Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Damoria > Damoria – the archive > Archive > Update and idea pool
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.07.2011, 20:54   #1
threefeetcat
Forum-Noob

Default speed of the game

1. I really think the game needs to be sped up.

building takes hours, troop travel takes hours...everything takes so long, many times after you give an order, there isn't much left to do until next day you log in to do something new.

if the pace of the game is sped up, then I would play a lot more. such as the speed of troops, and building times.

2. the storage is too small, for beginner levels at least. this affect play because, if you raid enemy troops at low levels, you won't be able to hold the resources anyways, so i just don't even bother looking for targets to attack. this makes beginning quite boring
Old 08.07.2011, 15:36   #2
Über_NooB
Commander of the Forum

1. In general, I do not think the game requires to be sped up. I wouldn't argue against troop movements being made a little faster but building and research times are fine.

Building times, on a baby castle, are nothing to complain about but as you grow and your level increases surely you can appreciate why the construction time goes up. To build a Storehouse to level 72 with a Construction Office at level 58 takes 13days 17hours 5min 26sec and in total cost approx 461.000.000 in resources combined. If you completed this in 2 days you would still have to wait for resource to mount before you could build anything else. So would you rather play a game where your building nothing and waiting on resources to accumulate or would you rather have buildings on the go constantly???? If you're looking for things to be quicker, increase your Contruction Office and Tournament Field.

2. You're raiding enemy troops at low levels? What levels are these? Attacking when you first start is near impossible. I can't remember from the top of my head but lets assume when you first join your castle has a wall at level 5. If someone was to attack you they would require 1750 Battering Rams to destroy 3 levels of wall (without research on either side).

I have a castle which is 33.636 in total points at the moment with the Catapult workshop at level 3. To build 90 Battering rams takes 54min 36 sec - by the time you have access to build battering rams your probably going to be going up against a Wall of atleast level 20.

SI: EN1 GO & EN2 S- GO

Damoria: -Üþë®_Ñööß-
Old 15.07.2011, 14:43   #3
threefeetcat
Forum-Noob

but that is what I am saying, the game pace is too slow for beginners.
I have no trouble understanding why building/research speed should be moved up significantly as level goes up, but at beginning levels the game is just too slow. I need to play for 2,3 weeks before i can actually do something with my troops.

comparing to other online empire-building games, you can move troops and attack and gain resource as fast as within 2, 3, 4 days of play time, this makes game exciting for new comers. This is why Damoria has a relatively smaller player base, because it's quite slow to get into the game. way too slow

as a comparison, i play another similar game as Damoria, started 1 week later than my Damoria account, but now I am doing 100 to 200 actions per day with that game. Where as right now I log in about 2, 3 times into this account to do only a few actions.

(note i am not promoting other games as I did not name the game)

Last edited by threefeetcat : 15.07.2011 at 14:46.
Old 15.07.2011, 14:53   #4
Über_NooB
Commander of the Forum

I understand what you are saying. It's been a little while since I was in your position I really do not see this being changed though. The whole mechanics of the game would have to be re-done. I personally wouldn't want BP messing around with anything unless they were 100% sure the coder knew what he was doing and used the correct coding language.

SI: EN1 GO & EN2 S- GO

Damoria: -Üþë®_Ñööß-