Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Battlestar Galactica Online > Battlestar Galactica Online - Game > Game Discussion Forum
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 16.10.2013, 23:15   #1
Wolf_ODonnell1
Forum Master

Default Is there a future?

Ive been reading over the dev blogs taking into account all the updates since the new dev team has taken over and have formulated a conclusion based onthese events and blogs.

This game may not see 2015 reason why i say that is simple from all the patches and blogs what i see is a dev team working for the short term profit gain not a long term one.

If they were concerned of a long term goal they would try to make this game a bit more appealing to newer players yet they have not infact they have made it even worse.

They are more focused on getting the current player base to spend money then to attract new players and get them to spend each new thing they have added has proven this as fact.

Now i know some of you players are BP cheerleaders and will taught their banner whenever someone speaks out on these matters.

But the facts are there the roadmap they so talk about is a short one and one aimed at the short term not the long if something isnt done soon to start attracting new players to make life a bit easier for them to get started then this game is on the clock for shut down.

Is there a future beyond 2015? if something isnt done soon i say no there isnt
Old 16.10.2013, 23:16   #2
cprstupid
Emperor of the Forum

No your 100% right the game was shut down last week. You can stop posting now.

Last edited by cprstupid : 16.10.2013 at 23:26.
cprstupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.10.2013, 01:04   #3
Fotns
Forum Duke

On topic, Yes there is a future. Is there an end? of course, lets hope we get some good content before that day.
Old 17.10.2013, 01:34   #4
Avrelion
Someday Author

Default Commercials

...Actually i see little commercials for BSGO pop up on gaming websites lately. Logic dictates that someone who spends on recruitment is not going to pull the plug next week. Of course, illogic dictates erratic behavior but erm... if i think too much along those lines, i may end up like Casaubon, haunted by the Tres.

So no, BP is not going to kill this game all too soon.

--

~Avrelion, Strikes live fast die quickly
ID: 969988
Wing: United Federation Fleet
Colour: blue
Server: Canceron

~Krav_Maga, Algorithmically Computable
ID: 1496359
Wing: Hybrid Model Series
Colour: red
Server: Virgon
Avrelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.10.2013, 02:41   #5
leo_bartlet
Forum Expert

Is there a future?

Yes

leo_bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.10.2013, 02:56   #6
bloke52
Forum Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_bartlet View Post
Is there a future?

Yes
Is there a bright one?

Probably not.

I was wondering, if its not so much to ask - if BP has any management positions available?
bloke52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.10.2013, 03:16   #7
SovietSafe
Forum Great Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke52 View Post
Is there a bright one?

Probably not.
Typically Bloke I really don't agree with you, but you speak some truth here.

On Aerilon at least, once the faction switch was done and over we had a very balanced game. The sector control bar would stay in the middle if not slightly in favor of the cylons. This was an amazing game to play during that time.

Of course, as you said, they've made it harder to play for lower levels. And also it drove away many of our experienced players. So we are left with a few high level, über experienced players who have mainly stayed for their friends.

First was that debacle with the Ducting nerf. I was quite satisfied. I never relied on ductings and I supported that nerf. A ship that size just shouldn't have that much avoidance. So I turned a cheek when anyone complained their precious ductings were nerfed. My problem was the engine sale and how things evidently were handled.

All we got in return was "We are sorry. It won't happen again." IMO an apology is no reimbursement for the hundreds some people spent to actually upgrade the things. Therefore, I feel some sort of reimbursement is necessary.

Secondly we were hit with the water cap. Again, I really disn't care because I never mined 40k water in a day anyways, but then I tried to set up shop in Aquaria and holy mackerel. The cap was supposed to make an equal playing field? Lol
We will never get equality until low levels aren't pitted against those high levels. Effectively, the only way to advance is to find a good wing from the start and farm plenty of high level NPCs, or drop lots of cash.

It doesn't matter if you wanted it to make an equal playing field, it made things fall towards "pay to win" much more.

Because of shoddy business, no communication between BP and their customers, and this "milk the players while you can" mentality BSGO has lost lots of players amd has effectively undone what took years to accomplish.

Once SC rolls out things will be much harder for BP here. Therefore, they should be at least concerned about their players and do everything they can to keep customers here and convince them it's ok to spend money on our game, not restrict them and ultimately convince many players BP doesn't want them.

MY ARMOR IS CONTEMPT
MY SHIELD IS DISGUST
MY SWORD IS HATRED
IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME, LET NONE SURVIVE
E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-U-S

Last edited by SovietSafe : 17.10.2013 at 03:23.
SovietSafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.10.2013, 04:32   #8
bloke52
Forum Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSafe View Post
Typically Bloke I really don't agree with you, but you speak some truth here.

On Aerilon at least, once the faction switch was done and over we had a very balanced game. The sector control bar would stay in the middle if not slightly in favor of the cylons. This was an amazing game to play during that time.

Of course, as you said, they've made it harder to play for lower levels. And also it drove away many of our experienced players. So we are left with a few high level, über experienced players who have mainly stayed for their friends.

First was that debacle with the Ducting nerf. I was quite satisfied. I never relied on ductings and I supported that nerf. A ship that size just shouldn't have that much avoidance. So I turned a cheek when anyone complained their precious ductings were nerfed. My problem was the engine sale and how things evidently were handled.

All we got in return was "We are sorry. It won't happen again." IMO an apology is no reimbursement for the hundreds some people spent to actually upgrade the things. Therefore, I feel some sort of reimbursement is necessary.

Secondly we were hit with the water cap. Again, I really disn't care because I never mined 40k water in a day anyways, but then I tried to set up shop in Aquaria and holy mackerel. The cap was supposed to make an equal playing field? Lol
We will never get equality until low levels aren't pitted against those high levels. Effectively, the only way to advance is to find a good wing from the start and farm plenty of high level NPCs, or drop lots of cash.

It doesn't matter if you wanted it to make an equal playing field, it made things fall towards "pay to win" much more.

Because of shoddy business, no communication between BP and their customers, and this "milk the players while you can" mentality BSGO has lost lots of players amd has effectively undone what took years to accomplish.

Once SC rolls out things will be much harder for BP here. Therefore, they should be at least concerned about their players and do everything they can to keep customers here and convince them it's ok to spend money on our game, not restrict them and ultimately convince many players BP doesn't want them.
What's not to agree with? Sure I'm pessimistic the majority of the time (Can't blame me for that ). But its for good reason. If players only knew what I know about BP and this game, they would probably delete their accounts.

Anyways - pretty much a spot on post. It's crazy short term thinking in a game with such long term potential. Crazy...

I was wondering, if its not so much to ask - if BP has any management positions available?
bloke52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.10.2013, 12:26   #9
leo_bartlet
Forum Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke52 View Post
Is there a bright one?

Probably not.
Depends on what your definition of bright is I suppose.

For my part I dont expect anything truly amazing from the roadmap and if and when any big changes occur it will probably be in the first quarter of 2014 so we have a good 3 months or so of the usual waiting and wailing.

leo_bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote