POBB
Board Veteran

Location: "A quiet corner of the room observing the potential changes".

just upgrading drones doesnt do that much for dmg...but you will notice a better improvement in shielding.....

for guns...youll begin to notice more significant increases as you upgrade the lf4's..and use better ammo....its the difference between 40k and 80k shots....

pre upgrades and red drones..i was hitting about 40k whites...now with everything red and upgraded..i hit 80k....well worth the uri in my book...

SIGNATURE BY The∞Ancient∞One . JOIN TFP . VIEW TFP . ME
"THERE'S A CHANGE COMING"
Old 20.11.2012, 14:22   #4
=SERAPH=
Board Admin Darkorbit

Hello †..çняιş•¢гøsş..†

Thankyou for your answers rooster12 and POBB.

The benefits provided from Upgrading are not significant - they are like the icing on the cake, which is why most would recommend only Upgrading if you have nothing else left to improve.

For your specific example, Upgrading from level 10 to level 16 will give a 2.4% damage increase on the lasers equipped to your drones. For the sake of argument, if the lasers on your drones are doing 40,000 damage, the Upgrade bonus will increase that to 40,960 (per rooster's example)... as you can see, not a great improvement. The overall benefits will be more noticeable once everything is Upgraded to maximum, but it can be a long road to get there.

I would still firmly suggest that it was worth the drone Upgrades, since the benefits are more flexible over your configurations, and also across all ships you may use, but you may wish to think carefully before Upgrading any lasers or shields significantly.

Do you have further questions?