Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Battlestar Galactica Online > Battlestar Galactica Online - Archive > Archive > Technical Issues and Bugs
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 25.09.2011, 17:00   #1
timc1
Forum-Greenhorn

Default unity player is not working

I have been in the game playing for several months. I have had no issues with the game. Last night i logged into the first page then when i went to play now it reset inet explorer. I could not get the game to start so i could play. I uninstalled unity player and attempted to reinstall it. When i reinstalled my norton antivirus said that several of the downloaded files where medium threats and removed from my computer. Now everytime i reinstall unity player i get the same issues. Without unity player i cannot play the game online. I would like to know what the issue is and how do i fix it. I have no issues with my computer and no issues with any other websites. i do not believe i have any viruses as that would affect other apps or programs as well. is anyone else having any issues with the unity player downloading? any help would be appreciated.
Old 25.09.2011, 17:05   #2
Liberator24
Advanced

Download unity from bsgo. Also set your antivirus to allow unity through. You might also try running the game on google chrome.
Old 25.09.2011, 17:10   #3
timc1
Forum-Greenhorn

i have always downloaded from bsgo i dont know where else to download it from lol. i will try these items to see if it works. ty for the help
Old 25.09.2011, 17:51   #4
timc1
Forum-Greenhorn

Default unity player

neither of these fixed the issue. when i login on first page im ok. when i try to "start game" the new window pops up and immediately says the bigpoint website has caused internet exporer to shut down and recover tab. it will not send me to the next screen. i dont know whats going on. i have tried setting permissions in norton as well as uninstalling and reinstalling. i continue to get the norton warning saying that the mono.security.dll, mscorlib.dll, system.core.dll, and system.dll files are removed due to medium threats. i have gone into norton and restored these files to my computer but have not been successful in logging in. is there a possible issue with the download from the bsgo site?
Old 25.09.2011, 17:53   #5
timc1
Forum-Greenhorn

there is a link in the forums that says to clear unity cache. when i click on that link it takes me to unity then says the same thing as when i try to "start game". the website has caused inet explorer to shut down then recover tab
Old 25.09.2011, 18:01   #6
Liberator24
Advanced

Try using a different browser. Google chrome and dream work best.
Old 26.09.2011, 18:13   #7
JamboSab[HUN]
Forum-Noob

Hello All,
I have the same problem. I tried Google Chrome, Firefox, but the problem is not the browser. Norton Internet Security find "WS.Reputation.1" in the Unity files (in system.core.dll, and in mono.security.dll). I tried reinstall the Unity (after uninstalling i deleted the unity rest files in the Documents & Settings library), but the reinstall not helped. After starting the BSGO the Norton deleting the 2 Unity files.
Old 26.09.2011, 18:14   #8
Liberator24
Advanced

Tell norton to let bgo through its firewall.