PDA

View Full Version : Call Signs

YodaJM
11.11.2010, 10:17
Sorry if this has been asked and answered ( I did a search and didn't come up with anything).

Would it be possible to add an option for call signs for the human characters?
Similar to how it shows Captain Thrace ('Starbuck') for her character in the Rec Room.

This is my first human character so I just put it in the name, but having a call sign would make sense, since we are pilots after all. :)

\-Sephiroth-/
11.11.2010, 13:41
How would that work in gameplay? Sorry for asking, the idea needs a little development :)

YodaJM
12.11.2010, 09:31
It doesn't have much to do with gameplay so much as adding to the atmosphere of the game. Pilots were referred to, using their call signs, extensively throughout the BSG series. I know there are more pressing issues to address but the little things do add to the game as well.

Just my 2 cents :D

teofilimon
13.11.2010, 06:18
Maybe at a certain Rank you can get a call sign? It would just be something fun to add on top of the game, doesn't have to do anything with gameplay... just something unlock able.

Tlaloc
13.11.2010, 12:09
Easy solution. Name of ship = call-sign.

... well at least I think that can hold most people over until the devs decide on what to do.

... although if time actually did go into codingthis in, I suggest that the call-signs be available to anyone that joins a Guild/Wing, that way you have a call-sign in a group and it would be restricted by duplicates. (as it should be)

Hopefully that made sense at 4 am =)

nwagner
13.11.2010, 16:45
I thought when you set up your character and name it that would be the callsign. Even in the show most of the people are referred to by there callsign rather then name anyways.

RionRaios
13.11.2010, 19:54
my take on this is that callsigns should be earned, given by your fellow pilots and/or your superiors (like the Wing Commanders) :D

I mean, look at Hotdog. I BET he wanted to be called something else XD

gassnake
15.11.2010, 00:21
I think the ship name should be the callsign (In the show, the callsign is put on the ship, so it IS the name of the ship, right?). Not to mention everybody's handle is already their 'callsign' Unless bsgo incorporates real identities it's kinda pointless. There could be a name generator or something that creates "real names" for the pilots and then the handle becomes the callsign... but it would still be unneeded and complicated.

Yojinj
15.11.2010, 04:49
Me and Lord Z often call targets by the shipname (if there is one), so i agree that the shipname could be the call sign. Maybe make it possible to name your ships directly at start on galactica/"the" basestar. Or add a "name your ship" at the intro-mission. People will fly the start ship long enough, right now i see too many viper mk 2, raptors, raiders or heavy raiders who do not know where to rename the ship.

Sparrow
19.11.2010, 04:47
I just figured my call sign is Sparrow and my ship name is Fragile Steel. It would be a nice feature if they added a title type thing. Maybe something you purchase with cubits in the store.

If they add a bio page people can place their "real", ok.......pretend "real name" on their bio page.

SkylarkThibedeau
20.11.2010, 17:52
I was going by ship name as the call sign for my avatar. My call sign in BSG-47 is Daisy because I am a Hippie Pacifist Medic.

SentryKiller
20.11.2010, 18:22
I was going by ship name as the call sign for my avatar. My call sign in BSG-47 is Daisy because I am a Hippie Pacifist Medic.

I thought your av pic there looked a bit SLish...

Sparrow
20.11.2010, 23:22
I was going by ship name as the call sign for my avatar. My call sign in BSG-47 is Daisy because I am a Hippie Pacifist Medic.''

I want to be a Hippie Pacifist Medic too!

SkylarkThibedeau
21.11.2010, 18:40
''

I want to be a Hippie Pacifist Medic too!

LOL Well there are three active BSG RPG sims now in Second Life and one about to open. Create an avatar and search for BSG 47, BSG 21, BSG Exodus, and 12 Colonies.

Shadowspawn
22.11.2010, 15:02
Easy solution. Name of ship = call-sign.

... well at least I think that can hold most people over until the devs decide on what to do.

Call signs are assigned to pilots, not ships. Ships are accounted as individuals themselves, and have their own name given them by the pilot. A pilot can own many ships, all with their own names, but can only have one call sign.

Example-

Call Sign- Shadowspawn
Viper name- Stealth

SkylarkThibedeau
27.11.2010, 13:50
LOL Well there are three active BSG RPG sims now in Second Life and one about to open. Create an avatar and search for BSG 47, BSG 21, BSG Exodus, and 12 Colonies.

They missed the Sims I forgot to mention.