PDA

View Full Version : Can't load, can't start, can't launch unity web ETCETERA ETCETERA

Licdlfg
27.01.2011, 13:12
Finally I get accepted into the closed beta!
But:

I have tried, repeatedly, to install this unity web player thing, but it never works.
I have tried it in different browsers, firefox, chrome...
I try refreshing the page but it just gives me whatever error message it wants to throw at me.

Error launching unity web player, failed to download...

How hard can it be to play this game?

I am honestly not even going to try anymore, how can I unregister my account and you remove my email adress and information from your database?

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 13:24
Can you please post the full error message you are receiving?

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 13:37
You might want to try clearing the Unity Cache, browser cache, and adjust your setting as instructed here:

I discovered that if the preference is checked to save cookies and passwords for sites that are listed on the Favorites list in IE8 any issues with the Unity player will remain. After clearing this and restarting the browser I was able to get into the game.

dejf
27.01.2011, 15:36
Hi, when i have click Play Now for the first time, loading crashed with - GetThreadContext failed in standard microsoft error page - This was visible on page:
rev.5430
Battlestar Galactica Online
Please wait
Fatal error in gc
GetThreadContext failed
iexplore.exe*32 used 100% of one core - 290 500 kB
i killed it, reinstaled unity tried again and now im in

Russ241
27.01.2011, 16:06
Hi, when i have click Play Now for the first time, loading crashed with - GetThreadContext failed in standard microsoft error page - This was visible on page:
rev.5430
Battlestar Galactica Online
Please wait
Fatal error in gc
GetThreadContext failed
iexplore.exe*32 used 100% of one core - 290 500 kB
i killed it, reinstaled unity tried again and now im in

this is Russ24, game name Russak. im having the same problem, the game was working for me fine then in the middle it says error message and now the load page wont even try loading and i have uninstalled unity web browser multiple times and it still doesnt work, i've checked firewall and everything else i can think of but it will not load for me at all now.

Russ24

Broken_Digit1
27.01.2011, 16:14
Windows PC users, think about downloading CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/) and running that daily, screenshots of errors would also help the Dev's.

JeremyR
27.01.2011, 16:16
I have the same problem - I can't enter the game. It is stuck at Loading page. I have "Loading prefabs 0/1" written in the bottom of the screen. It never loads.

I didn't have this problem before, this problem started yesterday and is still active.

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 16:17
I have the same problem - I can't enter the game. It is stuck at Loading page. I have "Loading prefabs 0/1" written in the bottom of the screen. It never loads.

I didn't have this problem before, this problem started yesterday and is still active.
Hit your refresh button.

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 16:18
this is Russ24, game name Russak. im having the same problem, the game was working for me fine then in the middle it says error message and now the load page wont even try loading and i have uninstalled unity web browser multiple times and it still doesnt work, i've checked firewall and everything else i can think of but it will not load for me at all now.

Russ24
Did you clear the Unity and browser cache, along with clearing all browser history and cookies?

JeremyR
27.01.2011, 16:33
Refresh didn't help, but I got through when I cleared cache.

Will all users have to clear cache regularly when BGO is out of Beta?

Broken_Digit1
27.01.2011, 16:41

Clearing browser cache should be done daily, clearing Unity cache should be done when all else fails, and, after every new patch is released.

Licdlfg
27.01.2011, 19:25
I can't even clear the unity cache because it doesn't start at all.

And I am serious about unregistering completely, I can't be arsed with more games that won't work on me after I foolishly bought monday night combat yesterday.

Umbra23
27.01.2011, 19:34
I can't run the unity web player, and i try everthing...

Alienspike1
27.01.2011, 20:12
I get the same problem with Loading, I click Error details and all I get is "Download Failed, please Retry" . Bellow is this in load window "Failed to download data file" I've reloaded over ten times already!

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 20:27
Refresh didn't help, but I got through when I cleared cache.

Anytime there are updates to the game both the Unity and browser caches will need to be cleared.

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 20:28
I can't run the unity web player, and i try everthing...
Clear out your browsing history and all cookies. Make sure to check the "Delete browsing history on exit" box under Tools->Internet Options (this is in IE, Firefox and Chrome are both done differently).

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 20:31
I can't even clear the unity cache because it doesn't start at all.

And I am serious about unregistering completely, I can't be arsed with more games that won't work on me after I foolishly bought monday night combat yesterday.
Others are able to play the game, so it must be something on your end. Blaming the game won't solve any problems.

