Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2012 > Technical Problems & Bugs 2012
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 20.02.2012, 19:34   #1
[LPC]~{Lee}
Forum-Greenhorn

Default System requirments for Darkorbit

I have today read 3 posts about the lag issue and once AGAIN they direct the issues towards the end user PC or the connection to the server.
See a quote below

"One reason why this might not have made it it the Official Announcements, is because these issues are not affecting all users. While there may be many affected, the difficulties may be likely caused by certain computer set-up combinations which can take some time to test through. If the problem lay with the DarkOrbit servers, it would be a much easier (and faster) fix."

I would like to quote some basic facts to

Adobe Flash Player 11 / Tech specs
  • 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit), Windows Server® 2003 (32-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Internet Explorer 7.0 and above, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 and above, Opera 11
  • 128MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
What are system requirements?
As with all games there are certain hardware and software requirements to play DarkOrbit. These are known as system requirements and are only a guideline. The requirements detailed here are the minimum requirements required to play DarkOrbit. They do not guarantee the best possible performance.

What are the requirements for DarkOrbit?
  • Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/Win 7
  • Pentium III 1.6 GHz or Mac OSX compatible computer
  • 512 MB RAM (Recommended 768 MB
  • 16 MB Graphics Card (Recommended 32 MB)
  • ISDN or DSL Connection
  • Adobe/Macromedia Flashplayer (Minimum version 9)
DarkOrbit is optimized for Firefox from version 2, and Internet Explorer from version 7

I have been hammered with game freeze like the rest of you have. You can see the above info taken directly from Darkorbits own FAQ`s and Adobe Flash players home site.

So let me think my pc runs Windows 7 a quad core intel cpu at 3.4 with 4gb of ram and a stand alone graphics card 1gb capable of playing games like Battlefield 3 on high settings.

O and not to mention i also have a 20mb connection for the internet.

I am confused to say the least if it is my pc then DO need to provide us with correct info. Or does anyone else have any idea as to what is happening?

Players please could you post your system specs and internet connection speed so they can use this info to address the above quoted technical issue...

Last edited by [LPC]~{Lee} : 20.02.2012 at 19:36. Reason: spelling
Old 02.03.2012, 15:36   #2
The.White.Hat
Living Forum Legend

Location: ∞∞ Space ∞∞ Above & Beyond                   Yes, Life is unfair!

Greetings Space Pilot,

Sorry for the late reply.

Seems that your post got lost in the myst of threads in here

I hope the above problems are now resolved for you.

When it happens your thread is not answered after a few days (3-4 days) and if you see other threads gets answered, then you can bump your thread because it has likely been forgotten. Only under those conditions otherwise any bumping will be infracted.

Given your specs, your computer definitely should be able to handle a web-browser game such as darkorbit.
This being said keep in mind since Flash only is able to deal with a single core, if that core gets overloaded, it will result in the same behavior as if you had a single core CPU.
Lately I have noticed some browsers preforms a lot worse than others. I even got some of my computer to crash as I only was on a regular webshop using some scripts (was not DO/BP websites).
I switched to an other browser on the same website and had no issues.

What I am trying to say, is not only your computer -core- specs matters, one browser may perform better for one usage when an other one may perform better for an other one, as well as one browser could perform perfectly on one operating system, and not being working as good on an other one.

Keep in mind, because something work perfectly for someone else, does not mean that solution will work as good for you.

Best is to test all the available solutions and find what is one which works the best for you.

Always remember a single windows update/browser/flash/java update can change everything again...

Sadly that's how it is...

Hope this helps.