Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2012 > General Questions 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.03.2012, 11:07   #1
monas
Forum-Noob

Default Account selling

I would like to ask a Question & want to post it here so that others can add their views.

Can Dark Orbit accounts actually be sold now or not?

I was on ebay.co.uk earlier today & just typed in "Dark Orbit" on search & actually found that there are 6 listings for people selling accounts.

Also, one of the listing contains multiple accounts (10 Goliath Accounts) which the seller has stated that they have used to gain credits precumably by taxing these accounts - is this actually permitted because I believe that this falls under the category of "gaining an unfair advantage" by using other accounts to benefit another main/major account by obtaining credits which they would not otherwise have access to. This undoubtedly happens a lot, but to openly admit to it on ebay .. what can I say.

Accounts remain the sole property of Dark Orbit's owners Bigpoint, so the selling of these accounts is not permitted without the authorisation pf Bigpoint - & I can never see that happening.
Old 11.03.2012, 11:20   #2
._Renegade_.
Forum-Apprentice

Lol to be honest.. i think this is a stupid question :P

Read the T&C for darkorbit.. darkorbit accounts can not be sold if they are found to be sold they can be deleted..

so to answer your question. NO darkorbit accounts can not be sold and even darkorbit wont give you permission to sell accounts.. and yea i think you are allowed to make multiple accounts .. as most people make loads of accounts for credits...
Old 11.03.2012, 12:04   #3
knight8990
Forum Connoisseur

Hello,

Nope, its not allowed to sell an account, but it goes on all the time. If caught, the account can be banned.

You can make multiple accounts, as long as they come in contact with one another. So making multiple accounts and using them as money cows is not allowed. But yet again, happens all the time, like with every 'illegal' doing on this game.

~Knight.
Old 11.03.2012, 12:16   #4
._Renegade_.
Forum-Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight8990 View Post
Hello,

Nope, its not allowed to sell an account, but it goes on all the time. If caught, the account can be banned.

You can make multiple accounts, as long as they come in contact with one another. So making multiple accounts and using them as money cows is not allowed. But yet again, happens all the time, like with every 'illegal' doing on this game.

~Knight.
I have just said that lol
Old 11.03.2012, 12:18   #5
knight8990
Forum Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ._Renegade_. View Post
and yea i think you are allowed to make multiple accounts .. as most people make loads of accounts for credits...
Just rectifying and confirming.
No need for spam, so no need to argue.

~Knight.
Old 11.03.2012, 12:20   #6
._Renegade_.
Forum-Apprentice

I wasnt arguing i knew i was right lol thats why i told you i already said that.. so i think support should close this thread since the original question has been answerd
Old 11.03.2012, 12:45   #7
ULTIMATE_POWER
Forum Great Master

Of course selling accs is not allowed, however a great many accs have indeed changed hands over time including accs of players very high in the rankings & quite often, a number of these players have been caught & had their accs suspended only to be reinstated in the majority of cases - says much for Bigpoint adhering to their own T&Cs, which they will say that they have the right to do what they want.

Any person who does buy another acc, does so at their own risk. Most are caught due the manner in which the new player plays, the way they chat, but most often, they are caught by an IP match (or rather mismatch).

Accs cannot be sold & Bigpoint will never allow it as if they ever did, they would most likely to be open to lawsuits & come under investigation.

Players try to sell accs in the hope that someone does buy them who is not fully aware of Bigpoint's T&Cs.

I believe that Bigpoint should contact ebay, point out their T&Cs & say to ebay that the players have no right putting these accs up for sale as they do not legally own them. Furthermore, Bigpoint should try to come to some agreement with ebay that if accs are listed for sale, then Bigpoint should be provided with the seller's details as well as their IP address. Some may argue that this breaches ebay's own T&Cs & policies, however trying to sell something deliberately knowing that you do not own it & without the permission of the actual owner is considered FRAUD/DECEPTION & therefore any T&Cs agreed to no longer apply.
Old 11.03.2012, 12:48   #8
ULTIMATE_POWER
Forum Great Master

I believe that the user who posted this thread did not do so because they did not know the answer, but rather to point out that this is still happening & that something should be done about it & the people selling these accs should be traced, caught & not only have their accs suspended permanently, but also their IP addresses.
Old 12.03.2012, 05:28   #9
~ASTRAEA~
Senior Admin Darkorbit

Thank you all for you input on this subject, however it made very clear in the Terms of Service:

The following is a partial list of the kinds of conduct that are illegal or prohibited on the Site. Bigpoint reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Bigpoint’s sole discretion, engages in any of the prohibited activities. Prohibited activities include — but are not limited to — the following:

• Sale or other transfer of user accounts (other than on platforms provided by Bigpoint);

Players and or accounts that are caught being sold on outside sites. Run the risk of having their accounts terminated.

If you find an issue of this nature you are more than welcome to contact support with your findings for further investigation.

Does the Op have any further questions on this topic?
Have a nice day!

~Astraea~