RainingAsh
27.01.2011, 20:33
Our pros have already given some great advice. Below are some cliff notes:

Cache and unity reinstall

1) Clean the drive your unity is on
2) Clean browser cache
3) Run CC Cleaner if you have it.( to grab anything that may have been missed)
4)reboot
5) re install unity

Also, it is always a good idea to go through the above process prior to playing a new build.

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 20:46
Our pros have already given some great advice. Below are some cliff notes:

2) Clean browser cache
4)reboot
5) re install unity

Also, it is always a good idea to go through the above process prior to playing a new build.
Rain....if you recall, although you might not since it's been a while, I had a similar problem when I first started playing. It was clearning out the browsing history, cookies, etc. and restarting the browser that was the ultimate solution for me, so please add that to your list.

Licdlfg
27.01.2011, 21:09
Others are able to play the game, so it must be something on your end. Blaming the game won't solve any problems.

I don't think you quite understand what I mean, I am not blaming this game for not functioning as it is obvious a multitude of other people are playing it. All I am saying is that I don't have the energy or will to solve this problem, mainly because all I ever wanted was to check this out, I never intended to start playing it seriously.

But since no one even responded regarding on how to unregister, and the complete lack of a "I don't want to get more emails from you" link in the emails, I guess I will just have to mark the emails I get from here as spam.

Broken_Digit1
27.01.2011, 22:08
I don't have the energy or will to solve this problem

Um, it's a Beta, you accepted the NDA, with respect, man up :)

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 22:19
all I ever wanted was to check this out, I never intended to start playing it seriously.
Then why would you waste not only Dev time, but take up a slot someone that actually intended to do what they said they would, namely testing the game and reporting bugs, could have used in your place?

Good riddance if that's the kind of player you are. You can "check it out" once it goes live.

Licdlfg
27.01.2011, 22:33
So basically now I am getting insulted because the game is overly hard to even start playing, and I decided it's not worth my time to go through a whole bunch of threads and find a workaround that possibly works for me.

I don't mind playing the game and reporting bugs, I don't mind playing and giving feedback, but I do mind when the game won't even start when I have 1: a browser 2: the unity browser and it still gives me error messages.

It seems to me that when people are having trouble even starting the game, it shouldn't even be in a beta phase.

Broken_Digit1
27.01.2011, 22:39
It's a Beta, we are all here to work together to benefit the game, if you have identified a specific bug, try Here (http://en.board.bigpoint.com/bgo/showthread.php?t=255203)

RainingAsh
27.01.2011, 23:04
Rain....if you recall, although you might not since it's been a while, I had a similar problem when I first started playing. It was clearning out the browsing history, cookies, etc. and restarting the browser that was the ultimate solution for me, so please add that to your list.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program..(topic) be good all...

Shadow,

I want to make sure I include your suggestion. Can you list your steps here so I do not accidentaly misread what you mean by restarting the browser.

Shadowspawn
27.01.2011, 23:15
And now back to our regularly scheduled program..(topic) be good all...

Shadow,

I want to make sure I include your suggestion. Can you list your steps here so I do not accidentaly misread what you mean by restarting the browser.
Restarting the browser means clearing out everything I listed, then shutting down all open browsers and opening up a fresh one.

Russ241
27.01.2011, 23:47
Did you clear the Unity and browser cache, along with clearing all browser history and cookies?

yes i did, i even unistalled and reinstalled then it started saying something about an error downloading one of the files. any idea?

Russ241
27.01.2011, 23:51
says error opening files

C:\Users\Russ\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\WebPlayer\Uni tyWebPlayerUpdate.exe

when i try to download unity web player now.

i was working for me then it just quit. now i cant do anything.

Russ24

RainingAsh
28.01.2011, 02:42
Restarting the browser means clearing out everything I listed, then shutting down all open browsers and opening up a fresh one.

I already have clean browser cache listed. At least i hope people know they need to close their browser and restart when they are clearing their browser cache.

RainingAsh
28.01.2011, 02:47
says error opening files

C:\Users\Russ\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\WebPlayer\Uni tyWebPlayerUpdate.exe

when i try to download unity web player now.

i was working for me then it just quit. now i cant do anything.

Russ24

Have you tried a different browser to see if that works?

If not, you may want to try another browser. Do the following once again when switching your browser:

2) Clean browser cache (close your browser after clearing and re-open)
4) Reboot
5) Re install Unity

If you get it working again in a second browser , you can try going back to your original browser and see if it then works.

