I have been the leader of the EIC's ITGS on East coast 1 server for 600 days since i started the clan, i have seen players come and go and my clan's rank go up and down, all in all i am enjoying being the leader and want to share some of the things i have done with other clan leaders just starting their own clan.
first set up a database, either in excel or access to house your clans information about the players, simple headers like these may help get you started:
Member (the member name)
EP (how much EP do they have? it will help with ranks later)
Payout Earned (if you have a payment system this will help later)
Joined (when they joined so you can see the long term members)
Rank (DO rank)
Function (clan Function ie. Recruiter, co-leader, etc...)
Lvl (what level are they)
second you need to set up some rules, here are my clan rules.
1.No shooting EIC, if you are shot at by a noob player try to talk to them first in chat explain to them the rules of play, if thatdoes not work and they continue only then may you fire back. but do not pop them! If they are in a clan get their info including Clan tag and send it to me in a message and I will speak to that clan's leader to have them deal with their player, if you are popped by any EIC player I need to know details in a message ASAP, only then can i deal with the issue, DO NOT take it upon yourself to pop them back. WE have many alliances and want to keep it that way and get more as new clans appear.
2. All members, make sure you are using your skylab to it's fullest, it makes you credits while you are hunting MMO and VRU so you can buy weapons, ammo, etc... transfer prom and sep for weapons,sheilds and for selling, it will make you creds daily, I can make 3.8 mil in 6 hours just by selling prom, for those of you that only have 2000 cargo storage you can make 1.2-2 mil in 4 hours. Remember Skylab setup is important, make sure you set yours and keep upgrading to at least level 10 on all items except Sep(level 7 is good enough) to make more credits.
3. All members are required (to keep you in your premium ships) to have 2000 uri to repair the ship and drones minimum before leaveing 2-8 or 2-2,before I leave station I have a min of 5k uri so my ship and drones are safe, I expect this from all members. This will keep you from losing your ships that you have worked so hard to buildand some costly items like Iris Drones.
4. NO bad mouthing other EIC clans Period!!
5. NO Botting allowed!!
6. No Script running to enhance your ship!
7. No Kami use when other EIC are near you!
Any violation of these rules will mean termination from clan
3rd you need to decide taxes and if you are going to pay your clan members, I run a weekly EP gain payout, with a 5% tax rate, if keeps the members flush with creds and keeps the clan flush with creds to do matches for auctions.
Hope this helps Good Hunting!!
TGC Member / Leader ITGS
Lvl 18 goli USA East 1 (1,083,635,548 and counting!)
user ID 55523439
Location: Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple
All for one & one for all
You have a well thought out setup, is good to see
Diplomacy plays a very important roll in this game. My (Our) Clan only accepts NAP's (orange tag) as diplomacy. Very few Alliance (green tag). I adapted this "rule" from experience in the game.
Green (Alliance).. means comradeship we are very close friends, have played this game closely with each other. It is the sign of "brotherhood" and as close friends we fight beside each other. If another player is shooting an "Alliance d" player it is our duty to help thward off the aggressor. Experience has taught me this can create problems for a clan if these "Alliances" are not carefully chosen or accepted
Orange (NAP).. means "Non Aggression Pact" simply put, we as clans agree to not shoot at each other, helping is optional.
I am an "old school" player and in the beginning these where stern rules, and I see you have adapted them into your clan. The problem I find in this game is the lack of education, the lack of "Leaders" teaching their members proper diplomacy.
Shoot me or any of my members your "dead" if you where an orange tagged member your "dead" twice now that's education in the dark
Click my Sig.4 BIO
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please
Yeah when i started the clan I was looking at alliances and did try to get as many as I could, but as the last 2 years has been with all the wars and craziness I have been a little more selective with my alliances, I still have alliances with clans that have been completely destroyed and only have a few members left, it is a shame that the internal companies can destroy other clans just for fun, this is a war game and we should be killing the other companies not each other!!
This is some good advice, Z-hawk, who I'm sure a lot of you don't remember, has posted many helpful things about clans, I am still surprised by the fact that DO has never taken the extracts and put them into a sticky. In fact, I can probably dig up these articles myself...