Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2012 > Update & Idea Pool 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.07.2012, 23:26   #1
ŠŪ¶ΛΓŁΨ
Forum-Greenhorn

Default The Old Client Server.

How about a New Server That has only the old client so there would be none of the updates and ammo or equipment, aliens from the new Client.

I mean honestly It wouldn't hurt to make a server like that. If a server like that were to be made I would play all day, and i'm sure there are MANY other people that would agree with me on this idea.

So how about make a server that is dedicated to take you back to when everything about this game was fun?

Please

Or

How about a New Darkorbit.
Like a new website for a different game, but it would still be Darkorbit.
It would be an old client only game with all the same servers but not no new client at all.
So it would be like a series of Darkorbit games for example Call Of Duty.

This would actually be a great marketing Idea also, I say that because what if that brought the people who used to play but quit DUE TO the new client and all its updates, and or make players that just want to try something new?
Or maybe people just wanted to try something new? Because I know plenty of players that don't even know what the old client is.So I spend about 20 mins telling them the glorious tales of the old client and how there wasn't even a skylab or the E gate.

So who's with me?? Yeaa!

Come on guys If you read this please give your opinion on this idea this is a community don't be afraid to voice your opinion

Last edited by ŠŪ¶ΛΓŁΨ : 13.07.2012 at 01:08. Reason: add-on
Old 12.07.2012, 23:39   #2
AM-LEADER-POT{.FST.}
Forum-Noob

I like this idea and would definitely be active alot more then i am now.
Old 13.07.2012, 00:03   #3
TheLastPieceOfBacon
Forum Connoisseur

This is one of the best ideas ive heard in years. If this came, id drop my semi UFE account and spend whatever i had on the new server. If dark orbit doubled the prices for uri, hell id still buy and have fun, just like before.
Old 13.07.2012, 01:28   #4
-Sgtkilljoy-
Junior Expert

it may not be the oldest of the old client but its b4 most of new update, original graphics mostly and its pretty cool...

uridium wars on fb....

unfortunately its sponsored by bigpoint as well

hope you enjoy

Regards,
I want to quit, but I'm addicted to this ridiculous game for some reason... help me!
Old 13.07.2012, 01:28   #5
•Џøu-Ģøт-PωиęЕ™
Forum-Greenhorn

Default I Love The Idea

I Love The Idea Here Supafly, Old School Players From Darkorbit Mostly Quit Because Of Skylab, Pilot Bio, Ubers, Delta, Etc. !! Maybe about 1000 Players Max Had Quit In Old Client Because Some Just Didnt Have The Skill! Old Client Was All About Skill, You Could Blow 300$ On A Mega & Still Get Owned By Someone That Hasn't Thrown Any Money Down! Because It Was All Skill That You Needed. But Now You NEED This & That Just To Own Someone, The Game Is Not About Skill Anymore Its All About Money! Who Agree's With Me? Darkorbit Would Still Make Hell Of Alot More Money If They Did This, Because I Will Be On Old Client 24/9 Not 24/7! Wont Get No Sleep! If They Considered Going Through With This Idea. Guranteed Old School Players Would Come Back 100% ! I First Started This Game When Uppers Had Just Came Out. DarkOrbit Shouldve Just Stopped The Updates At Delta Gate Or The Smart Bombs & Instant Shield!

Last edited by •Џøu-Ģøт-PωиęЕ™ : 13.07.2012 at 01:39.
Old 13.07.2012, 01:48   #6
~~~SOULREAPER~~~BCOM
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ŠŪ¶ΛΓŁΨ View Post
How about a New Server That has only the old client so there would be none of the updates and ammo or equipment, aliens from the new Client.

I mean honestly It wouldn't hurt to make a server like that. If a server like that were to be made I would play all day, and i'm sure there are MANY other people that would agree with me on this idea.

So how about make a server that is dedicated to take you back to when everything about this game was fun?

Please

Or

How about a New Darkorbit.
Like a new website for a different game, but it would still be Darkorbit.
It would be an old client only game with all the same servers but not no new client at all.
So it would be like a series of Darkorbit games for example Call Of Duty.

This would actually be a great marketing Idea also, I say that because what if that brought the people who used to play but quit DUE TO the new client and all its updates, and or make players that just want to try something new?
Or maybe people just wanted to try something new? Because I know plenty of players that don't even know what the old client is.So I spend about 20 mins telling them the glorious tales of the old client and how there wasn't even a skylab or the E gate.

So who's with me?? Yeaa!

Come on guys If you read this please give your opinion on this idea this is a community don't be afraid to voice your opinion
I miss the old client very much, i miss the old days, ive been here since the beginning, but lets be honest the no life botters and hackers would ruin the old client too, thats mainly the only good thing about the old days, hackers and botters didnt exist, mabey some1 used speed cheat here and there but thats it.
Old 13.07.2012, 01:52   #7
ŠŪ¶ΛΓŁΨ
Forum-Greenhorn

Default Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Џøu-Ģøт-PωиęЕ™ View Post
If They Considered Going Through With This Idea. Guranteed Old School Players Would Come Back
That's what i'm saying there is NOTHING that can go wrong with this idea. Everyone's happy in the end

Idea's I had to better this game.|The Old Client Server
Darkorbit Old Client petition|Old client Company war
Old 13.07.2012, 02:02   #8
ŠŪ¶ΛΓŁΨ
Forum-Greenhorn

Default Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~SOULREAPER~~~BCOM View Post
lets be honest the no life botters and hackers would ruin the old client too, thats mainly the only good thing about the old days, hackers and botters didnt exist, mabey some1 used speed cheat here and there but thats it.
Actually people botted on the old client.

But your worried about a little issue like that,what about the main idea here?
The old client was funner and gave you reason to actually wanna play, not to make you want to play so you have to buy things to keep up with everyone else, and eventually make you quit when you literally can't afford to play anymore.

That's what i'm trying to get at, a server or new game with the old client where there were no needs for money to have fun and you acutally wanted to play just to play

Old 13.07.2012, 02:12   #9
•Џøu-Ģøт-PωиęЕ™
Forum-Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ŠŪ¶ΛΓŁΨ View Post
That's what i'm trying to get at, a server or new game with the old client where there were no needs for money to have fun and you acutally wanted to play just to play
Dont Get Me Wrong I Wouldve Threw Some Money Down On Game, If I Had It Back Then Lets Face It Ive Been Playing Since 2008, I Was 11 Or 12 Then And Im Saying "Ohh I Wish I Had Money To Put Money Down" Only Simple Reason Is That It Was Fun To Get GG's Built & Have High Ammo But You Dont Need To Even Put Money Down To Do That! I Just Wanted A Quicker Route At It. But The Very Few That Were Putting Money Down Were Always In Gates, Getting Up In Rank (Me For Instance) And They ALWAYS Had Competition To The People That Didnt Throw No Money Down In Game. For Instance PYRO From Uk Server Didnt Put No Money Down In Game For A MeanWhile Of Time, And He Was Owning Nasher And The Big Players. Just Something That Shows Old Client Was And Always Will Be About SKILLS And Not MONEY !
Old 13.07.2012, 02:18   #10
ŠŪ¶ΛΓŁΨ
Forum-Greenhorn

Default !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Џøu-Ģøт-PωиęЕ™ View Post
Just Something That Shows Old Client Was And Always Will Be About SKILLS And Not MONEY !
Oh my gosh bro, Preach Truer words have never been read before.