Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Battlestar Galactica Online > Battlestar Galactica Online - Server Discussion > Troy
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05.04.2013, 15:54   #1
Nick-Nugget
Global Team Leader

Default Troy up for testing – Unity 4 version!

Dear Pilots,

We brought our public test server Troy up for testing our new Unity 4 client build.

Please focus on testing the performance of the build in all different areas that have exposed weaknesses in the past. Which are:

• Client crashing
  • Client running slow / freezing
  • Loading times
  • Asset / Substances building time

Please obey: to achieve best performance results you will need to upgrade your Unity player to the latest version! This will happen automatically, but you may need to download the newest version here: http://unity3d.com/unity/download/ if you downgraded the player manually.

In order to be fully capable of testing we deleted all old accounts, but we’re not sending out mails with cubits this time –

just complete the “Docking assignment” (dock back to the Galactica / Base Star) and you will receive enough resources to visit the shops and benefit from the 99% discount!

Thanks very much for your help!

Your Battlestar Galactica Online Team
Old 05.04.2013, 16:16   #2
zatoichimk2
Forum Freak

Just a thought,you may want to have a dev/mod play session,to get as many people online as possible and in a big battle to give this a good stress test.No better way to test for crashes than flaks,player limit reached and the stars in one place :P

Have a problem with unity.I downloaded the new version,installed it.Now anytime i go to bsg/troy,it tells me the unity player is missing and to dl/install it.I've done this a further 3 times,and it's still telling me i don't have it.

No server works now,uninstalled,reinstalled older version of unity web player and went to my caprica account,still telling me i'm missing unity ffs.

Lmao,went back to the unity website,and it's still telling me i have no unity web player installed,depsite me sitting through god knows how many installs now,depsite me going to my fricrking control panel AND SEEING my web player right there,with option to uninstall it.I've tried older version,all versions,disabled firewall just incase....nothing works.

UPDATE
After much anger and hair pulling,i uninstalled everything again,and rebooted my comp.I was using waterfox before,this time i switched to standard mozilla firefox and redownloaded unity,it now works again...the problem seems to be with waterfox.

goodbye...ps,call me if update 17s watercap gets reversed XD

Last edited by zatoichimk2 : 05.04.2013 at 17:28.
Old 05.04.2013, 17:16   #3
dalliance1
Commander of the Forum

I am having similar problems , I un-installed the version I was using as it was version 3.5.4 , and went to log into the game in order to let the games website install the "latest" version of unity .

However after joining the game I discovered I was having graphical issues ......

PLEASE NOTE THAT NONE OF THESE ISSUES HAVE BEEN PRESENT WITH THE BUILD ON THE OTHER SERVERS .

I then checked the version of unity I was using via the unity website and although I had installed unity using the games official link it told me that I had version 3.7 installed and not version 4.0 .

I have now gone to unity's own website and am awaiting the download of unity version 4 from their archive .

more to follow ....

Update ---- after downloading and installing unity 4 .1 i checked the version number via the following link

http://unity3d.com/webplayer_setup/setup-3.x/

and the following is what it shows .....

( version number circled in red )

so even though I know I installed the latest version of unity the system is telling me that I have version 3.5.7 installed .

Dall

Last edited by dalliance1 : 05.04.2013 at 18:44.
Old 05.04.2013, 18:29   #4
McLaine
Commander of the Forum

Zatoi,

Waterfox will only work with the 64-bit web player, which you'll have to grab manually.

When you re-install unity web player from BSGO, or the regular unity links, it only uses the 32-bit player, which won't register with waterfox.
Old 05.04.2013, 18:32   #5
McLaine
Commander of the Forum

@Nick-Nugget

Anything new in this build, other than it being built compatible with unity 4?
Old 05.04.2013, 20:17   #6
GammaRayBurst
Emperor of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaine View Post
Anything new in this build, other than it being built compatible with unity 4?
No. This is just for testing the Unity 4 client build.
Old 05.04.2013, 20:23   #7
zatoichimk2
Forum Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaine View Post
Zatoi,

Waterfox will only work with the 64-bit web player, which you'll have to grab manually.

When you re-install unity web player from BSGO, or the regular unity links, it only uses the 32-bit player, which won't register with waterfox.
Yeah i had that at the beginning(which was why i was on waterfox,64 unity and waterfox works better on my machine),been using it for ages with no issues,it was after i upgraded to the 4.1 that it all went to hell.

Now,i might have(ok i was) in my impatience and anger been downloading regular unity after all my uninstalling shenanigans,but at the start with 64 unity player and upping to 4.1,it would not work on waterfox.

Anyway,not really having any other issues,but the chat on troy has been sluggish,sometimes takes a min after typing to apear.

goodbye...ps,call me if update 17s watercap gets reversed XD

Last edited by zatoichimk2 : 05.04.2013 at 20:27.
Old 05.04.2013, 20:40   #8
dalliance1
Commander of the Forum

Experiencing MAJOR graphical problems with the Troy build .

Please compare these 2 FRAPS recordings ....

the first is taken on Kobol ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAhVa...ature=youtu.be

( this is normal gameplay with no issues )

and then there is the Troy build ..........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYav...ature=youtu.be

Both these recording were taken this evening and were taken directly after each other.

Please pay attention in the second recording to the UI .

Also to add I am using the latest version of Unity ,

have attempted normal play on both servers , kobol is working within normal parameters however Troy is suffering from some major UI graphical glitches , as you can see in the above recording of gameplay on Troy , the UI tabs at the top right of the screen are "glitched" as are the tabs for "boost" etc .
When jumping the spinning wheel is glitchy , and again as you can see from the recording when I open the Nav map the icons are glitched .

Dall

Last edited by dalliance1 : 05.04.2013 at 22:42.
Old 05.04.2013, 21:31   #9
taikwandomaster3
Forum Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatoichimk2 View Post
Just a thought,you may want to have a dev/mod play session,to get as many people online as possible and in a big battle to give this a good stress test.No better way to test for crashes than flaks,player limit reached and the stars in one place :P

Have a problem with unity.I downloaded the new version,installed it.Now anytime i go to bsg/troy,it tells me the unity player is missing and to dl/install it.I've done this a further 3 times,and it's still telling me i don't have it.

No server works now,uninstalled,reinstalled older version of unity web player and went to my caprica account,still telling me i'm missing unity ffs.

Lmao,went back to the unity website,and it's still telling me i have no unity web player installed,depsite me sitting through god knows how many installs now,depsite me going to my fricrking control panel AND SEEING my web player right there,with option to uninstall it.I've tried older version,all versions,disabled firewall just incase....nothing works.

UPDATE
After much anger and hair pulling,i uninstalled everything again,and rebooted my comp.I was using waterfox before,this time i switched to standard mozilla firefox and redownloaded unity,it now works again...the problem seems to be with waterfox.
Waterfox gave me trouble too. There's a specific unity player you have to download for it. Its either a 32 or 64 bit version. But when I used it, it would freeze during a jump.
Old 05.04.2013, 21:49   #10
al3x4angel85
Forum-Apprentice

Hello i just installed the new unity and im in game , i dont have problems , my config on pc is processor quad core q6600 , video card nvidia gtx 660 ti cuda 2 , 4 gb ramm, windows xp 32 bits