Dear forum reader!

If you want to get actively involved in the Forum and participate in the discussions, or want to start your own thread or topic, you will have to log into the game first. We are looking forward to your next visit in our Forum! Please be sure to register if you do not own a game account. CLICK HERE
Go Back   Battlestar Galactica Online > Battlestar Galactica Online - Server Discussion > Scorpia
FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 15.10.2012, 21:15   #1
lagusa70
Forum Pro

Default I love being the bad guy

The reason colonials have more numbers than us is because the human condition dictates that you wanna be good even if deep down your bad as they come. The game is based off the show...Humans are good, cylons are bad, The show dictates this. So of course and I wouldnt be surprised if Colonials kept having the numbers its based off the show, good vs evil. Now if this game wasnt based off the show, then i believe it will be more balanced.

My point being this, faction switch or not, colonials will always have the numbers on Scorpia...period aint no getting around that. What we as Cylons need to figure out is (putting our ego's to the side) a better strategy.

FYI: Being a high level means nothing but you do your dailies everyday, it means nothing else. so stop thinkin cuz your a lvl 200 that people should respect you...Respect has to be earned, not given. Being a high lvl gives you no extra nothing and most are finished with their skills by lvl 70 or less.
Old 17.10.2012, 14:10   #2
Fonsworth
Regular

I think your skills are finished by 80+ if I recall but you could be right. Just be careful. Or else our resident forum colonial commander will start with the same song and dance in this thread lol.

And I'm like level 118 or 119 so you must take my advice noob.

(Jk if you didn't pick up on the sarcasm)
Old 17.10.2012, 15:16   #3
Tek_Jansen
Junior Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagusa70 View Post
The game is based off the show...Humans are good, cylons are bad, The show dictates this.
Not to get too deep or philosophical here, I don't think the show as a whole has a "humans good, Cylons bad" theme. While it's easy for us to identify with the show's human characters as the good guys, consider the decadance, debauchery, and irresponsible development that the characters - both active in the show and hidden in the backstories - repeatedly go through. The abuse of the initial Cylons by the 12 Colonies that caused the first Cylon war, the ensuing hatred of all things Cylon, the violence of Kobol all point to guys who are not "good."

Likewise, the Cylons are readily judged as "evil" at the show's beginning - they just wiped out all of humanity in the galaxy's worst children's temper tantrum against their parents; not to mention their total self-imposed annihilation on the wasted planet "Earth." But as the show progresses, you see that they hold to ideals that are noble (love being the most noble), culminating in the Civil War where half (minus one) of the Cylons come to join the humans over the Cylon majority's cruelty.

I think a more accurate statement would be "The game is based off the show... humans are flawed, Cylons are flawed." Sometimes they try to do the right thing; sometimes, they do the selfish thing, but most of the time, they're floating between the two. Ultimately, I think the same is true of the game. Those who choose the side they choose do so for their own reasons. While I wasn't sad to lose everyone we lost - and even as much as I razz those who've earned my respect as former Colonials - the choice is theirs.

Having gone about as deep into the show's themes and the human condition as I care to swim, allow me the choice to shoot down the "bad guys" down and stop the "evil" plan of the Cylons

P.S. - not even gonna respond to the typical qq of Cylon "underpopulation." You just got the Faction Switch. It's another six months before your "Plan" to force another faction switch by qq, sandbagging and Cylon "hibernation" is scheduled to start again. Give it a rest til April please.
This is ONE area where the game is EXACTLY like the show - "All of this has happened before and all this will happen again."
Old 17.10.2012, 15:20   #4
lagusa70
Forum Pro

Rotes Gesicht Sarcasm

If you read the join date under your name on this forum you will see that Im much more advanced then most of you people...I make more cubits in killing plats and PVP, than i do in dailies. Which i haven't done in almost 4 months. Enjoy your lvl 119 or 120, just remember it means something to you, not me.

Hey Fosnsworth aren't you a colonial?
Old 17.10.2012, 15:34   #5
Tek_Jansen
Junior Expert

Quote:
If you read the join date under your name on this forum you will see that Im much more advanced then most of you people...I make more cubits in killing plats and PVP, than i do in dailies. Which i haven't done in almost 4 months. Enjoy your lvl 119 or 120, just remember it means something to you, not me.
This argument for "superiority" never ceases to crack me up. You've sat on your *** and played a GAME longer than the others you so readily look down up. Congratulations... well earned, sir. I applaud you and offer you exactly the amount of respect you deserve for bragging about completing such an arduous feat
Please read Fonsworth's post more carefully, and you'll see he was being sarcastic.

In regards to Fonsworth, he was one of the 20+ former Colonials who became Cylons last week.
Old 17.10.2012, 15:37   #6
lagusa70
Forum Pro

Rotes Gesicht Hey hey

Dude i never watched the show, never will...with that being said, you gave a nice thesis on the show, but the fact remains the same, no matter how you dress it up.

I never asked for a faction switch and if you think having 10 colonials out of the supposed 25 that came over is gonna make a difference...well its not. You know it and i know it, we can bs with each other about it all day but we both know it aint gonna make a difference really and ex-colonial wallets will soon find out that spending over $1000, will still get you pwned. So i give them about 3 months and they will disappear too.

We as cylons cant work together on nothing...ego's, self righteous Cylons wont work with no one but their own. Thats our biggest downfall and if they do they bark at us like we are less than Cylon...who is gonna wanna be bothered with that crap.

This is my opinion not a dictation or "the law" since its the Cylons that are hating me when they should at least try to understand...so watch this thread, they will start hating soon and you can see first hand that we cant work together.

Oh yeah...blah blah blah...this is a game have fun...blah blah blah....you have to do what i say....blah blah blah...yall sound like old naggin women...blah blah blah
Old 17.10.2012, 15:42   #7
lagusa70
Forum Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Jansen View Post
This argument for "superiority" never ceases to crack me up. You've sat on your *** and played a GAME longer than the others you so readily look down up. Congratulations... well earned, sir. I applaud you and offer you exactly the amount of respect you deserve for bragging about completing such an arduous feat
I dont understand sarcasm...so sue me... Im not braggin about nothing, how did you get that outta what i said? I was explaining that i make more cubits in what i do than doin dailies since doin dailies advance you to the next level...so in other words, if i did my dailies everyday then i would be like a level 150-160 by now. But you thought i was braggin...what galaxy and what planet you come from that you misunderstood what i was saying?

This is not a thread for superiority..i kinda like being unknown, i get less attention on the battlefield which in turn i can utilize some of my operation without being watched but as usual you will find a way to turn this on me too...smh

Last edited by lagusa70 : 17.10.2012 at 15:52.
Old 17.10.2012, 16:06   #8
Fonsworth
Regular

Quote:

Hey Fosnsworth aren't you a colonial?
Lmfao dude I was joking sheesh. I really wasnt trying to rustle your jimmies smh. I actually switched over this last faction switch.

Lol@ the dailies comment though.
Old 17.10.2012, 16:28   #9
PokerSmith1
Forum Ambassador

I don't care if I end up being a good guy or a bad guy, so long as there is another guy for me to kill.
Philosophies aside, this IS a game and should be taken as such. Don't let some guy you don't even know ever bother you. That is all.
Old 17.10.2012, 21:21   #10
gssholly
All knowing Oracle

and if he does, lovely invention by the devs called mute. works wonders.

Nothing's difficult, everything's a challenge. Thru adversity, to the stars!
To the last plane, to the last bullet, to the last minute, to the last man!
WE FIGHT! -Red tails
Closed Thread