Battlestar Galactica Online

Battlestar Galactica Online (http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bsgo/index.php)
-   Help for Newbies (http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bsgo/forumdisplay.php?f=2532)
-   -   Just get a Liner (http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bsgo/showthread.php?t=432519)

saucenhan 26.03.2012 17:22

Just get a Liner
 
I just get a Adv.Jotunn and think about play it as my main ship (farm, OP run, minning...)
Anyone can tell me which gun should equiped and which place is best to farm?
(I 'm max my gun skills but i have none skill in missile so please don't suggest equip with missile)
thank

Toaster-Bait 26.03.2012 17:30

Short range guns.
Farm the platforms in Zeidan or Nilfhel

ColonelSaulTigh 26.03.2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucenhan (Post 2573627)
I just get a Adv.Jotunn and think about play it as my main ship (farm, OP run, minning...)
Anyone can tell me which gun should equiped and which place is best to farm?
(I 'm max my gun skills but i have none skill in missile so please don't suggest equip with missile)
thank

A lot of people say long range guns are the best for Jotunns because of how slow they are but on my Jormung (cylon Jotunn) i like to use 4 medium range on the front and 4 long range on the back But don't use short range because they suck up energy and you will never get them in range with that speed let alone optimal range.

Also if your struggling on what to put in the hull plates i would go for either armor or hull point plates it depends what your going to do for example amor plates are good for PVP because strikes have a really hard time chewing through it and you can repair faster because you have less hull points (basically damage to you is slower but your repair goes the same rate). However i hear having hull points is better against other liners because the liner guns have more armor value on the guns but then vipers can chew threw you easier and you will repair a lot slower because of the increase of hull points.

Engines i would use boosters if you wanna catch people but the RCS avoidance buff things are good a couple of them in the engine slots and you will be awesome at defense (I've held off a few liners attacking an OP using that setup with my Jormung).

Oh and Muspell would probably be a good place to farm if you have good enough guns.

ColonelSaulTigh 26.03.2012 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toaster-Bait (Post 2573638)
Farm the platforms in Zeidan or Nilfhel

I think he might get attacked by cylons if he did that :P

Toaster-Bait 26.03.2012 18:37

That's why I suggested it ;)

Sentinellx 26.03.2012 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonelSaulTigh (Post 2573673)
I think he might get attacked by cylons if he did that :P

If he is going to AFK farm, I sugest just the same, expecialy if he plays in Aerilon. It will spare us the time to call someone to clear him out of somewhere else.

Otherwise, Congratulations for your new ship. First and foremost, if you are not going to use missiles, prepare yourself to go deep in the EW tree and install one or two avoidance debuffs to help counter the avoidance Fenrirs and banshees and to hit any kind of strike, including NPC ones.

As weapons, LRCs on the nose help reaching far away targets and GPCs on the sides can cause some serious damage without depleting your energy too fast.

Hull sistems are more delicate, depending on what you gonna fight more often: 4 Armor plates + 1 DC tend to frustrate strikes and some escorts, but against lines you will get the short side of the rope and OP missiles will hurt A LOT. 4 Hull plates + 1DC inprove your survivability against lines, but strikes will chew you down faster, also, the DC pack will not be as eficient and may be substituted for anoter plate. Forget the HT plates, your critical defense is alredy high.

Finally for engines, well, you can be less slow or be able to turn directions and swing sides by plugin' two boosters or two gyros. If you have some strike friends with high level aurora computers, a Slide may be a good idea to use on OP rolls. Or you may try a boost/gyro combo at your own luck.. Personaly I use 2 boosters to charge into battle and whatever is in the way (often a cylon line or OP) to stop. (And yeah, I wait for the day ram damage will be implemented)

Neranzim1 26.03.2012 22:23

Just get a Liche... energy of Adv. Banshee's, firepower/accuracy of War Raider's,
EW/ES of Heavy Raider, etc.
First and foremost, much cheaper to upgrade (after massive 75k cubs buy price) than lines, yet more effient, it's escorts shining time.

Many high-level Cylon either uses Liche, Fenrir or Nidhogg for sake of legit overpower.:mad:

ColonelSaulTigh 28.03.2012 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neranzim1 (Post 2574205)
Just get a Liche... energy of Adv. Banshee's, firepower/accuracy of War Raider's,
EW/ES of Heavy Raider, etc.
First and foremost, much cheaper to upgrade (after massive 75k cubs buy price) than lines, yet more effient, it's escorts shining time.

