There is a cluster of icons in the top right of the space map
which cannot be moved. These have been arranged around the Dark Orbit logo so as not to interfere with your view of space.
Log Out is exactly what it says it is; it logs you out of the Space Map. If you do not log out, the ship will remain active on the Space Map for 15 minutes. Be sure to log out each time you wish to leave the Space Map.
You will not be able to log out whilst you are being attacked, or are in Galaxy Gates
, Jackpot Battle
, etc. You can cancel the log out process at any time by clicking the 'CANCEL' button, or the Power button at the top left of the window.
The Help button will direct you here; there are also various tool tips given on screen for you.
Clicking this will bring up the Settings menu, which has several options for you to look through, and activate or deactivate based on personal preference. Click "Save" to save all the changes you make; click "Cancel" to close the settings box. If you click Reset, it will ignore any changes made, and will revert the Space Map settings to default. It will also reset the resolution of the Space Map to the recommended one for your screen (this includes returning all ingame windows/menus to their default position).
At the top of the settings window are 4 tabs, each for different game areas that can be adjusted. The first is the Display settings.
The resolution of the Space Map screen can be changed in the drop-down menu; select the one you wish, and click save
. You must wait for 10 seconds, then you can log out of the Space Map and then launch it again. The resolution of the Space Map can only be changed within the dimensions of your screen/desktop resolution.
Underneath this, you can choose to "preload" the ships. This means that when you load the Space Map, the more complex designs are cached; if it is not selected then it will load the simplified ships first, and then render the more complex designs after one or two seconds.
You can also change the quality of the graphics based on certain presets using the horizontal slider. If you have a low FPS, you can reduce the settings to increase performance. If you do not wish to use the preset settings, but customize them yourself, click on the Advanced mode
Specialised options will appear when this button is clicked, and all of them are selectable via the drop-down menus. You can choose the quality of settings for the individual features based on your preference. You can choose between high and low for all settings; some settings may have more options.
The second tab is the gameplay settings.
These settings control how some of the different functions in the game work:
- Automatic weapons upgrade by activating lab CPU – If you have a lab CPU you can activate or deactivate the automatic upgrading of the CPU with this function.
- Change ammo/rocket type automatically – when you run out of one type of ammunition, it will automatically switch to the next best ammo type with this activated.
- Auto-refine raw materials - if you are a premium user then you can activate or deactivate the auto refinement process with this.
- Start and stop attacks using the shortcut bar – if you select an ammo type on the shortcut bar then click an opponent, it will automatically attack them with this function activated
- Log into client automatically – with this activated, when you sign into your account the space map will automatically load up as well.
- Double click to launch attack – having this option activated will mean that if you double click on an opponent then it will automatically attack them.
The Interface Settings
control what is and is not shown on the UI for you, you can change many settings so that you only see what you wish to see:
- Resolution – you can change the resolution of the space map with this, when you change it you must wait 5 seconds, log off from the space map, and then back in for the new resolution to take effect.
- Show player names – you can activate and deactivate the player names on the space map.
- Show resources – you can choose to see the resources on the map or not
- Show bonus boxes – you can choose to see the bonus boxes or not
- Show increasing hit count – you can choose to show the damage values or not
- Show drones – you can choose to see the full visuals for drones, or just a "dot" representation of them under your name.
- Show cargo boxes – you can choose to see cargo boxes or not.
- Show cargo boxes which are not free – this makes cargo boxes that do not belong to you visible or not, deactivation of this is good to avoid accidental cargo theft.
- Display game performance messages - If your FPS drops below 14, then you will get a message asking you to change your performance settings, if you wish to turn this message off you can do so by deselecting this option.
- Always allow drag-able windows – you can choose to make the boxes drag-able or have them fixed.
- Show background – you can choose to make the background of the boxes on the space map see-through or not
The last of the settings tabs is the sound settings:
Trade Raw Materials
- Play music - you can choose to have the background music on or off.
- Play sound effects - you can choose to have the sound effects on or off
This function will be available to you on the home bases (or everywhere if you have the trade drone). Clicking it will bring up the trade raw materials page.
At the top of the pop bar (As seen above) it shows Name of each type of raw material/Ore
that you can sell, Just Below the name is a Picture of the Ore
. The number of each that you have to trade
is below the picture, and the current value
is below that and above the Sell tab..
You can use the arrows to select how much you wish to sell, or you can enter the value in the text field by typing it. You can then click sell to sell that particular raw material.
can also be exchanged for Galaxy Gate materializer spins here, simply type in the amount you wish to exchange and click exchange
**This can only be done at the Pirate base in 5-2 and not at normal base stations.
- Takes you back to the Shop located in your Hanger and Equipment area.
-Takes you to your home page for purchase of the Uridium with actual currency.
When at a jump portal you can use this button, or press the J key, to jump through the portal. Some jumps will be restricted due to your level, if so you will get a message telling you that your level is not high enough.
Clicking this button will open up the refine and upgrade screen. The Refining screen shows the current resources in the cargo hold, and how they can be refined into the higher level minerals:
Prometium, Endurium and Terbium can be collected in space.
One unit of prometid uses 20 prometium and 10 endurium during creation.
It gives a 15% increase to firepower when allocated to laser or rockets.
One unit of Duranium uses 10 endurium and 20 terbium during creation. It gives a 10% performance increase when allocated to engines or shields.
One unit of Promerium uses 10 prometid, 10 duranium and 1 Xenomit during creation. It gives a 30% increase to firepower, and a 20% performance increase to generators.
This information can be seen by hovering the mouse cursor over the appropriate mineral.
The second tab is the Upgrade
screen where you can upgrade ammunition and generators to increase firepower or performance.
At the top of this pop up it shows the current lower level minerals you have.
The main part to focus on here is the lower part. You can drag and drop the desired resources onto the desired areas.
– Prometid, Promerium and Seprom
– Prometid, Promerium and Seprom
– Duranium and Promerium
– Duranium, Promerium and Seprom
Once you drag the resource to the appropriate place, a pop up will appear asking you to select how much you wish to allocate to that area. You can select the amount from the drop down menu, and then click upgrade to allocate them.
At the very bottom of the pop up you can see that the number or rounds upgraded, or time remaining is shown, make sure you don't run out!
This option will only be available after you have been destroyed, it will instantly repair your ship back to full hit points.
This uses 10 repair Credits!
The number slightly above the spanner shows how many Fast Repairs you have left.
Switch ships no matter where you are thanks to the brand new warp technology
Attention: The warp will be aborted if you come under attack!
Need more speed or stronger weapons? Simply select a ship from your hangar and it will be teleported to you immediately. Your old ship will be sent back to the hangar.
Warps function with jump credits, so make sure you have plenty on hand. If you do not have enough jump credits, you may also use Uridium.
- Click the ship warp symbol in the upper right corner of the map
- Select the new ship and commence warping
- The ships will be swapped out immediately and you can continue on immediately
This Icon gives you the option to play the game in fullscreen mode or turn it off and play in standard mode.
Here is were you see where the clans are ranked in the Hierarchy.
Q: Whats company hierarchy?
The company hierarchy shows how clans are doing in CBS fighting. Every company has got its own tab in the game client. The first nine places will be shown and right at the bottom you will find the placement of your own clan
Thank you to Sephiroth for his input on this thread