Russ241
28.01.2011, 06:36
i have cleared everything, and reinstalled and it says error when downloading untiy, says it can open one of the files.

Russ24

Broken_Digit1
28.01.2011, 07:40
i have cleared everything, and reinstalled and it says error when downloading untiy, says it can open one of the files.

Russ24

Do you have admin rights on your PC?

HaxtonFale
28.01.2011, 08:21
I also have quite a few issues with Unity player.
First of all, I had to launch the game about 3 or 4 times before it finally loaded after side selection. Not to mention that every time I tried, I had to relaunch the game 2-3 times. But, after all, I got into the game.
And there was another problem - I could hardly see anything around me, except fot Starbuck and several asteroids. Restartign the game helped, but even then I couldn't see the Raider.
Each and every single launch includes crashing the browser and/or DOUBLE crash reports (two windows pop up) from the player itself. And when I finally get through and see 'Battlestar Galactica Online' with loading bar and it gets through, I get a loading circle, frozen at first section of loading prefabs. After a while I can hear some kind of explosion, but the screen stays still on barely started loading.
Basically, for at least 30 tries to launch the game, I succeeded twice, and the game was playable only once.
I use Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and Chrome, newest version. IE keeps asking me to install flash player and I don't have FF, since it loads ridiculously long.

Broken_Digit1
28.01.2011, 08:23
^ ^ What is your ISP connection speed?

HaxtonFale
28.01.2011, 08:25
I get about 50Mb/s, since there is barely any traffic in the network.

Shadowspawn
28.01.2011, 11:00
I already have clean browser cache listed. At least i hope people know they need to close their browser and restart when they are clearing their browser cache.
Clearing the browser cache is not the same as clearing out everything else. Only when I checked the box (in IE) "Delete browsing history on exit" was I able to get the game to work. Doing everything else and not checking that box will continue the problem.

LeinieDrinker
28.01.2011, 12:02
I'm also getting a "fail to download file" message. Error details just read "Download Failed, try again."
I've tried multiple time with no luck, I've also tried to refresh the screen. still no luck.

Shadowspawn
28.01.2011, 12:07
I'm also getting a "fail to download file" message. Error details just read "Download Failed, try again."
I've tried multiple time with no luck, I've also tried to refresh the screen. still no luck.
Have you cleared both of the caches along with everything else on the "list?"

Broken_Digit1
28.01.2011, 12:39
CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/) That should help a lot

Russ241
28.01.2011, 13:52
when downloading, i couldnt download a specific plugin. the game worked for me at first then stopped due to a missing plugin, i the uniblue file under programs and it was a mispaled and partially downloaded file. i unistalled whatever the program was and then restarted and downloaded unity web player again and it went perfect. really enjoying the game alot, wish the turning wasnt so laggish but a a good game and good graphics. will there be any sound to the voices when the beta is done? anyone still having problems getting in, go through your start menu and look for a program called UniBlue, if you have that file then try uninstalling each file seperately and one at a time then restart and try to download the web player again. maybe this will help everyone.

Russ24

RainingAsh
28.01.2011, 15:56
CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/) That should help a lot

This has never failed me yet. Thanks for throwing it back up there Digit!

-Castiel-2
28.01.2011, 16:00

Hi, I have the same problem, and refresh didnt help. It starts yeasterday also and i dont know what to do? I have cleared my cache and explorer memory and cookies but it wont help. What should we do?

Cyber.end.dragon
28.01.2011, 18:36
me too, i cant play the game

Broken_Digit1
28.01.2011, 19:09
It's important you get the steps in the right order, to get you started.

1. Clear Unity cache.

2. Clear browser cookies and cache.

3. Run CCleaner above.

4. Reboot.

Try that, hope it helps.

Necro
28.01.2011, 19:09
I was able to play after i got the email with the link, i did U.S. server made a toon flew around logged out. Now i'm unable to log into the U.S. server. i tried to log into the euro server and was able to, made a toon flew around logged out and logged back in on the euro server just fine. but when i try with the U.S. server again after running cc cleaner, clearing cashe brower cookies and clearing unity i'm still unable to log into the U.S. one. i go to the log in, log in to get to the select page click on US and a window pops up to launch, i do that and it goes back to the log in screen, so i do and it pops up with launch, and the log in screen, launch, log in.