Darkorbit

Darkorbit (http://en.board.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/index.php)
-   Help for Newbies 2009 (http://en.board.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/forumdisplay.php?f=779)
-   -   Goliath PvP configuration ? (http://en.board.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/showthread.php?t=122408)

Nightcookie 21.07.2009 23:33

Goliath PvP configuration ?

Hi I'm still new. :)

Erm been playing 24 days, I'm lvl 12, almost 13, and I've just got FE Goliath, and my drones just hit lvl 6, which seemed tough, as it took at least 10mill EP to do it (from lvl 5-6).

I've not been at work, so yes, I've been playing too much, and I took advantage of a mega happy hour.

Anyways, as the title says, what is a good pvp config for a Goliath ?
Now I'm FE, and able to make about 5mill credits a day, 2k uri a day, and about 1mill EP whatever, and I don't need anything, so I'm beginning to stock up high level ammo to pvp. And I'm starting to pvp. I'm using almost max everything, yet I still seem to be losing fairly badly.

I'm just being completely outgunned, ie my hp's just seem to go down at double the rate theirs does, which I don't understand, considering I'm using max everything. Including smart bombs, 3 second shield, x3/4 lasers, and the best rockets. I'm using full refining also.

What are the important things to focus on, for Goliath pvp ?

Currently, I'm using;
1. Damage/Shields. 30 lasers, 15 shields, 0 engines. Very slow, designed to do sit and do damage, and take some.
2. Speed/Shields. 15 lasers, 16 shields, 15 engines. Very fast, designed to get me out of a tight spot, or to chase someone and finish them off.

Now I'm having no problems surviving if thats what I want to do, I can escape anything, but actually winning 1v1 is beyond me. I'd like to be able to win something... :D

Anyone got any idea's for a style of pvp that works in a Goliath ?
Or am I just .... :eek:

Commander-Of-Chaos 21.07.2009 23:43

you have the exact set-up i have.. it has worked very well for me... I have just topped 1,000 ship kills.. :D (but i dont solo... I hunt in packs of at least 2) lol

.POWERHOUSE. 21.07.2009 23:44

winning a set up 1v1 in a goli... i run a side with shields on ship and drones, other side i run with all guns and shields on ship

i start with the shielded side to deprive the opponent of strength and gain the upper hand then switch to battle side and hopefully kill them

Nightcookie 21.07.2009 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander-Of-Chaos (Post 683275)
you have the exact set-up i have.. it has worked very well for me... I have just topped 1,000 ship kills.. :D (but i dont solo... I hunt in packs of at least 2) lol

Ahh thanks for that, you've given me hope. :cool:

Yeah I think the don't solo maybe a valid point, I have just been invited to a very good hunting guild, and in a team, I may have it just perfect.

Commander-Of-Chaos 21.07.2009 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightcookie (Post 683282)
Ahh thanks for that, you've given me hope. :cool:

Yeah I think the don't solo maybe a valid point, I have just been invited to a very good hunting guild, and in a team, I may have it just perfect.

are u MMO, VRU, or EIC???

Nightcookie 21.07.2009 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander-Of-Chaos (Post 683292)
are u MMO, VRU, or EIC???

VRU.
You ?

And thanks as well Powerhouse, yeah I see what you are saying, it looks seriously slow for me though, but I see you could duke it out.

Thanks for the answers though, it helps show me I'm on the right track, when you lose a load of fights, you begin to doubt yourself. :D

I think 1v1 and group pvp are very different by the sounds of it, and maybe I should focus on group. (As it is probably more rewarding all round).

Commander-Of-Chaos 22.07.2009 00:02

i'm MMO... but b4 that i was EIC... maybe we will bump into each other ;);)

Nightcookie 22.07.2009 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander-Of-Chaos (Post 683301)
i'm MMO... but b4 that i was EIC... maybe we will bump into each other ;);)

Hope not, as you will probably burst out laughing. :D

Got to admit, I think MMO are really good.

Look forward to seeing you, and hopefully I'm with someone by then.

.:TheWatcher:. 22.07.2009 06:04

Hi Nightcookie,

In my humble opinion, I would say that there are as many configurations as there are Users, and each user will swear by them. I prefer to run a "naked" configuration (no shields, speed on ship, and LF3 on all drones and ship) on 1st configuration when group hunting and all LF3 on ship and drones with shields and no speed on 2nd configuration. As for a pre-planned 1v1, most users try some type of "tank" configurations just to outlast their opponents.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

-]Iceman[- 22.07.2009 12:36

Try a "God Config" where you have the same config on each side. 15 Lasers and the rest shields on drones and ship.

Don't forget your Insta-Shield and Smart Bombs either!