As your ship grows and you move on to harder missions the need for stronger ammo will arise. There are several laser batteries to choose from and several rockets as well. You will find that a selection of each is makes life much easier in the Orbit. Keep in mind that not all the ammo choices are available all the time. So check back often to make sure you get your share of the elite ammo. X4 or whites as many pilots call it can only be acquired through reward for quests, or gates and from the Galaxy Gate Materializer.
The chart below will outline at a glance the ammo you will be working with.
Each ship is equipped to handle two types of generators. Engines to make your escape possible when needed, and shields to protect you in a dog fight. Each ship has a set number of generators it can hold, but don't despair. If you would like more shielding than your ship will allow then equip your drones with shields as well. Engines can not be outfitted on shields. All extra's from your hangar can also be equipped on your drones if you so desire.
Below is listing for both the speed generators and the Shields available to you.
What exactly are boosters?
Boosters give you the extra support you need in order to play the game well and with no effort at all.
Each booster increases (boosts) the value of your account or ship.
- Boosters can be bought for Uridium or can be subscribed to for a fee. They can also be bid on through the trade section.
- Each booster lasts for 10 hours of playing time. When you log out the timer stops.
How many boosters can I buy?
- Every user can have all types of boosters active at the same time.
- As long as there is enough Uridium in your account, you can buy as much of one type of booster as you want.
- If a booster is bought which is already active, the time for the booster which was just bought will be added to that of the old booster which is already active.
How can I see if a booster is active?
- If a booster is selected from the booster menu in the hangar, you'll be able to see if it is active and how much longer it will be active for in its description.
How can I subscribe to a booster?
- If you have a subscription to a booster, a new booster will automatically be bought as soon as the time for the active booster runs out.
- The Uridium required to buy such a booster will automatically be withdrawn from your game account.
- If there is not enough Uridium in the account at the time of withdrawal, a booster won't be able to be purchased. The subscription will remain in effect as long as it is not canceled by the user. As soon as there is enough Uridium in the account, the subscribed boosters will be automatically bought.
How do I end my subscription to a booster?
- If a booster is selected from the booster menu (the place where you buy boosters), you can use the Cancel subscription button in its description to cancel your subscription.
- If a subscription is canceled, the booster which is active will remain active until its time runs out, and a new one won't be bought afterwards.
Pro Boosters are basically the same as regular boosters with one difference. They share their effects with other members of you company that are near by. Also if you have regular boosters and the pro boosters their effects will stack. So you would have a total of 20% damage increase, plus share 5% with members near by. Here is the chart for the pro boosters.
There are several different designs to change the skin on your Goliath or Vengeance. Some skins totally change the look of the ship while offering some great bonus's, others just carry the bonus with minor appearance changes. Whatever your preference there is probably a design to suit you.
The galaxy gates are four portals to go to different galaxies and take on the task of killing many waves of different aliens.
These gates are Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta.
What is the purpose of the galaxy gates?
[list][*]Completing galaxy gates affect your rank points and statistics such as aliens killed, honour and experience. The amount of rewards you get from each gate varies from gate to gate.
Alpha Gate -
20,000 Type 4 (x4 damage) ammunition
2 Repair credits
2 Logs Disks
Beta Gate -
40,000 Type 4 (x4 damage) ammunition
4 Repair credits
4 Log Disks
Gamma Gate -
60,000 Type 4 (x4 damage) ammunition
6 Repair credits
10 Log Disks
Delta Gate -
45,000 Type 4 (x4 damage) ammunition
5 Repair credits
8 Log Disks
You will also find that when you complete galaxy gates you are given a symbol above your rank for the amount of gates that you have done. These look like the following:
1 gate complete :
2 gates complete :
3 gates complete :
4 gates complete :
How do you set up and use the galaxy gates?
Galaxy gates are set up by obtaining galaxy gate pieces. These can be collected through the galaxy gate generator, which is found on your back page (the window that isn't the space map). By clicking energy you are essentially taking a go at recieving one of the many prizes on offer. Each spin will cost 100 Uridium (95 uridium for premium members) and you can collect free spins through collecting bonus boxes - the thing you are looking for are "Free galaxy gate energy"
When you have all of the parts for your galaxy gate(s) you click on the Galaxy Gates part of your backpage again and select the gate that you wish to set up which is found at the top right of that page. Each gate requires a different amount of pieces to be fully set up:
Needs 34 pieces to be completed
Needs 48 pieces to be completed
Needs 82 pieces to be completed
Needs 128 pieces to be completed
How do I use the galaxy gates?
Once you have a galaxy gate set up, they will appear on your home map. Your home map is the map that has the number 1 at the end of the map number.
When you get to your home map, close to your base (blue square on your mini-map) you will see that the gate has been set up (that is, if you have set it up). Simply approach the gate, click jump and you will jump into the first wave of the gate (if newly set up) and that is you starting the gate.
After each wave of aliens you can jump out of the gate by hovering over the normal jump portal (on the right) and pressing the 'J' button. The gate will save your progress ready for the next time you're ready to jump.
Honor is very important in Dark Orbit. The higher your honor the higher your rank, and the more credits you earn selling ore, at the station.
