Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Darkorbit > DarkOrbit History > Archives > Archive 2010 > General Questions 2010
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 15.05.2008, 12:33   #1
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Default Mega/Double Happy Hour & Banking bonuses

. . . DarkOrbit offers several ways to increase the amount of Uridium you receive when you purchase it via the Credits Screen. Like a "Buy one, get one free" (x2) coupon at the local grocery store, it is pretty easy to figure out how much you should get when you "Buy one". Confusion can occur if (like many of us do) you use a second "coupon" at the same time.

The "Everything you wanted to know about Banking Multipliers and Hour Bonuses but were afraid to ask" Guide.
. . . Hopefully, below is a way to understand how these grocery store "coupon" situations work in the DarkOrbit world. This information is gleaned from personal experience/observation and emails with DarkOrbit Support on this subject. As such, it should be 100% conceptually accurate:

BACKGROUND:
Types of Multipliers or Bonuses:
(1)--> "Banking Multipliers" - Are obtained during Events like Easter, Spring Cleaning, etc. You get to keep and use only ONE until you purchase Uridium; then you may pick up another one. Banking Multipliers are always used on your NEXT Banking transaction: You can't save them, you get to use ONE no matter how many you collect, and they are gone after your next Banking transaction. Effectively, they are a "One Use" grocery store coupon and come in x2, x3 and x4 values.
----> The Forums have general information about what multipliers will be available during the Event and how to get them. Forum announcements occur before the Event.
----> An extra Logon Splash Screen (like with Happy/Mega Happy Hours below) will announce exact details about what, where, and how to get them during the Event. (The Screen you must dismiss/close to see the Start, Hangar, etc. buttons on the Main Screen.)
----> Banking Multipliers are purely "One Use" only: your next banking transaction.
----> You know you've got one if "Banking xxx Active" flashes in the Upper Left Corner of your Flight Screen (Where you see Alien kills, Experience awards, etc.). The "xxx" will be "Doubler", "Trippler", etc.
(2)--> "Happy and Mega Happy Hour Bonuses" - Are random hour periods when DarkOrbit gives a bonus for all Banking transactions during that Hour. For these Bonuses, you must make a Banking transaction during the hour. Effectively, these are a "Time Limited" grocery store coupon, come in x2 and x3 values and can be used as many time as you want during the "Hour".
----> Happy and Mega Happy Hours are timed to the Server clock: Check the Trade Screen to see how much time remains on the Hour.
----> They are announced on the extra Logon Splash Screen when you you logon (like Events above).
----> "Happy and Mega Happy Hour Bonuses" apply to ALL banking transactions you make during the Hour.
----> You know you've "got one" if you see the extra Logon Splash Screen (Actually, everyone who logs on during the hour "has" one.)

Values of Multipliers or Bonuses:
--> Are expressed as a multiple of what you buy. I.e. "Doubler" (x2), "Trippler" (x3), or "Quad" (x 4).
--> Each has a "Buy" part and a "Bonus" or "Get x more" part. For an x3 Trippler it is "Buy 1, Get another 2 as bonus" (Total 3). The other Values (x2, x4, etc.) work exactly the same. (ie x4 = buy 1, get another 3 as bonus: Total 4)

NOTE: Banking Multipliers no longer "stack" with Happy/Mega-Happy Hour Bonues effective with Banking Multipliers given out in ~ September 2008.

USING MULTIPLIERS and BONUSES INDIVIDUALLY:

NOTE: The "unit" is whatever denomination you are buying. (ie US$ 10 buys 30,000 Uri, or 33,000 Uri using QuickClick.)
--> As you would think (grocery store coupon example), you buy a unit, you get additional units as a bonus.

--> (x2) Happy Hour by itself (No Banking Multiplier Active):
Bank Transaction: You buy a "Unit": (30,000 Uri)
(x2) Hour Bonus gives another "Unit": (30,000 Uri)
TOTAL: 60,000
Total of 2 "units" of whatever "unit" you bought for the price of 1.
--> (x3) Banking Tripler by itself (No Happy/Mega Happy Hour):
(x3) Bank Bonus gives another 2 "Units": (60,000 Uri)
TOTAL: 90,000)
Total of 3 "units".
--> Other Multipliers and Bonuses work exactly like the examples above: just plug in your "Units", Multiplier and Bonus values.

WHEN TO USE MULTIPLIERS and BONUSES:
. . . This is a highly personal choice based on your style of game play, your need for or lack of need for Uridium, and a multitude of other options within the Game. Basically, Banking Multipliers and Hour Bonuses are just tools. Just like having a Premium Account, registering for QuickClick, joining a Clan, and numerous other opportunities in the DarkOrbit game are tools.
  • Use your TOOLS to maximize YOUR style of game play...
Just my opinion...

