Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2008 > Update and Idea pool 2008
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 19.05.2008, 17:48   #1
PRICEY(BOP)
Forum Master

Cool i got gd title system... and something else...

i got a gd title system how about having titles on the mods and if u kill it u get the title which would ie.say midrange killer or something like that or mod huner/killer. and a little reward for doing it, or have a quest where u got to kill the mods lol... let me no wat u guys think.. and plz add more to it if u think of anything else..

kind regards...

catch me if you can..
and try your best..
plz do read these as they do help...
General Questions
Help for Newbies
F.A.Q
http://en.board.bigpoint.com/darkorb...ad.php?t=41601
Old 19.05.2008, 22:30   #2
C1tric
Regular

Hmm personnaly i don't agree with it because to my knowledge mods don't have any in game advantage over anyone and they just do moderating to help the community so when they want to play the game there shouldn't be titles encouraging people to kill them even more. They should be able to play in peace if they want but if title hunters are after them too...

Anyway that's just my 2 cents
Thanks
C1

H.G Wells
Old 19.05.2008, 23:11   #3
raymondothegreat
Active Author

C1trix makes a good point but I think the Idea could work with some tweaking. Instead of the name of you you killed you could have names as follows:

[NAME] The Goliath Gutter - Player who has killed the most Goliaths
[NAME] The Big Boy Basher - As above but for Big buys
down to
[Name] The Pheonix Pummeling Bully - For the biggest noob bashers

and others for NCPs like

[NAME] The Lorkadia Licker

Well you get the Idea

any thoughts?
Old 19.05.2008, 23:51   #4
C1tric
Regular

Yup good idea, would be good to have titles you don't just get from killing someone in your own company who has the title or picking someone off with a title while they're weak. This would make the titles actually mean more when you see someone with one as you would know they earnt it properly
Would be fun to see the competition too ^_^

Thanks
C1

H.G Wells
Old 20.05.2008, 00:20   #5
raymondothegreat
Active Author

You could also have ones like

[Name] Earth Ship Exterminator / Mars Mangler / Venus Vanquisher

for those who have killed say 10 enemy goliaths in your home sector.

If these titles came with bonus's, say a few thousand Uri, it would reward those players who help the noobs by defending them. You could also have titels that bring penalties, such as the Noob bashers, and even

[Name] is a expert thief

for those cargo stealers, not only would we all know who they are, they could loose even more "honour" for having gained this "title"
Old 21.05.2008, 19:21   #6
C1tric
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondothegreat View Post
If these titles came with bonus's, say a few thousand Uri, it would reward those players who help the noobs by defending them.
Brilliant idea and also I think it should count even if you don't kill them so like it would count as defence if you make the threat meter go down (you'd have to chace the ennemy out of X-1 and X-2). Just for the fact that if you attack someone not in BM the chances are he'll flee and you'll have waisted your ammo. Maybe a title for defence would be a good idea then, and if you do get the title you could get a small uri pay out like you suggested just to win back a bit of the ammo

Thanks
C1

H.G Wells