Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2009 > Technical Questions, Problems and Bugs 2009
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.12.2009, 20:36   #1
monkeybalm
Forum-Noob

Default system requirements

Hi, i've searched the forums and found no threads on system requirments for playing Dark Orbit. Can support lay out the minimum system requirements and also the preferred system requirements. Becuase my problem is lag, I've tried all your recommendations with no success. I'm running a Intel Duo w/1gig of ram using a 8800GT w/1gig on the video card. My question is, would upgrading to 2 or 4 gigs for my computer eliminate the lag or would it be just a waste of money beacuse it's do to the game servers. Thanks.

Last edited by monkeybalm : 04.12.2009 at 20:40.
Old 04.12.2009, 22:03   #2
TuzlaBiH
Advanced

You missed the most important part, what type of internet you got and speed as this has a massive impact on your game play, good place to check is speedtest net (google it up), there you can find a good info whether the connection u got is suitable for gaming, and they also do a ping test, which will measure pocket loss(also important for gaming).

Hope this helps,btw with good connection speed u shouldn't get much lag with that configuration u got, just don't run too many programs at the same time and try different browsers and see which one works best for you my personal favourite is google chrome, but there are a lot of ppl who got good results with firefox and IE. It is all trial and error until you find what works for you m8.

Regards,
Rising-Star
Old 05.12.2009, 11:50   #3
\\-Burned-//
Living Forum Legend

Hi there,

There are no official minimum requirements, there is however common sense.
Trying to play the game on a PC from the prehistoric ages won't be the best of ideas.
As a minimum for running Vista is 1GB of RAM, I would always advised 2GB or more for a smoother running.
Processor wise, I am using a 2.1Ghz processor on my laptop which is a Dual Core and that is working well. So anything around or above that should do pretty good.

But as stated above, internet connection is the one that you are wanting to keep an eye on.
I would suggest that a decent speed would be around 4Mb/s and a good speed around 9Mb/s + (although on my friends, when I am getting 2Mb/s there is no lag, strange huh?)
To find our your speeds, check out the following link:
HERE

And to see if your line quality is as good as you're being told:
HERE

It is not always to do with the hardware on your PC, but it can play some role in reducing what people call "lagg".

Regards,

Burned

Last edited by \\-Burned-// : 05.12.2009 at 12:28.
Old 05.12.2009, 12:24   #4
rooster12
Living Forum Legend

Have just done as Burned said and got a B* never had one of those at school . but the ping test came back as a good one for most applications , accept some games lol .

But to be fair i do not normally suffer from lag , but stupidly i did lose a life in gamma yesterday when every thing else was running .my fault no one elses . as i should have known not to go in when invasion gate was on .

Burned when i tried the speed test the link came back as not found .

I TOLD YOU SO

DO in a years timejjj
Old 05.12.2009, 12:29   #5
\\-Burned-//
Living Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster12 View Post
Have just done as Burned said and got a B* never had one of those at school . but the ping test came back as a good one for most applications , accept some games lol .

But to be fair i do not normally suffer from lag , but stupidly i did lose a life in gamma yesterday when every thing else was running .my fault no one elses . as i should have known not to go in when invasion gate was on .

Burned when i tried the speed test the link came back as not found .
Seems like I put the link in wrong.
It's all fixed so feel free to try again

Burned
Old 05.12.2009, 20:55   #6
monkeybalm
Forum-Noob

Thanks for your input guys, and i forgot to mention i'm using roadrunner for my internet connection. I ran the speed and ping test and passed with a "B" as well. Looks like i'll be buying some extra memory this weekend. Thanks, administration can close thread.
Old 05.12.2009, 20:57   #7
\\-Burned-//
Living Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybalm View Post
Thanks for your input guys, and i forgot to mention i'm using roadrunner for my internet connection. I ran the speed and ping test and passed with a "B" as well. Looks like i'll be buying some extra memory this weekend. Thanks, administration can close thread.
Closing on request.

Regards,

Burned