Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Battlestar Galactica Online > Battlestar Galactica Online - Game > General Questions and Help
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2013, 19:13   #1
xyzxyz666
Active Author

Default Change Unity to Stable?

I can't remember where the setting was for changing Unity Beta back to stable,I was on the Unity page clicking everywhere and I can't find it now.I have no Text in the new options/graphics menu and want to try fixing this .
Old 05.06.2013, 19:15   #2
tommisgr
Forum Ambassador

right click on the page of clearing cache

Virgon
I Fly All and Only Strikes
lvl: 180
ID: 421655
Use Your Equipment - Not Ammo
tommisgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.06.2013, 19:22   #3
xyzxyz666
Active Author

Default Unity settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommisgr View Post
right click on the page of clearing cache
Oh ya thanks...I had trouble finding that in the update last time too ,that is a near impossible setting to find!
Old 06.06.2013, 04:59   #4
Grashnak
Count Count

Erm... What does the setting do?

Last night ships were flickering blue for 30 mins b4 i got a unity crash. Haven't had that unity popup window - send error msg to unity, since forever

So before i go tinkering, what does it do?

I'll probably clear cache first before playing w the settings tho

My idea of "Help From Above" is a War Raider, just outside your Dradis Range...

---

Signature Artwork by NJ_Blitz

Grashnak's YouTube Channel - Scythe & Banshee Videos Here

Beacon Droppers Guide courtesy of Tek_Jansen
Grashnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.06.2013, 05:08   #5
Rhaegon
Super Moderator BSGO

You can find out more information about Release Channels here: http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentatio...rChannels.html

It's preferred that players have Release setting selected. You can check which setting you have selected in the following link: http://unity3d.com/webplayer/setup/
Right click BGO and you will see the option to check your Release Channel.

Rhaegon
Old 06.06.2013, 06:44   #6
xyzxyz666
Active Author

After trying the "stable" selection my ship froze the computer the first time I tried to dock. I then put it to "release" and the game ran all day with no more problems.The graphic frame rate did speed up a whole bunch too ,all my lag was gone.
Old 06.06.2013, 07:58   #7
-OldViking-
Advanced

BSGO has stored so far up to 1.5GB On my hard disk, release channel: Stable and never experienced any lag whatsover.. And my laptop isn't that gr8 either, 2GB ram ddr3 with 2.2GHz, dual core.. I tried running Beta, Alpha, stable.. All three were working properly, maybe it wasn't the unity causing the lag? Just saying..

Might sound silly and maybe some will start a huge argument here but if you don't have Windows 8, get it. I have it and it works like charm with games.. Really nice and smooth gaming on W8, and it's way easier to use..
-OldViking- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09.06.2013, 06:31   #8
xyzxyz666
Active Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -OldViking- View Post
BSGO has stored so far up to 1.5GB On my hard disk, release channel: Stable and never experienced any lag whatsover.. And my laptop isn't that gr8 either, 2GB ram ddr3 with 2.2GHz, dual core.. I tried running Beta, Alpha, stable.. All three were working properly, maybe it wasn't the unity causing the lag? Just saying..

Might sound silly and maybe some will start a huge argument here but if you don't have Windows 8, get it. I have it and it works like charm with games.. Really nice and smooth gaming on W8, and it's way easier to use..
I have a dual boot computer both Windows xP and window 7 and I have tried Vista as well , I have not tried Windows 8 yet but from past experience all games I ever tried ran at a faster frame rate with Windows XP and XP has never had a serous crash where I had to re-install the operating system but Vista and win7 had serious crashes that destroyed the hard drives.
Old 09.06.2013, 16:07   #9
nemanja82
Someday Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzxyz666 View Post
After trying the "stable" selection my ship froze the computer the first time I tried to dock. I then put it to "release" and the game ran all day with no more problems.The graphic frame rate did speed up a whole bunch too ,all my lag was gone.
please tell me whyt u do i have problem with freeze and unity crash
nemanja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09.06.2013, 21:03   #10
sensDS
Forum Commissioner

Stable is a term used in the software development community to designate the previous version/build. It doesn't necessarily guarantee full compliance with the most recent (release) build In a sense a stable build has be tested and proven reliable but more often than not, it's just the previous iteration.