What do you think?

Z-Hawk
EIC, US Server

Last edited by _Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP] : 04.09.2009 at 01:44. Reason: format for clarity
Old 20.05.2008, 05:17   #2
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by equation View Post
do i need to be logged on for an hour to reap the bonuses?
equation -
Hour Bonuses apply to Banking transactions you make DURING the Happy or Mega Happy Hour period. You don't need to be "on" for the whole hour, you just need to make a Banking transaction during the Hour.

I have logged into an account for the express purpose of taking advantage of the Banking Bonus without ever actually entering the game and had no problems at all.

Hope that clarifies it for you...
Just my opinion...

What do you think?

Z-Hawk
EIC, US Server
Old 23.06.2008, 06:06   #3
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bugme:. View Post
yeah, but what number do i text to?
.:bugme:.
BugMe -
I had heard something about that several months ago. It sounded a little fishy to me at the time so I did not pursue it any further. I have used PayPal and Credit/Debit cards, but never the Cell phone.

Suggest you start a separate thread for that question...
Could title it "Texting for Uridium???" and include a question to the Moderators to get clarification.
Just my opinion...
What Do You Think?

Z-Hawk, xo
Birds Of Prey, EIC, US Server
Old 09.07.2008, 06:05   #4
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Reden Example is correct for stated conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk987 View Post
u got the happy hour and 2x wrong it should be 3x wat we bought not 4
NOTE: This applies to a situation that NO LONGER EXISTS: "stacking" on Banking and other Bonuses. This behavior was changer in ~ September 2008. All current Banking Multipliers DO NOT "stack".
firehawk987 -
For the original post (highlighted for clarity):
Quote:
--> (x3) Mega Happy Hour used with (x2) Doubler:
Bank Transaction:
You buy a "Unit": (30,000 Uri)
(x3) Hour Bonus gives another 2 "Units": (60,000 Uri)
(x2) Bank Bonus gives another "Unit": (30,000 Uri TOTAL: 120,000)
Again, Total of 4 "units".
I think not; suspect you missed the "Mega" (x3)...
(NOTE: Your example of a x2 Happy Hour and an x2 Banking Doubler DOES work out to x3 as you state...)
The Dark Orbit Bible, Rules & Regs, Forum Index, Forum SEARCH.

Last edited by _Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP] : 04.09.2009 at 01:47. Reason: Formatting errors//reflect Sep 2008 changes
Old 20.07.2008, 10:05   #5
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard060 View Post
does banking doubler last forever if i dont use it?
As near as I know, it lasts until your next bank transaction: effectively "yes" if you don't make a transaction.
Old 21.07.2008, 12:32   #6
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Rotes Gesicht Nothing in life is 100% safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-:†pinoy_ako™_[ECA] View Post
could you post the least problematic way of buying uri?
would it be by using credit cards? or SMS? pls advise...
†pinoy_ako™_[ECA] -
I don't know what you mean by SMS, however I don't think there is a non-problematic way to buy Uri:Each method involves some small risk of getting messed up.
  • Collect tons of Bonus boxes and kill high level NPC's that give out Uri (Buy it with your play time)
    • You can get killed by other players or the NPC's.
    • Check the NPC F.A.Q. to see what NPC's give Uri (generally Bosses pay out the best).
  • Use phone text (***) - A few people have had problems with this method. That's why there is a section in the Forums ("Payment Problems") and an eMail address (Support.EN@DarkOrbit.com) to report these problem transactions.
  • Use a Credit or Debit Card (***) - A few people have had problems with this method. Again, that's why the "Payment Problems" Forum section and the eMail address exist.
  • Use PayPal, Click and Buy, Moneybookers, or Wiretransfer (***) - Again, a few people have had issues. Again, that's why the "Payment Problems" Forum section and the eMail address exist.
*** All of the real money for Uri methods involve some kind of electronic transfer of funds or information that results in the transfer of funds. This means two machines are "talking" to each other and things can ocassionally go wrong.

My choice has been to minimize the number of transactions I do by using Bank Multipliers and Happy Hours. So far it has worked well for me. Just remember that Mr. Murphy is alive and well in all things and use the methods that exist ("Payment Problems" and Support.EN@DarkOrbit.com) to recover, if needed.

Hope this answers your questions...
Old 22.07.2008, 22:55   #7
Midrange
Living Forum Legend

you can't buy uridium with credits.

buy uridium only by using real money
Click here for more information

have a nice day
Old 07.08.2008, 13:17   #8
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Pfeil Banking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorbitpremium6 View Post
what happens when you have a bankingdoubler, and you book in a mega happy hour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perelandra View Post
It's _Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]'s sticky at top page.
All bonus work the same.
1 uridium bought
1 uridium match by doubler
1 uridium match by Mega happy hour

5 uridium total for each bought
Each bonus works only on uridium bought. Bonuses do not multiply the free uridium you got from other bonus.
WARNING: These calculations only work with "Old Style" Banking Multipliers. "New Style" Banking Multipliers DO NOT "stack" as described below. Do NOT assume your Banking Multiplier will work this way UNLESS it is an "Old Style" (pre ~ Sep 2008) Multiplier...

DOP6 -

From the original post:
"""--> (x3) Mega Happy Hour used with (x2) Doubler:
(x3) Hour Bonus gives another 2 "Units": (60,000 Uri)
(x2) Bank Bonus gives another "Unit": (30,000 Uri TOTAL: 120,000)
Total of 4 "units"."""
Perelandra -
Close, but not quite: Here is your setup, corrected to get the correct answer:

(x2) Bank Doubler used during an (x3) Mega Happy Hour:
Bought: 1 Uridium
Bonus: + 1 Uridium Bonus by (x2) Doubler
Bonus: + 2 Uridium Bonus by (x3) Mega happy hour
TOTAL: Get 4 Uridium for each Uridium you buy

The key here is that you get 1 LESS than the Multiplier as the Bonus:
(x2) gives 1 as Bonus
(x4) gives 3 as Bonus...

Last edited by _Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP] : 04.09.2009 at 02:02. Reason: reflect Sep 2008 changes
Old 14.08.2008, 08:35   #9
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Pfeil Banking: Happy Hour timing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedog07 View Post
ok. i'm just wondering but is there a happy or mega happy hour every day? or is it just like random days at random times? because i have a banking tripler and i want to wait until a mega happy hour but i want to know when i should be on to get a hold of that because i don't want to sit on my computer all day logging in every hour just to check it. i'm not home all the time. so i was just wondering if there is like some way i can know when the happy hours are and if they are every day
All DarkOrbit Support will say is that it is random days and times. (Would be sort of foolish for them to announce the timing for a "random" event...) In my experience that is correct as I have yet to detect a predictable pattern (i.e. non-random).
Old 05.09.2008, 07:33   #10
_Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP]
Forum Freak

Pfeil Banking Answers: to date

To all -
The August event that had Banking Multipliers in Bonus Boxes is over: Banking Multipliers??? in the Official Announcements section of the DarkOrbit Headquarters.
Any that you have collected will remain active until you use it to purchase Uridium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -vapour- View Post
can i have udirums 2 buy lf3 n iris plz n sheild can i have 500k plz
vapour:
480K Uridium costs US$148 (in real money) without Happy/Mega Happy Hour or Banking Multiplier Bonuses. Do you seriously expect this or any other stranger to just give you that amount of real money just because you asked for it?
It is not going to happen unless you figure out a way to pay for it up front with your own real money.

Your options are:
  • Buy it for real money using the Main Screen//Credits//To Banking screens.
    You can use Text, Phone, Wire Transfer, Direct Debit or Credit Card, PayPal or Moneybookers to buy Uridium.
  • Collect if by Killing NPC's.
    Amounts of Uridium awarded for Kills are listed in The DarkOrbit Bible: The list of aliens. and Alien Bosses
  • Collect it from Bonus Boxes.
    In addition to Credits, Ammunition and occasionally Banking Multipliers.
  • There is no "Credit Union", "Loan Shark" or other "Institution" available where you can "borrow" Uridium for later repayment. (There are no loans)
  • There is no method available to transfer Uridium (or Credits, or Ships, Equips, Extras or Ammunition for that matter) from the System, Other Players or any other source. (There are no gifts)
    (Single exception: Your Clan can transfer Credits to you, if they choose to.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperninja40201 View Post
UMM...... how do i port in the forums i can only figure out how to send replys
Sniperninja40201 -
I have no clear idea what you are asking about or why you are posting it in this Banking thread...
My best guest is that you want to Start a new thread (the first post in a subject area). To do that you must be in one of the Forum Sections (i.e. General Questions, Help for Newbies, Speakers Cornet, Clans A-M, etc.) and click on the "New Thread" button in the Upper Left corner of the Screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swcact View Post
I bleieve they work for uridium purchases only...sorry
Absolutely correct. Since they apply a Bonus to direct Purchases of Uridium and there is no Purchase of Uridium part of Packs, etc. to apply the Bonus to...

Last edited by _Z-Hawk_(xo)[BOP] : 05.09.2008 at 07:49. Reason: accuracy