Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Battlestar Galactica Online > Battlestar Galactica Online - Archive > Archive > Technical Issues and Bugs
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2011, 08:54   #1
birdog
Forum-Apprentice

Default Unity web player wont load game.

Second bug report on this issue, will do it properly this time as I was tired last night, just before the maintenance last night my account was suffering lots of lag in the game, I was in a squad of 10 attacking colonial systems when I broke away from main squad to attack another player at this point the game froze on me, I could see player but my ship continued to move without my control. I left the game for about two minutes then relogged to find myself roughly back where I was, again without control apart from acouple of instances when the game caught up. I relogged again to find myself at the system landing point, no control, two more player ships in view and chat system working. I relogged again and unity would not load the game showing errors such as "file too long" and "corrupted file" now it gives "file too long every time.

Login- birdog
Character- stonedsailor
OS windows 7 home premium
Processor- AMD sempron 140
Memory- 2gb DDR
Browsers- Explorer, Chrome, Firefox (all with same loading issue)

I installed unity on my laptop to test if this problem was related to my PC but results were the same, I cleared unity cache on my PC and even unistalled then reinstalled Unity to no avail.

Hope this helps.
Old 04.02.2011, 09:19   #2
Fountain
Junior Expert

Hello birdog, there was a new Hotfix deployed last night, which will require the usual cache clear routine, it's important you get the steps in the right order ... .. .

1. Clear Unity cache, link in my sig.

2. Clear browser cache, link in my sig.

3. Consider also running CCleaner it will tidy up a lot of loose ends.

4. Reboot, then start again.

After doing all that we can start to narrow down your own individual problems, if it's just a question of severe lag, please post your ISP connection speed, and, a tracert to the game server.

BGO Wiki

Fountain - dispensing quality bubbles of wisdom wherever possible, catch 'em if you can!

How to clear your browser cache , and, How to clear your Unity cache
Old 04.02.2011, 09:37   #3
birdog
Forum-Apprentice

Hi fountain. I am pretty sure that the problem is not at my end, I have tried all the points you have mentioned except for cclean I am downloading it now. Having played Eve online for years I am well versed in clearing caches etc to get things running smoothly and have tried all the tricks I know.
I am not sure if this is related but I am getting a lot of messages on the forums today saying that "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." Maybe there are one or two issues on your end of things. Just a thought.

EDIT- Have ran the cleaner with no improvement in the issue. There is also this post with the same problem, both emerging yesterday, http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bgo/sho...d.php?t=296747

I have now tried to log into the game using a friends wireless router and the same problem remains, so to recap-

Two machines used using three different browsers on each, both machines having had their internet caches cleared on each browser, ccleaner run on both machines then rebooted, Unity cache cleared, two different internet connections used with laptop.

I am not an expert in IT but my opinion is that the problem lies on the game end of things, I am not trying to stir things up as I am very impressed with the game and shall be playing and promoting it to friends when the game goes fully live. I would be happy just to have my account reset as I was really getting sucked into the game and want to play and play but if there is a problem there then you guys need to get it sorted, that is why I wanted to Beta test, I am happy to be given the opportunity to say that I have played a part (no matter how little) in getting a great game up and running.

I hope this helps and if I can be of any more assistance let me know.

Last edited by birdog : 04.02.2011 at 11:23.
Old 04.02.2011, 12:46   #4
birdog
Forum-Apprentice

Ticket now sent to support.
Old 04.02.2011, 14:12   #5
bth_halo
Forum-Noob

Hi guys,

In firefox the following works (for me). Close firefox down. Re-open. Go to http://unity3d.com/gallery/live-demos/tropical-paradise. Wait for the game trial to load. Then enter BSGO. Then play. Hope this works.

Halo
Old 04.02.2011, 22:44   #6
NeutronStar
Padavan

Unity is a very stable platform so this is quite a rare issue but every ticket the tech guys see helps us get it perfect

NeutronStar

ALWAYS POST YOUR USER ID
Old 04.02.2011, 23:31   #7
birdog
Forum-Apprentice

A wee bit more info for the developers, as we are all Beta testers this is why we have the privelege of playing the game before anyone else, we are here to help, I managed to get passed the initial loading page but was met with another error.

After getting the "welcome to BGO" message I got an error message which said "wrong session" I hope this helps and will not add it to my ticket because there is a message in the announcements forum which says that the devs are aware of the problems and are working on the situation. I trust a mod from here will bring this to their attention in the hope that it is of some assistance.

I will take this opportunity to say to my fellow testers on here that, for this specific problem, you do not seem to be giving much details of what's happening to your system, the more info the devs have the better.

EDIT- got to the actual game loading new message reads- Error sending: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted in your host machine. at System.Net.Socket.Send ((System.Byte buf,Int32 offset, Int32 size, socketFlags flags)
[0x00000] at Connection.Sendmessage (BgoprotocolWriter message) [0x00000]

Last edited by birdog : 04.02.2011 at 23:41. Reason: new info
Old 04.02.2011, 23:49   #8
Fountain
Junior Expert

Hello again birdog, sorry I missed you earlier, by literally minutes, I encountered one of those real life NPC's with about 3M hp, took a while to take it down.

Thank you for your continued, and level headed feedback, Socket Errors in general relate to network issues, not all of the time, but, most of the time.

Could I again ask what your ISP connection speed is, and, for a tracert to the server?

While the Dev's look at the ticket (which they will, they look at them all) I can maybe help with a few network issues.

BGO Wiki

Fountain - dispensing quality bubbles of wisdom wherever possible, catch 'em if you can!

Old 04.02.2011, 23:58   #9
birdog
Forum-Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain View Post
Hello again birdog, sorry I missed you earlier, by literally minutes, I encountered one of those real life NPC's with about 3M hp, took a while to take it down.

Thank you for your continued, and level headed feedback, Socket Errors in general relate to network issues, not all of the time, but, most of the time.

Could I again ask what your ISP connection speed is, and, for a tracert to the server?

While the Dev's look at the ticket (which they will, they look at them all) I can maybe help with a few network issues.
Hi again Fountain, I ran some speed tests on my connection earlier and it would seem there may be some issues with the broadband up here in Northern Scotland, I am betting that BT blame the weather my connection speed is down to about 400kbps-1gbps I'm not sure how to perform the tracert perhaps you could help?
Old 04.02.2011, 23:59   #10
Fountain
Junior Expert

Yup one sec, will find the link, to save retyping, wait one

edit: here's the tracert guide, obviously in your case just focus on the EU server ... .. .

http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bgo/sho...18#post1519518

There's a few network tips that could help, I was talking to an Australian player the other day, let me go and find that link

*shuffles off*

edit2: found it ... .. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain View Post
Hello, while you check your ping times, a bit more on gaming boosters, they are available as free-ware which shut down non essential tasks on your PC, freeing up RAM for gaming, although with your specs you should be fine, however, as that line speed from Australia to the heart of Germany is holding you back, any slight boost would help.

I use the one from IObit , it's initially free, and works fine.

Here's a link to the Leatrix Latency Fix that should help also.

It may sound tedious, but, compare pings before and after the above, see what works best for you
You may also want to consult your ISP internal forums for advice on tweaking your router, MTU settings, etc.

Anyhow let me know how it goes, I was with a certain ISP for far too long, I know what it's like to be at the wrong end of a throttled line, and, spent many weeks looking to gain any edge at all.

BGO Wiki

Last edited by Fountain : 05.02.2011 at 00:10.