Many high-level Cylon either uses Liche, Fenrir or Nidhogg for sake of legit overpower.:mad:

Hes a human does no one read?

Also on the liche comment may i refer you to this post?
http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bsgo/sh...d.php?t=423330

Xena201 28.03.2012 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neranzim1 (Post 2574205)
Just get a Liche... Many high-level Cylon either uses Liche, Fenrir or Nidhogg for sake of legit overpower.

BSGO forum - a bastion for the intellectually obtuse who thrive on declarative nonsensical hyperbole... "get a Liche"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonelSaulTigh (Post 2577109)
Hes a human does no one read?


Human or Cylon... Tired rhetoric? Ummm... absolutely.

Gyronix 28.03.2012 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xena201 (Post 2577316)
BSGO forum - a bastion for the intellectually obtuse who thrive on declarative nonsensical hyperbole... "get a Liche"

ROFL I'm soooo sick of the "Get a Liche" knuckledraggers. Some people may actually enjoy flying other ships guys! That's why there are more than just liches ingame.

maverick1987 28.03.2012 22:48

I'm doing my best to limit the Liches in this game... I attack them on sight. After I blow them up, I OL, "If you'd have been in a strike, you could of outrun me."

See? I'm helping to increase the number of cylon strikes in the game.
:cool:

Xena201 28.03.2012 23:34

Yeah... The Liche thing is so worn out.

Mine is Advanced ... What a waste of 800K cubits and 45K merits. Grrrr. Tried using the silly thing for a week... Its so freak'n boring!!

No wonder you guys are screaming for more... of anything. Content. quests etc.... If you're flying around in one of those things I can understand why . I've had more fun using my Liner/missile boat. LOL :P

saucenhan 29.03.2012 01:47

Liche-the most unbalance ship in the game

i just have Adv.Jotunn with level 2 equipment, which best place to farm?
Muspel is too dangerous

Xena201 29.03.2012 02:39

There's a lot of water and titanium in Weg. Odd. I usually net 2-3k of both resources from the roid-belt surrounding the planet. After that head to 276; If you're new, be careful to avoid the assassin spawns. Lots of rich asteroids in that sector just waiting to be exploited.

Last night I made over 90K units of water. Yes, its true. Not bad for a few hours of play.

BlackSkimmer 29.03.2012 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xena201 (Post 2577644)
There's a lot of water and titanium in Weg. Odd. I usually net 2-3k of both resources from the roid-belt surrounding the planet. After that head to 276; If you're new, be careful to avoid the assassin spawns. Lots of rich asteroids in that sector just waiting to be exploited.

Last night I made over 90K units of water. Yes, its true. Not bad for a few hours of play.

Holy -----. I need some of that. thanks for the tips.

Sentinellx 29.03.2012 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucenhan (Post 2577610)
Liche-the most unbalance ship in the game

i just have Adv.Jotunn with level 2 equipment, which best place to farm?
Muspel is too dangerous

With lvl 2 equip?!?!?!? I sugest you get back to your strike and try farming Tann (or Weg, as sugested) untill your gear is lvl 4+ then try your luck at Beta P, Kryphon or Ormicon.

BlackSkimmer 29.03.2012 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinellx (Post 2577711)
With lvl 2 equip?!?!?!? I sugest you get back to your strike and try farming Tann (or Weg, as sugested) untill your gear is lvl 4+ then try your luck at Beta P, Kryphon or Ormicon.

My equipment is level 1. I am saving for an aesir.

maverick1987 29.03.2012 04:29

Level 1? Stick to Rayet!

BlackSkimmer 29.03.2012 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick1987 (Post 2577740)
Level 1? Stick to Rayet!

I go everwhere. And I don't die as often as I should.

saucenhan 29.03.2012 05:38

I think about farm medium weapon platform
Anyone have a idea which place it spam?

Xena201 29.03.2012 08:01

The Medium platforms in Muspell are popular with "Farmers."

bucew 29.03.2012 09:08

if you are colonial than its not a problem to farm platforms in muspel in a strike with lvl1 equipement. Platforms there have nice blind spots you can park in and just chew them to death ....
If you are cylon ... well you cant farm plats in a low lvl strike


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.