When you 500,000 honor you will get double the amount of credits for each piece of ore than when you started. This is the maximum you can make. When your high enough level you can also sell at enemy bases, but you will receive the base amount, not your bonus amount.
Your ranking is affected by honor, the calculation goes like this 1/100 for the „Hall of Fame“ (EXP/1000 + Honor/100), 1000 honorpoints are 10 rankingpoints.
You get positive honor for the following:
1 : By killing NPCs NPCs (Alienships controlled by the system / non player characters )
2 : By killing ships of other companys
3. Completing quests
You will lose honor by doing the following:
1. Killing own company ships. This is penalized by -100 honor for first offense, -200 for second and so on, doubling each time.
2. Stealing cargo's that are not free. When you see cargo boxes on the screen there are two colors, gray and orange. Gray belongs to someone else, and orange is free to take. This will negate honor in the same manner starting at 20, 40, etc.
There is no limit to losing honor and because it doubles every time it will cost you a lot in a hurry. Once you hit -500 honor you become an outlaw and get a target beside your name for your rank.
After 24 hours the counter will reset.
If you kill a member of your company that shoots you first Positive honor is given.
Tip : Outlaws who want to get back to plus honor should try the quest "An offer you can´t refuse" (only visible for people with -500 honor points or less.
Note: No deduction of honor if the ship of own company gots honor below -500.
What sorts of resources are there?
There are 8 types of resources:
- 4 (raw) resources: Promethium (red), Endurium (blue), Terbium (yellow), Xenomit (silver, but cannot be found in space)
- 4 processed resources: Prometid (pink), Duranium (green), Promerium (yellow/orange) Seprom (Blue - ONLY PRODUCABLE IN SKYLAB)
How do I receive resources?
1. Promethium, Endurium, Terbium
Collect: They float in space and can be collected with your ship.
- Map X-1: Promethium, Endurium
- Map X-2: Promethium, Endurium, Terbium
- Map X-3 / X-4: Endurium, Terbium
By shooting down space ships
- Strainer: each 10 Promethium, Endurium
- Lordakia: each 20 Promethium, Endurium, Terbium
- Saimon: each 40 of all 3 resources as well as 2 Prometid and 2 Duranium
Can be auctioned with credits or bought instantly with Uridium in the store.
Shot down spaceships may also drop xenomit.
3. Prometid, Duranium, Promerium?
Process: these resources can be processed by the 4 raw materials mentioned above. The recepies can be found in the Hangar under the Laboratory. They can also be obtained by shooting down enemies.
"Where are resources stored?"
All resources are always in the cargo hold of your ship. The stored amount can be seen in the lab. Resources can be lost if your ship is destroyed.
Xenomit is special as it can be obtained by shooting down spaceships, which however is not always the case.
What can I do with resources?
- Sell them for credits in your own company base (Map X-1): al l resources except Xenomit
- Process in the lab (located on the space map represented by a + sign with a rocket.
- Upgrade your weapon with processed resources.
What are the advantages for processing resources, selling and weapon upgrades?
- Processing results in less cargo space requirements (as more raw materials are processed into less processed ore).
- Selling processed resources will result in less income than selling the required raw resources.
- Weapon upgrades:
1. Prometid: one unit will increase the firepower of lasers and rockets by 15% for 10 shots (up to 1000 shots can be improved).
2. Duranium: one unit will increase the generator performance of either the propulsion or shield by 10% for 10 minutes.
3. Promerium: one unit will increase the firepower by 30% or the generator performance by 20%.
There is also a new premium ore that you can use on Lasers and Rockets for a 60% boost and Shields for a 40% boost. This ore is called Seprom. Currently you can only get it from your Skylab or from destroyed enemy ships. It is too powerful for engines, so you can not boost them with it at this time.
We've noted a rising number of providers offering hand out free uridium and more, if you sign up there with your login informations of darkk orbit.
We did also note a rising number of chat messages which are telling you to get free uridium by sending a text message to a special number.
There is no official website that has any connection to Bigpoint which will ever ask you for your login data.
For text messages, it's always the User ID of the account we need,
where you want the Uridium to go, never anything else.For all things bigpoint can do to your accounts
( hand out uridium, restore missing stuff and so on ),
we only need your User ID, nothing more.
In addition to this:
We noted a rising number of users who ask other ones for trading their accounts.
they do ask them for the account data : Username and Password.
We're not saying they're all fakers, but we ask you to be very careful with this.
Most of those offers are fakes and serious trys to steal your account information.
Even if those offer to make your account premium or book Uridium on it,
do not trust them.
If you read the forums here, you'll see that we have had a lot of complains about stolen accounts in the past.
Most of them are the result of the above mentioned things.
Never give your password to anyone.
Please make sure that your password is not the same like your username. Also “test123” isn’t safe and all other information, which can be figured out by your portal profile shouldn’t be part of your password.
Furthermore never ever tell your password to third persons. When you give your password to another player – even when it’s a friend of yours - you can’t be sure to whom he may pass it on. Even if someone pretends to be an employee of Bigpoint and ask you to give your password to him – don’t do so, because we will never request the passwords of our users.
So again be careful with your passwords and keep them secret.
When you pay attention to these advice and use safe passwords you don´t have to be afraid of your account being hacked or stolen.