Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Battlestar Galactica Online > Battlestar Galactica Online - Archive > Archive > General Discussion and Questions
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 13.01.2013, 10:21   #1
stichit
Forum Great Master

Default Game tutorials

Looking back at the start of my adventure in the BSGO/BGO universe.

I started playing and found The game had a tutorial. I my self really not one for tutorials, skipped it to begin with. I find it is some what fun to learn the controls and how to do things with in the game on my own.

After about lvl 3 or so i went back and done a few to see what i had missed. I feel like i really didnt miss much except a few minor exploits that the players and developers knew about. They were short very simplistic missions that done the normal thing and gave you a little bit of a story line to follow.

After a while, I learned the devs went back and modified them. So, i went back and started a new account and player. They had done away with the exploits and added a lot of Higher quality graphics. ( This was about the time i noticed a larger amount of lag on my main character. )

At that time i knew players were asking for new content. I was still fairly new still most of the game was still new to me. I never really gave it much thought. Some time later they added a mission.
I want to say it was an attempt to add more content for the other players.

Looking at the now.

I see a new tutorial on troy right now. I feel the first one was Good enough. I think that this new one is going to build the Start of the game up to much.

I am sure there is a reason for doing this. I can't say that i know it. All i can say is, If a large task is dropped on my lap, I would ask myself where to start. In that sense it makes sense to start at the beginning of the game.

From my veiw This is the 3rd time tutorials have been made or remade.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ask this from the old players. Did you see a reason for the original tutorials to be remade?

I ask this from the med old players and old players. Do you see a reason for the now tutorials to be remade?

I ask everyone how do you feel about new tutorials?

( A lot to read thanks for reading to the end.)
Old 13.01.2013, 11:48   #2
-Nevioni-
Forum Connoisseur

Did you know that during the *cough* tutorial when the two basestars show up to destroy the fleet if you ignore Starbucks order to return to galactica you can fly over to the basestars and blow them up.. if your willing to sit there long enough to do it (only reason i was willing was because my dinner was landed in front of me) and earn some extra xp and scrap for when ya start :-)

P.S i know that was a pointless response but i felt like writing something that wasn't a retort to a complaint for a change
----------------------------------------Evil Strike Pilot-----------------------------------

Last edited by -Nevioni- : 13.01.2013 at 11:52.
Old 13.01.2013, 12:09   #3
-Nevioni-
Forum Connoisseur

Also if you read the official developer statment that was posted today they say the are going to introduce a new tutorial.

so there ya go problem solved :-D
----------------------------------------Evil Strike Pilot-----------------------------------
Old 13.01.2013, 12:15   #4
dalliance1
Commander of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nevioni- View Post
Also if you read the official developer statment that was posted today they say the are going to introduce a new tutorial.

so there ya go problem solved :-D

Erm ...doh ....what do you think we have been testing on Troy this weekend lol.

sorry dont take me personally just couldnt resist ! lol

Old 13.01.2013, 12:20   #5
-Nevioni-
Forum Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalliance1 View Post
Erm ...doh ....what do you think we have been testing on Troy this weekend lol.

sorry dont take me personally just couldnt resist ! lol
hahaha shame on me for not reading the op's entire comment *feels ashamed completly ashamed*
Old 13.01.2013, 15:11   #6
stichit
Forum Great Master

I really am not trying to complain. This just some constructive thoughts on new and old tutorials and how i felt about them.

I would really like to know what others think also about the tutorials.
Old 13.01.2013, 15:37   #7
MeatbagSlayer
All knowing Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stichit View Post
I would really like to know what others think also about the tutorials.
Meh. What about'em? Still the same "high potential, dismally low scores for living up to said potential" game.

...With a new, sleek intro to build expectations even higher before the inevitable disappointment with The Same Old Grind™ sets in.

-shrug-